Beachbody Support Group 2018

Options

Replies

• RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    sophia162 wrote: »
    I'm also powering through Focus T25's Beta Cycle, for my cardio fix. The only thing I can't quite do is hold and/or pulse on lunges or squats. I mean, I can do all the reps, bring them... but the holdin' and the pulsin'... dang. I literally have to straighten up every few seconds and then keep going. Does anyone else struggle with this?
    Those hold/pulses are killer!! I have to straighten up for a moment, too. Thought I was the only one that struggled with it 🙂

@gam3rguy Way to go!!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
  • sophia162
    sophia162 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm also powering through Focus T25's Beta Cycle, for my cardio fix. The only thing I can't quite do is hold and/or pulse on lunges or squats. I mean, I can do all the reps, bring them... but the holdin' and the pulsin'... dang. I literally have to straighten up every few seconds and then keep going. Does anyone else struggle with this?
    Those hold/pulses are killer!! I have to straighten up for a moment, too. Thought I was the only one that struggled with it 🙂

haha, that's good to hear, since the cast obviously do them top notch. Those and high kicks (at their crazy speed, at least) are the two moves that are still a challenge for me. But challenges keep things fun and give us a focus :)

P.S. And chest/nose to the floor push ups... I've progressed from knees to toes, but chest to the ground? Not there yet!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Cardio Challenge & P90 Sculpt B"=Done!
  • RollTideHusker
    Options
    I haven’t worked out for several days. Although I did sleep about 10.5 hours Sat and 9.5 Sun. 😴 I am back to it tomorrow.

Keep going everyone!! 😎
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I did the coaches test group of FIIT4, finished a couple of weeks ago. I really liked it. Plan on doing it again when it goes live next month. Best part was only 4 days a week. It took some time to get use to not going hard every day but you'll need the days off to recover. Happy Fall all!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Fitbit is still a glitchy mess. All it’s doing is turning notifications on and off. Not doing anything else. It did that before...and then just crashed.
  • AlliRose1014
    AlliRose1014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just started Beach Body on Demand and 80 Day Obsession yesterday and would love to find others who are also beginning the program. Feel free to add me!
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Tabata Power completed. This is my last week of month 1.
  • RollTideHusker
    Options
    Urgh 🙁 The DVD player stopped working. The hubby is going to see if he can hook the PlayStation up to the TV. The In-Laws have an older TV so we’ll see. I did some weightlifting instead - I wanted to do something at least.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Focus T25: Beta Upper Focus & P90 Sweat B/Ab Ripper B"=Done!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I did TurboFire the last two days...and lifted yesterday
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am looking at joining up on Beachbody on Demand. I prefer to do strength training over cardio as I really hate cardio though I do get some in anyway. Can anyone recommend any particular strength training workout that they have tried and found really works for them? I don;t want to sign up unless I know this will have what I am looking for. Thanks!
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sweat intervals done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: Pure Cardio & P90 Sculpt B"=Done!
    internet seems to be running smooth as I've been able to stream P90. I MAY give LIIFT4 a shot next week.
  • sophia162
    Options
    MaddyT122 wrote: »
    Hi there! I am looking at joining up on Beachbody on Demand. I prefer to do strength training over cardio as I really hate cardio though I do get some in anyway. Can anyone recommend any particular strength training workout that they have tried and found really works for them? I don;t want to sign up unless I know this will have what I am looking for. Thanks!

I'm doing 80 Days Obsession and it's very strength training focused. It has you working out 6 days a week, and only 2 of those 6 days are cardio... and it's body weight, hiit, challenging cardio!

You need dumbbells though, lots of different weights (or mountable ones like me, which is a hassle, but it's what I got).

The program is fun, effective and dynamic... at first I found it not to be challenging enough, but I was wrong. It creeps up on you. The key is to constantly up the weights, assuring you're giving it your all.

Also, P90x has a focus on strength training, I've heard pretty good comments, but I haven't done it.

Good luck!
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is Day 60 of 80 DO. Loving the changes! I'm happy about lifting heavier and less cardio focus. I still think I'll do Shift Shop or Shaun T next. I will implement the diet plan, but of course weigh, measure, and count calories for everything.
  • gam3rguy
    Options

BODY BEAST.
    also...Hammer and Chisel.

• gam3rguy
    edited September 2018
    Options

I'm doing 80 Days Obsession and it's very strength training focused. It has you working out 6 days a week, and only 2 of those 6 days are cardio... and it's body weight, hiit, challenging cardio!

You need dumbbells though, lots of different weights (or mountable ones like me, which is a hassle, but it's what I got).

The program is fun, effective and dynamic... at first I found it not to be challenging enough, but I was wrong. It creeps up on you. The key is to constantly up the weights, assuring you're giving it your all.

Also, P90x has a focus on strength training, I've heard pretty good comments, but I haven't done it.

Good luck!

P90X is a pretty epic mix of EVERYTHING. I've also done X-2, X-3 and X+. so, any q's just ask.
  • sophia162
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

Good luck!

P90X is a pretty epic mix of EVERYTHING. I've also done X-2, X-3 and X+. so, any q's just ask.

Cool. I thought P90X was just about the ole' strength training.

I'm midway through 80 Days Obsession (with T25 thrown in for cardio)... I've done Insanity before and had a blast (I threw in some strength training on my own that time)... I think the next one I'll try is P90x! I'd love to follow a program that's very complete, you know? So I could just do that in the day and be done with it. If it's a mix of everything, it sounds like just what I need. I've developed quite a taste for these programs, because I don't have to think about structuring them... I just merrily follow along haha, videos are fun and motivating. Thanks for the info!