The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    epr3996 wrote: »
    I only have a few months left that I can post in this thread before I move onto to 60+ thread!
    So I must say at my age I am in the best and worst shape of my life!

Well, I only have 4 more years, then! Crap. Aren't we "grandfathered" in or something like that?! :D
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    epr3996 wrote: »
    I only have a few months left that I can post in this thread before I move onto to 60+ thread!
    So I must say at my age I am in the best and worst shape of my life!

Well, I only have 4 more years, then! Crap. Aren't we "grandfathered" in or something like that?! :D

I'm over 60, but I feel like l'm 40. And checking in here periodically keeps me feeling that way. I'm staying. :D
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps. Happy Humpday. 👋
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Let's get over that hump today all you M agers Happy hump day and get it done.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Hey! Happy humpday peeps! Lets all make it a great one!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Looking cloudy and dreary today. Possibly a wet Wednesday.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Looking cloudy and dreary today. Possibly a wet Wednesday.

Same here. Definitely a dreary, wet day. But it’s not Monday so I don’t mind.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I've been getting my after work workouts in. Finally! I hit reset for myself...again.
    Last night was 45 minutes of total body blast followed by an hour of yoga. :)
  • DeniseMayree
    DeniseMayree Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add this middle aged Nana...cant have too many motivating people helping you out along your journey.
  • tommy619
    tommy619 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello fitness pals!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day, all....

Here's a clip that may help the next time the alarm goes off too early and you're not "feeling it"....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuPLxQD4akQ
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Happy Hump Day, all....

Here's a clip that may help the next time the alarm goes off too early and you're not "feeling it"....

I chose my entire life to listen to that voice of defiance and now I'm dealing with my body that has chosen it's the priority now. It's good to e motivated but be smart. We all aren't elite athletes, I grew up being one and you have to be defiant but as an adult I've learned better to be smart. I'm a downer eh
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Hump Day, all....

I chose my entire life to listen to that voice of defiance and now I'm dealing with my body that has chosen it's the priority now. It's good to e motivated but be smart. We all aren't elite athletes, I grew up being one and you have to be defiant but as an adult I've learned better to be smart. I'm a downer eh

I'd say you're being a voice of reason, not a downer. As a guy who still doesn't listen all the time, I've had stretches of time where I"ve been a frequent flyer at physical therapy. With that said, to me the key is that adequate recovery time is mandatory between hard efforts, especially as we age, at least in reference to the endurance sports.

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day, all....

I'd say you're being a voice of reason, not a downer. As a guy who still doesn't listen all the time, I've had stretches of time where I"ve been a frequent flyer at physical therapy. With that said, to me the key is that adequate recovery time is mandatory between hard efforts, especially as we age, at least in reference to the endurance sports.

Ya see I forget I'm not that 16 year old in exceptional shape who can just brush off pain from what I later found out was a broken tailbone. Ahhh the good old days
  • WobblyYorkshireLass
    Options
    Hi all, just over 51 (i think).....Please feel free to add me
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Happy Hump Day, all....

Sometimes a dose of reality is needed. Striving for high performance is great once we have a good idea of what that looks like for our age and body condition. That's not being a downer at all.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Hi all, just over 51 (i think).....Please feel free to add me

Welcome!