Embrace your Awesomeness!

Options

Replies

• SukesLaLukes
    SukesLaLukes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Work has been super stressful this week and with other 'mental health' issues I've been struggling to log properly but on the positive side I've cooked some yummy healthy meals this week! :)
  • SukesLaLukes
    Options
    w57h08xs5ete.jpg
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,746 Member
    Options
    So happily tired and worn out. The grass is cut and my butt has been kicked. Time to hit the shower.
  • C_Stretton
    C_Stretton Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My lack of creativity led me back to StrongLifts 5x5. I deloaded quite a bit of weight. I figured it had been a while and I probably should ease back in.
    It was a great break in the day. I wrapped a meeting and got in the car. No time to stress about anything. I expect to be sore tomorrow :)
  • bijarkhan
    bijarkhan Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It seems as everyone is keeping strong with their exercises. Way to go!! Love your creativity Sukes, in your meal planning.
  • mling84
    mling84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Made Christmas cards and caught up with a friend who just came back from 3 weeks out of state. Yes, I am making Christmas cards in late September smile: That way I can actually enjoy what I am making instead of starting in Nov with the holiday stress/pressure!
  • jm216
    Options
    Love it! Love the exercise, love that amazing dinner picture, and love the Christmas card creativity!
  • C_Stretton
    Options
    I don't know what's in that pasta, but I want it! It looks fantastic.

We do Christmas a little bit differently in my house... everything is last minute so that everything is impulse. I never know what's going to happen. Admittedly though, one year I waited too long and Christmas dinner was hot dogs and frozen pizza (the kid loved it). Another year my car was totaled in a parking lot whilst I last minute shopped Christmas Eve (I replaced it with what we deemed the most fun, yet impractical car for driving in Denver - a 1998 Miata). Somehow we turned what could have been disasters into successes.
  • SukesLaLukes
    Options
    C_Stretton wrote: »
    I don't know what's in that pasta, but I want it! It looks fantastic.

We do Christmas a little bit differently in my house... everything is last minute so that everything is impulse. I never know what's going to happen. Admittedly though, one year I waited too long and Christmas dinner was hot dogs and frozen pizza (the kid loved it). Another year my car was totaled in a parking lot whilst I last minute shopped Christmas Eve (I replaced it with what we deemed the most fun, yet impractical car for driving in Denver - a 1998 Miata). Somehow we turned what could have been disasters into successes.

The pesto was rocket walnut and a little bit of parmesan :) then with brown spaghetti. I get my recipes from Happy Kitchen by Rachel Kelly, and Hairy Dieters :)
  • jm216
    Options
    It’s Friday! Have a super duper day!
  • C_Stretton
    Options
    The pesto was rocket walnut and a little bit of parmesan :) then with brown spaghetti. I get my recipes from Happy Kitchen by Rachel Kelly, and Hairy Dieters :)

Thanks! I'll have to look those up. I'm in a bit of a food rut right now.
  • jm216
    Options
    What is your semi healthy food go to?
  • C_Stretton
    Options
    I don't know if this is a go to or not, but I tend to load my less-healthy options with vegetables. If we're having pasta, I add extra peppers and zucchini. I turn tacos into fajitas and make a corn salsa. Same with enchiladas - I'll make chicken or beef for my husband and a batch of veggie for me, then have one of each (plus, these are great the next morning with a fried egg on top). We almost always have chopped, sliced, and diced vegetables in our house so that they're easy to grab and throw into a recipe. This way, I don't give up the foods I like and don't feel deprived and spiral out of control as much as I used to.
  • thelegendofsakura89
    thelegendofsakura89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Usually something like cheese sticks and almonds...or hard boiled eggs I make in advance when I'm hungry and can't be bothered to make anything.
  • jm216
    Options
    My not so healthy but loaded with veggies go to is Ramen noodles with tons of celery and scallions. I know it’s loaded with salt, but that’s my lunch for today!!
  • C_Stretton
    Options
    There's something comforting about ramen, especially as the weather cools.
    I've been eating homemade ramen for breakfast lately - I use a rice ramen, vegetable flavored better than bouillon for the broth, vegetables, and sometimes a hard boiled egg. I love soup for breakfast.

Today is a day on the run. After work I'm volunteering at the animal shelter for a couple of hours, and then heading out to watch the Colorado/Chicago wild card game. I'm going to focus on breakfast (ramen) and lunch (left over pizza) and just let dinner be what it is.
  • jm216
    Options
    Having a moment here. I was doing pretty good until my 3 days of self- sabotage. I’m done feeling sorry for myself, and it’s time to get back to my awesomeness! So much of this journey is a positive attitude, and I need to get things back in control, and back to enjoying the journey.

Love you all!

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    It’s Fantastic Friday! Take time to be silly today. I plan on dancing while making my breakfast and lunch before work. Things might get very messy!

<3 Jill
  • shelanoor6883
    shelanoor6883 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi jill

Yesterday, I noticed that I gained 7kg after slow journey of losing weight (15 kg in 4 month). I started my day with smile ,and i did many things I usually enjoyed . But after trying new clothes in the fitting room i got disappointed nothing compliments my body .
  • jm216
    Options
    Hi jill

Yesterday, I noticed that I gained 7kg after slow journey of losing weight (15 kg in 4 month). I started my day with smile ,and i did many things I usually enjoyed . But after trying new clothes in the fitting room i got disappointed nothing compliments my body .

It can totally be frustrating, but don’t let that stop you. I used to get so hung up on what size I was, but like you said... it’s about how clothes compliment your body. Shopping is like hunting... you just have to keep at it until you find what you’re looking for.

Just remember, you’re amazing... inside and outside!

<3 Jill