WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbie: Congrats on a good night’s sleep. It is a gift to savor. :flowerforyou:

Pip: I love the photo of Kirby with the Airstream in the background. :smiley:

(((Heather))) You’re doing a decent job of handling the stress and frustration. I am impressed. I’m still hoping for the best. :star:

M: It sounds as though you’ve found a doctor with the potential of helping you. Yay!!! I hope she is just what you need. :flowerforyou:

Vicki: I’m so sorry that your friend has pancreatic cancer. It was good that you & your DH have provided a home for his loved motorcycle. I'm sure it eases his worry a little bit. :star:

Heather: We had to replace the door to an outside storage room a few years ago. We chose a fiberglass door in a matching style to our other outside doors. We’ve been very happy with it. The wooden door that was there before had dry rot and was deteriorating rapidly. Our neighbor also put in a fiberglass door. :flowerforyou:

Lenora: The political candidate you’re talking about sounds like a “nutter.” I hope the election results give you a more realistic person. :grumble:

Kim: I am so happy to see you post. You have been missed! :star:

Wellness63: Welcome! :smiley:

Lisa: Sorry about the frustration with the printer. I’m glad the reboot worked. :star:

Rebecca: Sorry that the medical support you want for DH isn’t as good as OHSU. :flowerforyou:

Barbara: DD said she would take care of the tax matter, but she didn’t from what she just said. I don’t know the current status. We see our accountant at 1:30 this afternoon. We count on him for good advice. :star: DD says that she and her husband did not have to pay sales tax. We haven’t heard back from CO lately. That doesn’t mean there is no trouble in my view.

As I just mentioned, we are going to see our accountant this afternoon to discuss the CO situation as well as review our status. We haven’t heard from the state of CO a second time. Don’t know what that means, if anything.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Viv--Congrates on stepping out of your comfort zone. I understand how you feel about being around new people. I have that problem too and working on it. :)

Rebecca-Great news on the jeans fitting. I pray you get things worked out with the blood work. B)

Rita--Interesting and keeps life from being boring.

Katla--Hope you get good news about the CO problem.

Barbie--Happy dance for you. So glad you were able to dance and that you know your limit. :D

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    well I am back and non the worse for wear, except I have to go get more bloodwork - specialized blood work.. so will go do that early tomorrow morning fasting in sure.. but will get it done to find out what is up...
    Pip~ that doesn't look good at all
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited September 2018
    I know we are not supposed to talk politics but today has been nothing on the U.S. news stations but the allegations against a Supreme Court nominee. It makes me sick to watch the whole thing. Lives will be ruined no matter who you side with.

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    Pip - OUCH!! I'm going to invest in Band-Aids if you keep this up, lol. Cute photo of Kirby and the airstream!!

Heather - love your way of dealing with the uncertainty of moving. Sounds like you already have a lovely home that needs a bit of updating to suit your needs, thinking about that and planning is a good way to tackle the stress of the selling/moving. DH and I talk about why keep this big (1700 sf) house and large lot and I look at homes for sale on the internet, and we decide there's no place we'd rather live than here right now. Plus, he's in love with that large collection of who knows what out in his shop that he refuses to start sorting through. I'm guessing there are at least 2 large dumpsters full, lol.

Vicki - so nice your DH was able to buy Bob's motorcycle. Did you say you had a new employee? You have such a stressful job and being shorthanded on top of it ((((HUGS))))

Rita
    - I always get a kick out of your adventures in Roswell!

Carol
    - DH and I thought when we went to ROKU TV we'd miss local and national news coming from Seattle stations. We don't. I guess we can get CNN and FOX both but we rarely watch them, lol. I read somewhere the more the media can keep repeating and hyping everything and getting people to tune in, the better their ratings and the more they can charge for advertising. When the internet goes down and we lose ROKU we are generally able to get foreign programming on public stations from an old-fashioned antenna. Amazing the things going on in this country and the world that are actually interesting other than whatever circus is taking place. And the best part... no commercials!

So we just walk away from toxic TV (thanks KarenNY)

Barbie - glad you were able to attend dance class for a while, and that photo of your furry kids was just great. Happy little family!!

Allie - sending good thoughts about your blood tests!! I went in yesterday for B12 and D blood tests and noticed the doc added on lipids and CMP - comprehensive metabolic panel. Guess she figured they had me in the chair, might as well go for it. Should be posting the results to my patient page this afternoon.

Going to be warm this afternoon -- 77f with 82f tomorrow. I just finished sanding the metal legs of our old glass-topped patio table and will spray them with Rustoleum tomorrow before the wind picks up.

OK ladies, have a great evening!

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Ttyy
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    :)
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Bad news on the bathroom floor - going to take longer and be more expensive than we had hoped, as the previous owners laid concrete board over already rotted flooring instead of replacing it. To keep the rot from going into the floor joists, we have to replace quite a bit of the sub-floor, and rip up the tile while we're at it. Well, not us, but the contractor. Grrf. Better to know now than later, but not a problem we welcome right now...

Oh well. We can't cure it without throwing money at it, so we'll endure it.

Thanks for the baby fix, Janet!

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2018
    Janetr That's an ADORABLE photo.

Lisa Bummer about the flooring.

Everybody who made suggestions about the grandson's computer - No, I can't do anything about my son being in control of that computer...but I could give him (again) the list of websites that have to have firewalls down. That's a great suggestion. Then if he does it again, I will give him the list again. As many times as l need to. He'll get embarrassed after awhile. I hate to do that to him. Actually I don't. He needs drugs. :#

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.56min, 11.9mph, 131mhr, 1.5mi= 80c
    apple watch- 64c
    TREADMILL jog- 52min, 9.55min mi, 5.8-6.6sp, 132ahr, 158mhr, 5.24mi= 495c
    apple watch- 560c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.09min, 17.3amph, 145mhr, 1.4mi= 77c
    apple watch- 46c
    ride puy 2 sumn station- (included, falling, fixing chain and getting on road again) 14.07min, 12.7amph, 126ahr, 154mhr= 178c
    apple watch- 123c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5min, 10.06min mi, 138ahr, 149mhr, .5mi= 73c
    apple watch- 56c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 4min, 9.47min mi, 127ahr, 149mhr, .4mi= 66c
    apple watch- 52c
    ride sumner sta 2 dentist/Tacoma, windy - 1hr, 2min 9sec, 145mhr, 11.6amph, 12mi= 551c
    apple watch- 488c
    Ride dentist 2 hm- 8.28min, 9.1amph, 129mhr, 1.2mi= 66c
    Apple Watch- didn't turn on

total cal 1586
  • Michelle - No, you did not muddy yourself at all.

Lenora
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    barbie so happy to hear you were dancing today <3<3<3
    NYKAREN
  • The correct spelling of the medication is SEROQUEL. I take two 400mg tablets at night - because it makes me 'sleepy if I take them every 12 hours'; my MD agreed that I could take it that way. It's cheaper, too! I get the generic brand (double up) because the 800mg only comes in 'brand name'; and it would about $95+ through my mail order instead of the $20 I pay for a 90-day supply. I also take Geodon and Clonazepam (anti-anxiety). Thankfully the LINX procedure I had earlier in the summer means that I no longer have to take "Nexium" or "Pepcid"; therefore I can 'attest' to the fact - for me - that my head is a lot less fuzzy than it has been for 12+ years. My surgeon told me that I should tell my GYN 'thanks' for sending me to him. LOL!!! I think I WILL tell him to NOT put any woman on "Nexium" long-term.

Lenora
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    <3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Barbie - So glad you were able to dance today!

Michelle - if they no longer need/want you, why are you waiting next year to step away. Let them handle it and walk away to make you happier. You matter.

I went into town to pick up the hubs and I's passports at his office (he is traveling this week). I love this weather...it was 65 this morning. I love that you see people that are in boots and sweaters because they are so glad it is finally coolish while others are still in shorts and flip flops because it warms up during the day and they are hanging on to Summer.

I got the yard mowed today. For some reason, my stupid watch is draining the battery when I wear it while I mow. I can do a 2 hour walk/run with it in workout mode and make it through the rest of the day with 50%+ battery life still left. When I mow just wearing it, it drains it. It didn't use to, just the last 3 times. It is extremely weird. Hopefully todays update will stop that.

Went to the gastro doc this morning. I am having a screening colonoscopy next Tuesday. They are going to do an endoscopy as well while I am under since I was having extreme heartburn when I increased my fat. I have gotten that under control with my diet, but since I will be out anyway, they are going to do it to be sure nothing is going on. He really doesn't think there is, but I have had an acidic stomach since I was a toddler so he's going to check it out.

Have a great evening ladies!

Okie in the TX Hill Country