Dealing with Chronic Bloat

Options
YourJuneInJan
YourJuneInJan Posts: 61 Member
edited September 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello, I am writing because I feel bloated 5/7 days a week. Probiotics don’t help, but intense or overexercising and accidentally skipping meals do. Lower back pain can add to effect (poor posture). No diseases. What are the main factors besides water, stress-reduction, and sleep?

Experience fatigue, excess fat on bottom, insecure. Any brutal thoughts and ideas welcome 😊

I am 5’7”, 26F, 145lbs. I exercise regularly (cardio and lift).

bxf8h814jmnk.jpeg
0feb6l1v344j.png
fgv2qr9wpp8a.jpeg

Thanks!

Replies

• YourJuneInJan
    Options
    "Bloat" being one of today's major buzzwords, is one of the leading factors.

Okay feeling overweight then? Is that how I should have phrased it
  • YourJuneInJan
    Options
    Are the pictures meant to show how bloated you look and the 'excess fat' on your rear?

Yes. Looking for help.
  • YourJuneInJan
    Options
    Pls share your ideas if you think it’s only fat, posture, or something else
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I don't see any bloating
  • YourJuneInJan
    Options
    I don't see any bloating
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    You are very clearly not overweight. I'm going to suggest you have some body dysmorphia going on.

Thank you for your help. Not overweight, just average.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I don't see any bloating
    You are very clearly not overweight. I'm going to suggest you have some body dysmorphia going on.

And there's nothing wrong with average.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I don't see any bloating

Honestly, you look good. Naught to worry about imho :)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Probiotics do nothing and current research is showing that most people do not need them unless it is after a course of antibiotics. Most "bloat" is just normal digestive function. Do you have excess burping or gas? If not, you are not bloated.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,437 Member
    Options
    If bloat includes constipation, make sure you're getting enough fat ( at least 0.35-0.45g daily per pound of healthy goal weight), as well as enough fiber (mix of soluble and insoluble fiber), and adequate magnesium, in addition to the things you mention.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Try the 10 veggie/fruit challenge, it cured me of any bloat.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Honestly you have a beautiful figure. You are standing a little swaybacked in your photos which does make your tummy and rear stick out. Your posture would be helped by a stronger core - my favorite core exercise is abs roll outs, which you can do with an abs roller, or even a dumbbell. But I'm not seeing excess fat on your tummy or your rear, and I'm not seeing bloating. Visit the "uterus" thread someone posted above, and maybe ask yourself why you see yourself as overweight in these perfectly slim pictures.