How in the world is this 4000 calories

Options

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    OP, tell your stupid mom to send me your cakes, instead. I will be thankful for it and appreciate the loving spirit in which it was given.

I want cake, too.

Me too. I hate that my GI system hates gluten. Because I *really* want good cake.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Birthday cherry cheesecake is the correct answer.
    Sounds good, it isn't a traditional cake so it an acceptable answer.

I think if everyone asked their significant other, "Your birthday is coming up, would you rather have birthday cake or birthday pie?", pie would win a majority of the time.

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    veganbaum wrote: »
    My stupid mom finds out I'm on a diet and supposedly brings me a healthy cake fro. Whole foods and says its fruit cake and its 400 calories for the entire cake (its 6 inches) and so I being the naive piece of sht that I am ate almost 3/4 of it and heres the link
    https://m.wholefoodsmarket.com/shop/NEW/3202/27925
    How in the world is this small a** cake 4000 calories!!??! It wasnt even dense!! It was one of those airy cakes. How!?!?!?

you saw the cake and didn't think to check out the box to verify the 400 cals for a whole cake far too good to be true statement before you hoovered it up....?

riiiiiight.

There was no box.. she just said it was from whole foods

so, question to all the american pals - is wholefoods known as a low calorie health shop...?? cos all i saw in the dessert section on that website was calorie after yummy calorie of fatness....?

not really understanding how anyone can actually legit think a whole cake covered in frosting is only 400 cals?

Technically, Whole Foods does not call itself a health food store, but rather a natural food store. There is actually a difference. Also, I don't personally think it's that much more expensive to shop there unless you're buying specialty items, when compared to other US chains around here. I shop largely at Trader Joe's, which is definitely cheaper than other chains here.

I can say that nearly every slice of cake I've seen from Whole Foods is between 600 and 1000 calories. Natural does not mean low calorie.

Same here. It's the only place I shop, 90 percent of the time, because their prices on organic and gluten free, and minimally processed stuff, is so much better than what my local chain charges.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Birthday cherry cheesecake is the correct answer.
    Sounds good, it isn't a traditional cake so it an acceptable answer.

I think if everyone asked their significant other, "Your birthday is coming up, would you rather have birthday cake or birthday pie?", pie would win a majority of the time.

Every year I ask for a birthday pie instead of cake, and last year I finally got one! Although they also still got a small cake because everyone else wanted cake.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Am I the only one that wants some cake now?!? Big Y makes a similar Italian fruit cake that I'm now craving :D