Is Keto Worth it?

Options

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    if it isnt something you can do for the rest of your life, i wouldnt do it.
  • Grambo54
    Grambo54 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Grambo54 wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    I have no means of measuring except I feel and see the difference, when I flex, my shape and overall bulk after a 15 pound loss, and I have done this many times before. But It may be I have only put 1 pound on because I havent been doing any heavy leg work. If so, that pound has gone a long way.

Its not just CNS strength gain. I cant quantify how much I think is strength gain, but its no where near as much as the muscle size gain. Perhaps too, because I know what exercises give me personally, the fastest gains, and the reps/sets/ etc to maximise that for me, that helps gain fast.

But the CNS is a really good topic, because it has a huge bearing on how effectively we recuperate from training. Cheers

I am sorry, but "feels" =/= actual results. You are making an assumption rather than making a statement based on actual data. Is there potential that you did gain some muscle? Maybe. But you don't have data to support your actual position. You have no clue if it was muscle gains, increase in blood flow (make you look pump), fat loss, muscle loss, etc...

I am glad you like what you see and have accomplished, but that in no way means you have data to support your position.

Thats the problem here on this forum. You have to have data, proof, verification. Experience means nothing! What you see in the mirror, its subjective, weights in the gym going up, oh just nervous energy, bigger biceps, oh thats easy...pump. I cant believe this. Ive been training for 45 years, 4 years as a competitive bodybuilder and you learn alot doing that. I have way more than just a "clue". You can have your science and data, I'll keep my results!

Is it a problem with the forum?

The root problem is that you are attempting to persuade, but the audience wants evidence. You can either blame the want or adapt and overcome by providing evidence.

Not the whole forum but in general a toeing of the line that science, data, analysis, is only what counts, and if you cant prove what youre saying that way, your results are deemed invalid or at least unbelievable and bad advice. Science does not have all the answers.

The human body is so complex I dont believe science will ever know it all. Scientists often cant even all agree on even which methodology produces the most accurate results. its not that I believe science is wrong on everything, I just dont believe it knows enough to be right on everything. So therefore I am sceptical of scientific theories that are not fully proven nor fully endorsed by the whole scientific community. Im offering a different viewpoint to what is pushed here. One that recognises real life cases, personal experience, years competing, owning gyms and training and observing people wanting to improve. Call it broscience if you like but the bros just keep coming out of the gym looking great.

Heres something to throw out there for comment and comparison, no right or wrongs, but interesting to hear what people think. Diet quality is about 10% of results in the gym. Supplements (like protein shakes, vitamins) not worth listing. Program about 20%. Psychology (motivation,dedication,determination etc) 20%, lifting and intensity 30%, rest and recuperation 20%. And if diet is only 10 or 15% of the equation why do we spend 90% of the time on this forum talking about it :smile:

Because it is 90% diet.

Good answer. It depends on what you want to achieve however. Eventually, when you you lose the weight, gain the weight, fat probably for both, you want shape, and thats where weight training wins. Muscle gives shape, fat gives bulk, unshapely bulk.
This discussion has been closed.