Is Keto Worth it?

Options

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    lillyy23 wrote: »
    Well I was thinking of trying it too. The thing is if you bloat easily then i think it would be beneficial

bloating can be caused by many things other than diet. so if you have an underlying issue like fibroids,cysts,etc change in diet most likely wont make a difference.
  • mattaturtle
    mattaturtle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Is it worth it? It is for me. I’ve lost about 55 pounds now in the last three months. I just recently started an exercise routine so almost all that weight was lost doing only Keto...no cardio! I’m only now starting a exercise plan because I really need to tone and strengthen my core. All the weight loss has left me flabby in the middle. I’m already within 10 pounds of my goal! I’m sure most will say that you can do that on any diet...and I’m sure it’s true. But I’ve never lost this much weight this fast without exercise. So YES Keto does work...at least for me it does. 🤗
  • mattaturtle
    mattaturtle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Is it worth it? It is for me. I’ve lost about 55 pounds now in the last three months. I just recently started an exercise routine so almost all that weight was lost doing only Keto...no cardio! I’m only now starting a exercise plan because I really need to tone and strengthen my core. All the weight loss has left me flabby in the middle. I’m already within 10 pounds of my goal! I’m sure most will say that you can do that on any diet...and I’m sure it’s true. But I’ve never lost this much weight this fast without exercise. So YES Keto does work...at least for me it does. 🤗

It's great that you lost that much weight, but quick weight loss also increases muscle loss, because aggressive deficits make it very hard to get the appropriate amount of protein, especially when you aren't weight training. I would highly recommend you lessen your deficit and start a well structured lifting routine, as well as incorporate appropriate levels of protein (.8 - 1.2g/lb), to help mitigate any more muscle loss, and if you are new, you might even be able to gain some muscle (at least a few lbs). The link below has a lot of good, well structured lifting routines.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Thanks psuLemom! Yes I have started a exercise routine that includes cardio, weight training and lots of crunches. At 50 years old I’m lucky to still be very muscular due to my obsession with working out when I was much younger. Thanks for the advice! 😊
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with hroderick - a slow change to daily life habits to the better. A much healthier daily meal plan, again with small changes as we go along. A bit of light exercise to start with, do as much as your body can handle. Start working on a daily routine, have a rest day, look forward to a little treat which does not hinge on food and beverages. I treated myself to a sports massage yesterday, just great.
This discussion has been closed.