Is Keto Worth it?

Options

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    https://keto-mojo.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=mojo&msclkid=ee9e3c765dfc10bf58cb67d21015c6c3 and then $0.99 per test strip. It can become something of a science project. I don't attempt keto. Several of my mfp friends do and seem to be quite happy with it.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    This is good info I've been looking for, thanks!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    hroderick wrote: »
    Maybe worth it if you need to control epileptic seizures. Otherwise simpler lifelong eating behavior changes are much easier and lasting

That's going to vary from individual to individual too. I find keto much easier to follow than everything in moderation. More health benefits for me too.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options

Actually it is the only successful WOE I have found. I do wish I had found it at age 23 instead of 63 but hey better late than never.

I wish I had found keto 40 years ago myself.
  • RonyMack
    RonyMack Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »

I had an arm amputated and keto made me regrow my arm back!

Keto also cured my sisters friends cousin of athletes foot and jock itch.

#facts
    That's absurd. Only apple cider vinegar cures jock itch. But back to the subject, you do you, OP. No one way of eating works for everyone. Regardless of what you may read on the forums here or elsewhere. :)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    MOOD4TUNES wrote: »
    I think before starting any diet, if you have any underlying health issues, you should see a Doctor first so they can advise you on a plan.

I had my doctor give me a diet. He had xeroxed sheets from the Diabetes Association. He said he could refer me to a nutritionist and some diabetes classes. I asked if he thought it would help, and he said that as close as he could tell they did not ever seem to help his patients. I said I would pass.

With metformin and following the diet he gave me very closely, my glucose readings were never under 200. I started doing some research and tried lowering carbs to 50 a day. I saw my first readings under 200. I dropped carbs to 20 a day, and glucose readings started looking pretty good. I never looked back.

So at my next appointment, I have lost weight, and my A1C is much improved. The doctor said he was not accustomed to patients actually following his advice, and he was pleased to see the progress. I told him I owed my progress really to ignoring his advice and asked him if he wanted to know what I was doing. He laughed and said, "No, just keep doing it."

After the doctor left, the nurse said, "I'd like you to tell me what you are doing." I told her, and she said she wished I would talk to her husband.

keto does help those with insulin and diabetes though,its not the only way but it is one one to lower those things and improve them
  • minidoos
    minidoos Posts: 13 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I am 10days in - I hate it sofar - I am hungry and week.
    It is one of the most complex diets to get right.
    I do like the idea but has caused some people to collapse faint end up in hostpital on an iv.
    Easier is counting just calories for me.
    Keto is
    Adapting - count macros that’s 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbs then after adaption if your not loosing weight you have to count calories!!!
    If your not feeling well - “Keto flu”
    Your bound to be doing something wrong. Most will tell you electrolytes are missing and your dehydrating. Because it drains you in the process.
    Also I find that. it enough this is put on not eating sugar making sure sugar and carbs are low in everything you eat.

My bonuses - I was able to get off high PB pills within 3 days of not eating sugar and bread, pastry - keto style, after 10 days I still am working on getting the macros right and adding my own recipe for electrolytes.
This discussion has been closed.