How in the world is this 4000 calories

Options

Replies

• 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Sugar + fat + flour = high calories

When I first started keeping track of calories I was stunned by the calories in certain items. Now you know, and can behave accordingly the next time. :)

• Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious - does it change anyone's perception of the situation if I point out the OP is a guy?
  • RonyMack
    RonyMack Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Classic MFP... doesn't happen often these days!
    Is it just me or have the boards have really slowed sown since the last time I had a membership? The same threads over and over. Of course it doesn't help that I'm bumping this to the top again.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious - does it change anyone's perception of the situation if I point out the OP is a guy?

Not at all. The descriptive word for the individual can still start with a b, just different following letters.
  • RonyMack
    RonyMack Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    RonyMack wrote: »

Classic MFP... doesn't happen often these days!
    Is it just me or have the boards have really slowed sown since the last time I had a membership? The same threads over and over. Of course it doesn't help that I'm bumping this to the top again.

At least it's not another keto thread.
    https://www.copymethat.com/r/7lgQoZ9/keto-italian-cream-cake/
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    My stupid mom finds out I'm on a diet and supposedly brings me a healthy cake fro. Whole foods and says its fruit cake and its 400 calories for the entire cake (its 6 inches) and so I being the naive piece of sht that I am ate almost 3/4 of it and heres the link
    https://m.wholefoodsmarket.com/shop/NEW/3202/27925
    How in the world is this small a** cake 4000 calories!!??! It wasnt even dense!! It was one of those airy cakes. How!?!?!?

you saw the cake and didn't think to check out the box to verify the 400 cals for a whole cake far too good to be true statement before you hoovered it up....?

riiiiiight.

There was no box.. she just said it was from whole foods

so, question to all the american pals - is wholefoods known as a low calorie health shop...?? cos all i saw in the dessert section on that website was calorie after yummy calorie of fatness....?

not really understanding how anyone can actually legit think a whole cake covered in frosting is only 400 cals?

Definitely not. Their bakery section is a delicious delicious place with lots of fat and carbs.

Yes - the pictures above make me want to visit. Haven't been to a Whole Foods in years. But just to be fair you can buy fruit/vegetables/other foods with lower caloric density - just at very high prices.

Assuming you're not buying "fancy" produce, you can actually get some really good deals there.

Whole Foods has done a lot with their prices in the past 1-2 years, especially now that they're owned by Amazon.

Yup. For basic organic produce and grass-fed meats, they are *far* cheaper than my local chains.

Ya, and their meat is better quality and taste than comparably raised meat at my local chains. Many of the 365 brand items have good prices as well.

Plus now I can order from Whole Foods from Amazon Prime and not need to take the time driving and shopping.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Has the OP even responded to all this?