• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Name: Kathryn
    Height: 5'3.5"
    Total Weight lost: ~76 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2 years 3 months
    How long in maintenance: I called maintenance in July 2016, but I continued to slowly lose until December of 2017. I have been in maintenance for ~ 9 months
    Maintenance weight range: 118 - 122 lbs
    Average weight recorded from 2017: 123.4

Average weight recorded from January: 119.2
    Average weight recorded from February: 119.6
    Average weight recorded from March: 119.6
    Average weight recorded from April: 119.6
    Average weight recorded from May: 119.7
    Average weight recorded from June: 119.4
    Average weight recorded from July: 119.8
    Average weight recorded from August: 118.8

Week of...
    September 2: 118.4 scale/ 118.6 trend
    September 9: 119.0 scale/ 118.5 trend
    September 16: 119.6 scale/ 118.6 trend
    September 23: 118.2 scale/ 117.8 trend
    September 30:

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: I'm feeling a little frustrated lately. My weight has been at the very bottom of my range, and has even dropped below range a few times. This weekend my weight dropped down two pounds below my range and even my trend has dropped a bit below range. I was back up 2 pounds this morning, so that was good. But it is so hard to change the mindset from always wanting the weight to be lower and even when I do not want it lower, it still bothers me a little when it is higher. Other than my weight being a little lower than the maintenance range I set for myself, I feel great. I feel like I am eating a lot. My activity level is good and feels comfortable. I feel like my running has improved lately. I think cooler temperatures are helping that. I think I look good. I do have some loose skin that I wish would tighten up, but no one really sees that but me and my husband. I guess I am just venting. Who knew maintaining would be so hard?

It doesn't look like you are finding maintaining your weight hard, not with your trends but I get that mentally its still a struggle - it will improve over time, took me a few years and even being 5 years at goal weight range I sometimes doubt I am 'doing it right'. Its a mental game I suppose.

The 2lbs you are down and then up is a fluctuation, you can keep an eye on that, if it continues to stay down then you know you can increase your cals.
    Great to hear all the positives as well :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Lora2380 wrote: »
    Name:Lora
    Height: 5’5”
    Total weight lost:MFP +\- 40lbs, 45lbs all together
    Time it took to lose: 8 months
    How long in maintenance: new
    Maintenance weight range: 126-132lbs
    Average weight recorded from 2017 (12 months): 175

Average weight recorded from June: 135lbs
    Average weight recorded from July: 132lbs
    Average weight recorded from Aug: 131lbs

Sept 6th- 130lbs
    Sept15- 131lbs
    Sept 27- 128.6lbs

Success- down a bit to give myself a bit of a buffer and felling good in my clothes.

Struggles- Nervous to be adding things back into the diet and eat at maintenance cals after so long being in a deficit. Want to not fill my extra cals with junk food. Late night snacking has been creeping back into my routine and I’d like to curb that. Skin around my middle is pretty loose again and I’m thinking it’s the last 5 lbs I’ve loss and fingers crossed it tightens up over the next few months now that I’m done losing.

Congrats and welcome to maintenance :smile:
    Nothing wrong with adding those extra cals you get in maintenance as a late night snack - go easy on yourself, you have lost weight, got to goal and if you keep an eye on your trending weight range you will be fine at maintaining.

Do you exercise? strength training is fab for tightening up everywhere.
  • Lora2380
    Lora2380 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    After reading so many peoples stories on this thread and others I’ve decided to try weight training and am going to sign up at the local gym today. I’m really nervous and pushing WAY out of my comfort zone to do exercise in public but I’m excited at the same time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    After reading so many peoples stories on this thread and others I’ve decided to try weight training and am going to sign up at the local gym today. I’m really nervous and pushing WAY out of my comfort zone to do exercise in public but I’m excited at the same time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Go for it :smile:
    I am a home gym bunny personally but many that do use gyms have a few PT sessions to begin with to get a feel for the machines/form etc.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,007 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Name: Kathryn
    Height: 5'3.5"
    Total Weight lost: ~76 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2 years 3 months
    How long in maintenance: I called maintenance in July 2016, but I continued to slowly lose until December of 2017. I have been in maintenance for ~ 9 months
    Maintenance weight range: 118 - 122 lbs
    Average weight recorded from 2017: 123.4

Average weight recorded from January: 119.2
    Average weight recorded from February: 119.6
    Average weight recorded from March: 119.6
    Average weight recorded from April: 119.6
    Average weight recorded from May: 119.7
    Average weight recorded from June: 119.4
    Average weight recorded from July: 119.8
    Average weight recorded from August: 118.8

Week of...
    September 2: 118.4 scale/ 118.6 trend
    September 9: 119.0 scale/ 118.5 trend
    September 16: 119.6 scale/ 118.6 trend
    September 23: 118.2 scale/ 117.8 trend
    September 30:

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: I'm feeling a little frustrated lately. My weight has been at the very bottom of my range, and has even dropped below range a few times. This weekend my weight dropped down two pounds below my range and even my trend has dropped a bit below range. I was back up 2 pounds this morning, so that was good. But it is so hard to change the mindset from always wanting the weight to be lower and even when I do not want it lower, it still bothers me a little when it is higher. Other than my weight being a little lower than the maintenance range I set for myself, I feel great. I feel like I am eating a lot. My activity level is good and feels comfortable. I feel like my running has improved lately. I think cooler temperatures are helping that. I think I look good. I do have some loose skin that I wish would tighten up, but no one really sees that but me and my husband. I guess I am just venting. Who knew maintaining would be so hard?

It doesn't look like you are finding maintaining your weight hard, not with your trends but I get that mentally its still a struggle - it will improve over time, took me a few years and even being 5 years at goal weight range I sometimes doubt I am 'doing it right'. Its a mental game I suppose.

The 2lbs you are down and then up is a fluctuation, you can keep an eye on that, if it continues to stay down then you know you can increase your cals.
    Great to hear all the positives as well :smile:

Thanks.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options

I've been thinking about how to approach initial PT consults when your goal is to get enough information out of one or two sessions to be able to follow through on your own. I think it might be helpful to ask the PT what structured program they would recommend for you to follow (anything that starts out at a beginner level), and then show you how to use the equipment that would be relevant to that program.
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Lisa I so unfortunately understand your feelings so well. Sometimes I just want to eat what I want to eat without thinking about calories that I'm consuming. This past week I made a plan wrote everything down I would do or not do NO SNACKING was at the top of the list for each day I crossed off as I accomplished the goal.
    I made it through the week and have enough calories saved to enjoy the wedding I will be attending today.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,473 Member
    Options
    I decided to go out for a bite yesterday evening last minute with a friend. We went out for savoury and sweet crepes, at a basic local place. The usual fare is one of each and 25 cl of hard cider. I pre-tracked it on MFP and saw I'd go over weight-loss guidelines for the day. But I said to myself, it's Saturday evening and it's nice to enjoy things in life. I have worked really hard all through September for a work success, last week, and hardly any social life outside of working. I think that is one change in me. At some points in the past I would have skipped desert, concerned more about weight loss than enjoying the relatively rare meal out. At present, I like to enjoy the good things in life. (I work a lot).

I think this is very healthy. Maintaining weight and fitness requires moderation for sure. It's good for the psyche to moderate that moderation every now and then. Life should be worth living. Live it up!
    then when I got home I still ate a banana and a few crackers, not needed at all. What's that about! That's what annoys me. I think I felt medium about the evening out, which was not incredible but was fine, though I was really tired, and felt a need to compensate. I always seem to feel a need to compensate these days.

Cut yourself some slack. I sometimes go off the rails after a pint or two. It's not dessert for me. I dig into a can of sardines or make popcorn. But it's ok! I'm just sorry you only felt medium about the evening out. The crepes sound really good!
    I'm irked to have trouble with this! I've had many years maintaining more or less, relatively naturally.
    I'm trying to maintain perspective though. There are worse fates in life. Wish me luck, awareness, and courage!

Let it go. You are far from alone with this struggle. It's just a little spur off of the trail you're walking. You'll still get where you're going, and it's good to stop and enjoy the path. Smell the roses as they say. Or look at the colors of the leaves. Or have some crepes! Good luck, keep aware, and be brave!