JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    Ahhh... The quiet of the night, the aroma of the scented candles.
    Soft jazz music playing in the background.. Pillows fluffed and I in the
    center of my bed, am settling in and hoping for restful sleep tonight.
    Today was today. I won't dwell on it because I'm already in making tomorrow
    better mode. The day will be what I Allow it to be and I accept full responsibility
    for it's outcome. I'm proud of myself for the NO's that I said on today
    and plan to get better at doing what's best for me.
    Good Night My Sisters and thank you for being in my life.😇🙏💝😴

That sounds like a peaceful end to the day. It’s so hard saying no to people sometimes isn’t it? I am a natural people pleaser. I get the struggle all too well.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Morning all. Yesterday was a total bust as I woke up with the start of a cold. Managed a morning workout but not a lot more.

This morning I’m feeling a bit better. Have just hung up one load of laundry and have the next in the washing machine. I’ve tidied all the bedrooms and so we are nearly ready for a new week and I will pick up a few groceries later today before the girls get home.

Emotionally I’m still not in the best of places to be honest. Very worried still about my sister and the burden on my mother, who is helping so much. I’m annoyed that the cold I have - although mild - means I couldn’t go and help this weekend. I cannot risk spreading any infection to sis or her daughter who has a very compromised immune system as part of her condition.

I’m also really starting to question my relationship with the bf. There are so many good things about him but he’s just not consistent. When all is going well for him he is present and available and supportive and we have fun together. But when busy with work or having any problems he just disappears. It’s our 3 year anniversary this weekend and I’ve barely heard from him. Lots on my mind..,

Saturday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Wash girls’ hair and pack for night with ex ✅
    - Meet friend for coffee at 10 ✅
    - Hot yoga at noon? ❎ coffee ran over
    - ?? Maybe do some work ❎ just rested

Sunday goals
    - morning workout
    - Finish laundry
    - Groceries
    - Yoga if cold doesn’t worsen
    - check girls have done homework on their return
    - Pack schoolbags
    - Draft email re school partnership
    - Early night

Have a lovely Sunday everyone x

I hope your cold goes away fast! It’s hard to avoid your sister when she needs you I’m sure.
    That’s a tough situation with the bf, but it sounds like he’s not there when you need him most.
    Hope you have a happy Sunday despite all your worries.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Liv2S wrote: »
    After a a very tough year I realised that I had out on all of the weight that I had lost the previous year! This revelation brought with it disappointment and regret. I need to remember to look after myself, when putting so much of myself into the care of others. Today I woke up feeling rubbish, full of cold and absolutely 0 energy...but I stumbled across this group and thought that it time I became accountable for the change that I want for myself.
    So...just for today...I am going to rest, stay within my calorie goal and do the bare minimum of house work.

Monday...I will push through with work...eat well, staying within my calorie goal and I will attend my hot yoga class...even if I just manage to stay in the room.

I will not wait for another year to begin. I am starting now.

Looking for motivation and self-care.

Liv.

Welcome!!! This group has helped me tremendously. I too had lost weight and then after a rough couple years gained it and more back. It took me a lot longer to get to taking care of me again. Good for you for starting sooner!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    sarah74_vt wrote: »
    JFY- Saturday 9/29/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :) (even though I didn't want to...not good today)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories :/ (ouch, no)
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/ (Chinese food, definitely no...lol)
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke :/ (This one's tough, I'm really going to try with this this week.)
    5) Work on orders from my shop :)

JFT- Sunday 9/30/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke
    5) Work on orders from my shop

Back to the gym tomorrow!!!!

I need to get back to the gym too.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

JFT - Saturday September 29
    2L of water 😈
    Calories in Green by 150 - 😕 in Green by 11
    Outside for 15 minutes - 🙂 yes and it was hovering at 0 or below with a wind all day!
    Exercise for 30 minutes - 😕 no but I moved 2.5 Kim’s according to my phone.
    5 fruits and veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening snack - 🙂
    Write in Journal 😕 too tired

JFT- Sunday sept 30
    2l of water
    Calories in Maintenance
    Outside 15 minutes
    Exercise for 30 minutes
    5 fruits and veggies
    Only 1 evening snack
    Write in Journal

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5
    Sept 6 - 4/5
    Sept 7 - 0/5
    Sept 8 - 1/5
    Sept 9 - 2/5
    Sept 10 - 2/5
    Sept 11 - 3/5
    Sept 12 - 2/5
    Sept 13 - 6/5
    Sept 14 - 3/5
    Sept 15 - 1/5
    Sept 16 - 1/5
    Sept 17 - 2/5
    Sept 18 - 4/5
    Sept 19 - 4/5
    Sept 20 - 1/5
    Sept 21 - 1/5
    Sept 22 - 4/5
    Sept 23 - 5/5
    Sept 24 - 3/5
    Sept 25 - 3/5
    Sept 26 - 5/5
    Sept 27 - 1/5
    Sept 28 - 3/5
    Sept 28 - 3/5

Had a good day yesterday and enjoyed the day with the wife. She has successfully kept off around 100 pounds for over 15 years now. She eats fruits and veggies mostly during the day and has a big meal at supper. She said she’s never been able to give up pop, chips and ice cream so that is her evening treat most nights just much smaller portions than she used to have. She rarely eats bread and exercises for 30 minutes 5 days a week. She has never counted a calorie! I don’t know how she did it without doing that.
    I took my measurements this morning as it’s easier than tomorrow for me, I only lost 1 inch overall this month. I know it’s from lack of exercise. I really need to buckle down on this. I only have 4 months before I have to buy my dress for the wedding.
    I am hoping to get some sanding done today and then I can start some painting this week. I have an order for 6 snowmen faces already!
    I’m also going to change some curtains around today I think.
    Happy Sunday everyone!!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Sat
    1. Water :D
    2. Water pick :s
    3. Returns/recycling :)
    4. p/u milk for hubby :)
    5. Drop off at thrift store :)
    6. Studio time :) working on the new baby quilt!
    7. Brush and floss :)
    8. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Sun
    1. Water
    2. Water pic
    3. Work
    4. Brush and floss
    5. Bed by 10:30
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Pack lunch/dinner. Brush teeth. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Put more laundry away.
    2. At park, steps to 10k by 2:30; 22k by end of shift.
    3. Park treat - Ice cream! Send D for groceries.
    4. Grade 4th character analysis and extended scene. Write blog post.
    5. Review Weeks 10-11. Add "Powerlessness" reflection to Monday plans. Add character analysis conferences to Monday plans.
    6. Snack: Halo Top - ONE SERVING. Add "pack shoes" to Monday's JFT.
    7. Review 'ongoing' notes for ideas. Look for Malala lesson/unit ideas.
    8. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Sunday
    1. Feed cats. AM park run - 4 miles. Brush teeth. Morning meds. Tea!
    2. Prep and pack lunch for park AND Monday. Review weeks 10-11. Update Week 4.
    3. Park; steps to 22k. Treat?
    4. Grade Character Analysis Essays. Finalize Week 10.
    5. Write blog post.
    6. Check on courses. Find blog posts to comment on next week.
    7. Add pack shoes to Monday JFT. Add upload music to Monday JFT. Add "Powerlessness" reflection to Monday plans. Add character analysis conferences to Monday plans.
    8. Soak in tub. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    Today: 186.4

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @
    JFT Sat
    1. Water :D
    2. Water pick :s
    3. Returns/recycling :)
    4. p/u milk for hubby :)
    5. Drop off at thrift store :)
    6. Studio time :) working on the new baby quilt!
    7. Brush and floss :)
    8. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Sun
    1. Water
    2. Water pic
    3. Work
    4. Brush and floss
    5. Bed by 10:30

@bctrai - new baby? Is that a new grandchild?
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 yup, my oldest is due Dec 1 with her third.
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    @Samaahir Welcome and enjoy the group. We're incredibly active and supportive bunch. I'm not able to jump on here as much as I'd like but at least as much as I'm able.
  • Samaahir
    Samaahir Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @Samaahir Welcome and enjoy the group. We're incredibly active and supportive bunch. I'm not able to jump on here as much as I'd like but at least as much as I'm able.

Hii! Thank you very much for welcoming me! I am sure that I am going to enjoy being in this group with you!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    So the birthday barbecue was a BLAST. I haven't bothered to log this weekend because it's my birthday and all. But everyone that I invited came. It was really cool. Made me feel super super loved! A bunch of friends from Matt's job came and helped to cheer him up. Idk if I mentioned it before but a close family friend of his was murdered in Mexico a few weeks ago. We just heard about it on Wednesday. He's been a wreck and it put a damper on my vacation. He's doing a lot better now. A group of his friends, yummy food and church this morning was what he needed. He also kept a promise he made to me and saw his family yesterday. Granted it was for a terrible reason but it was a visit nonetheless. I'm taking it as a win. Lol. I got a couple cards and presents and things that I was totally not expecting. It's great to have such awesome friends.

Okay!

Welcome to all of our new members! We love you and hope you stay awhile!

I need to set some goals for the day.... And Panda just climbed into my lap so it looks like it be awhile before I actually start them 🤣

1. Log all food. Be accountable.
    2. Step on the scale.
    3. Finish and fold laundry
    4. Do all the dishes!!
    5. Figure out dinner
    6. Bedtime routine @ 945
    7. Light off @ 1030
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 Happy Birthday!! Glad you had a great day and felt loved and that Matt had something happier to focus on.

Thank you @toaljasa and @snowflake1968 for the sympathy. I’m not making any drastic decisions right now re my boyfriend but things certainly can’t continue like this indefinitely.

Am checking in early as the girls will be home soon and it will get hectic. All good so far, despite the cold. Lots of exercise, lots of housework and even some schoolwork ticked off. Sniffling away with the cold but hanging in!

Will check back later or tonight. Welcome to all the new joiners! You’ve chosen a fab group to join x
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Howdy! I'm such a slacker lately! Not here at home, but getting caught up on here! It's been a busy week.

I tried to post yesterday. I had a big post typed out and then my computer kept typing "0"s. Like I couldn't stop it! The key wasn't pressed and no matter where I put my cursor, it just continued typing zeroes! It was crazy AND frustrating as hell. Rebooted twice and it kept happening so I gave up and quit trying. :angry:

Hopefully I will get through this one without it happening!

So, Thursday, I went and adopted a rescue dog from the Humane Society. She is about 40 lbs, and looks a lot like a little Australian Cattle Dog (blue heeler). Because she was abandoned while pregnant in Texas, I have no idea what breed she actually is but she looks to be about 2 years old and is a little sweetie pie. She was in a high kill shelter in Texas and a rescue here in Wisconsin brought her up, put her in a foster home to have her puppies, found homes for them and then put her up for adoption. I am in love. She is calm, listens really well, is housetrained, loves the grandkids, has not barked/whined/growled even one time and is so quiet that we are wondering if she even has a voicebox! I have been taking her for walks around the block a few times a day to get some exercise in for myself, my hip and for her and have hit 8,000 to 10,000 steps for 3 days now. I don't know that I EVER hit 10,000 steps in the past 7 years since my hip has hurt. So this is wonderful. I am really enjoying our quiet little walks together and I cannot WAIT until we can both walk further. Right now, she is healing from being spayed so can't go too far and I'm healing also. But look out world...Tracie and Maddie are coming! :smile:

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm watching the Packer game right now, and plan to have a quiet afternoon catching up on here. I only have to go back to page 414....hahaha!

Just for Sunday:
    1. Journal every bite
    2. 64 oz of water
    3. Walk around the block x2
    4. PT exercises / leg lifts and balancing
    5. Laundry
    6. Tenderloin kabobs for dinner / wash and cut veggies
    7. Finish top of Bex's quilt - Have to take stairs carefully but I can and will do this today!
    8. Read Chapter 1 of Mark Hyman's food book and Chapter 1 of book Joe gave us.
    9. Start new James Patterson book tonight.
    10. Gratitude Journal / Simple Abundance daily reading / Dodie Osteen book daily reading / unplug & sleeping by 10:30 / up with Maddie early

Tiny Habits:
    1. After I get up in the morning, I will dress in sweatpants and a sweatshirt.
    2. After I put on my sweats, I will take Maddie for a walk.
    3. After I take Maddie for a walk, I will take a shower.

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    👋 Hi Sisters. I want to get to know each of you better. Would you mind answering this question for me?
    *I'm my best me when_______?

Hi Mary! Just catching up so better late than never, right?

I’m my best me when: I am well rested and have had my morning coffee! It’s best not to try talking to me until I’ve got a cup of coffee in my hand! Lol!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 yup, my oldest is due Dec 1 with her third.

Congratulations
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Didn't really achieve my goals yesterday. You know when you're so busy and you've got so much going on you can't even think about goals?
    Well that's fair enough but it's going to get me nowhere. I want a set of foundation goals that I achieve daily but more importantly goals that become second nature, I don't want to have to think about them, I want them to be as mindless as me brushing my teeth in the morning.

So my base goals (to start with) are going to be water and accurate logging.

I think this is really insightful, Bex! If all we did is these two goals, but did them consistently, I think the rest would come easier eventually.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Greetings, MFP friends, and folks who have joined since I've been away. Goodness! This is a happenin' place! I love it!

I'm not going to try and catch up---
    @PackerFanInGB were you supposed to have surgery?
    @mytime6630 Is there a challenge for the month?

I haven't logged my food for a month or more. Started back today. I was at 152 July 1 and today weighed 153 so I haven't lost any. It's time to kick it back into gear.

Peace and Joy!

Just For Today:
    Log my food
    Work on Faith in Action Bible Study
    Drink 6 cups water
    Weight train and aerobics
    Take every bite captive
    Be intentionally grateful!
    0a5nnhbpynfs.png

Welcome back, @toaljasa !!!! Missed you! Fantastic job on maintaining! 😊

I did have surgery. Hip repair. Recovering well. What a great memory you have!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Question for you all,

What is your body shape?

I'm a pear x

I am an apple. Maybe a borderline pumpkin. 🎃 🍎.