I need a hug (and a stepladder)

Options

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Is this an inappropriate time to mention the "Short People" song from the mid-seventies?

Once we cross this line....there is no going back.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    Is this an inappropriate time to mention the "Short People" song from the mid-seventies?

Once we cross this line....there is no going back.

I know I'm going to regret this....what is this 'Short People' song you all speak of? (Born in '79 :tongue: )
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    *hug* I'm afraid I can't help with the stepladder though!

For a kitchen ladder.

https://www.amazon.ca/Rubbermaid-RM-2W-Folding-200-Pound-Capacity/dp/B003EYVF76/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538125440&sr=8-1&keywords=kitchen+ladder

Not given her no hugs. She's mean to me

:)

That's ok. I hug you all the time anyway :tongue: Unless I'm wooing you.

Well, stop it. We're both married......

I hug you guys all the time, the world is not ready to understand our love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    '78 here, but I think every tall person knows this song ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH3szOIV9jQ
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I'm 5'8" and my wife is 5'8.5"

It's my mother's fault I'm not 6'. My dad comes from a family of giants (I have a 3rd cousin who's 6'11") even though he's the shorty of the family at 5'11". Mom, however, she's 4'10". Her mom...4'6".

It could have been worse! :lol: At least you wound up closer to his height than her's.

True!!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I'm 5'8" and my wife is 5'8.5"

It's my mother's fault I'm not 6'. My dad comes from a family of giants (I have a 3rd cousin who's 6'11") even though he's the shorty of the family at 5'11". Mom, however, she's 4'10". Her mom...4'6".

I'm 5'9", and hubby claims 5'7" like @pinuplove claims 5'3".

lol fist bump to him.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    *hug* I'm afraid I can't help with the stepladder though!

For a kitchen ladder.

https://www.amazon.ca/Rubbermaid-RM-2W-Folding-200-Pound-Capacity/dp/B003EYVF76/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538125440&sr=8-1&keywords=kitchen+ladder

Not given her no hugs. She's mean to me

:)

That's ok. I hug you all the time anyway :tongue: Unless I'm wooing you.

Well, stop it. We're both married......

I hug you guys all the time, the world is not ready to understand our love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

K.

I'm creeped out
    :frowning:

(I loved that show except for the last season)
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I have my physical Tuesday - I’m going to have them measure me. Maybe I’m not 5’5” any more since I turned 60? That would suck!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,187 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    An alternative to doing the shelf climb is to find something that can be used to knock the item down to catch. (probably not good for @pinuplove since she's clumsy and would likely give herself a concussion)

And climbing up the shelf would not result in an accident given her predisposition?

True. We should probably just bubble wrap her. :laugh:

No lie, I think I broke my foot falling down the 3 stairs to the garage last year :disappointed: Nothing there, didn't trip, just...fell. It was swollen and all kinds of pretty colors for weeks.

I regularly sprained my ankles as a child. As an adult, I've tripped over my own feet and invisible lines more often than I care to admit. I'm a little worried for my elder years.

Maybe it's good not to be very tall: Lower center of gravity, less far to fall.

My 6' rowing double partner has flipped more single shells by far than I have: Pair a high center of gravity with a tendency to tense up when something untoward happens, and you swim lots more often when rowing. She also falls more, and further.

Full disclosure: I'm 5'5" at last measuring a few years back, down from 5'6" in youth. Not sure I want to know current. 5'5-6" seems medium-ish, something this thread is making me feel good about.

Hugs - per the OP request - Pinuplove!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Every time I get measured they give me a different number 5’6” to 5’7”.
    Shorter people are not persecuted lol!🤪
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Meh, I am 5 feet. I used to hate being short because kids teased me when I was younger. Now I accept and embrace it.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2.2 ( up from 5ft 1.8 go me)
    I found it helps to date short guys (5ft 3-4) then I feel perfectly normal

My ex was 6ft 4 and thought it was funny to put me over his shoulder 🙄
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    An alternative to doing the shelf climb is to find something that can be used to knock the item down to catch. (probably not good for @pinuplove since she's clumsy and would likely give herself a concussion)

And climbing up the shelf would not result in an accident given her predisposition?

No lie, I think I broke my foot falling down the 3 stairs to the garage last year :disappointed: Nothing there, didn't trip, just...fell. It was swollen and all kinds of pretty colors for weeks.

I regularly sprained my ankles as a child. As an adult, I've tripped over my own feet and invisible lines more often than I care to admit. I'm a little worried for my elder years.

my best friend:
    3i2l1172p780.png

Used daily for 10-15 minutes with various balance exercises. Seriously strengthened the muscles around my ankles.

No more spraining (or unwanted stumbling and falling over imaginary blocks) since I started in 2014 :tongue:

ETA: clarity :wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

my best friend:
    3i2l1172p780.png

Used daily for 10-15 minutes with various balance exercises. Seriously strengthened the muscles around my ankles.

No more spraining (or unwanted stumbling and falling over imaginary blocks) since I started in 2014 :tongue:

What the heck is that thing? It could be a whoopie cushion or a foot massager or a pan scrubber...

...I'm going with the assumption it's some type of balancing tool.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

my best friend:
    3i2l1172p780.png

What the heck is that thing? It could be a whoopie cushion or a foot massager or a pan scrubber...

...I'm going with the assumption it's some type of balancing tool.

Right? :laugh: We need context @ladyreva78 I can't tell if this is 3 inches across or 3 feet.

Looks like something you'd sit on to encourage yourself to *not* sit:
    https://youtu.be/MT2VVT8tht8