Another why can't I lose weight thread

Options

Replies

• GlynIrish
    GlynIrish Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    bagels; rice; farro; shredded wheat cereal; chicken, greek yogurt, protein shakes - it depends on what i'm feeling on a given day and if i've taken the time to do good meal prep or if i'm flying by the seat of my pants - i've had more microwave dinners recently (healthy choice, evol) because my work hours and then class at night plus marathon training have been kicking my *kitten*

Well done on the marathon training

You must eat these in high amounts to build up those calories
    I eat breakfast a snack few hours later dinner and a snack again at night
    I can't see how I can factor in more food
    I eat healthy no chocolate fried food or takeaway I'm at a bit of a loss with it all at this point

Not necessarily more food, just more calories: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1

Good article that I must give a proper read later thanks for that
  • showjack70
    showjack70 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Everyone will ask about food intake... My first questions for this type of situation are:
    1. How is your sleep?
    2. How are your stress levels?
  • GlynIrish
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Bro... 1600 cals. I am 6'3" active... lost 220 lbs... I am at relative maintenance at 3200-3300 cals. 350c 250p 100f

Man that's crazy I just don't know how to get in those calories bud

You don't know how to get the calories in but in the post just above this you said: "I eat no chocolate, fried food, or takeaway".

I'm not saying that these things need to make up the majority of your diet, but in an otherwise nutrient dense, balanced, CALORIE APPROPRIATE diet, there's nothing wrong with those foods in moderation.

I'm a 5'2 female who lost all my weight eating b/w 1600-1900 cals and am currently maintaining with a TDEE of 2200. You really going to tell me you can't eat more?

Totally agree nothing wrong with some chocolate etc in moderation

What I wanted to ask people is should I be eating more I just don't eat fried food etc very rare occasion my diet is mostly eggs meat and dairy can someone give me an idea of there typical day ehat they eat

Its help I'm after if people want to give it

Yes I agree I need to look at my diet better but I'm asking for an idea of what to eat daily I don't want to gain the weight back again
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i gave you several recommendations of what i eat on a daily basis (very little of which was counter to your restrictions) and your response was - you don't see how you could eat anymore and yet you are significantly undereating for your height/weight/daily activity level
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Bro... 1600 cals. I am 6'3" active... lost 220 lbs... I am at relative maintenance at 3200-3300 cals. 350c 250p 100f

It's not hard. My diet is much like diana's. Don't be afraid of some pizza or ice cream occassionally. Just work it inside macros/ calories.
  • GlynIrish
    Options

You don't know how to get the calories in but in the post just above this you said: "I eat no chocolate, fried food, or takeaway".

I'm not saying that these things need to make up the majority of your diet, but in an otherwise nutrient dense, balanced, CALORIE APPROPRIATE diet, there's nothing wrong with those foods in moderation.

I'm a 5'2 female who lost all my weight eating b/w 1600-1900 cals and am currently maintaining with a TDEE of 2200. You really going to tell me you can't eat more?

Totally agree nothing wrong with some chocolate etc in moderation

What I wanted to ask people is should I be eating more I just don't eat fried food etc very rare occasion my diet is mostly eggs meat and dairy can someone give me an idea of there typical day ehat they eat

Its help I'm after if people want to give it

Yes I agree I need to look at my diet better but I'm asking for an idea of what to eat daily I don't want to gain the weight back again

That’s the thing. You can literally eat anything you want to help achieve your goals. Standard advice:

1. Enter current stats, activity level, goal weight as well as rate of loss in MFP.
    2. MFP will provide a calorie target with deduct built in. This is a NET goal, meaning exercise is not factored in and if you do exercise you should log and eat back a portion of those cals.
    3. Eat a variety of foods within that calorie target focusing on those which provide nutrition, satiety and enjoyment but really, nothing’s off limit in moderation.
    4. Log everything as accurately and honestly as possible ideally using a food scale.
    5. Be patient.

Thank you for your help