slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited October 2018
    I’d like to be gone

From work?
    like from the stress that's going on

I hope the stress eases :*
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    I can't wait for work to be over today...it is way too nice outside to be stuck in here!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Doctor's visit, in less than two hours.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    People say that they are totally themselves online but most have a separate account on social media for just their online friends

it's a fine line to walk- you wanna be genuine with all your friends yeah sure. but then you also end up attracting crazy or jealous people sometimes who will literally comb through your IRL friends and try to hurt them too.

me personally, i don't have a lot to lose sure, but some IRL people i know, maybe they do, and I wouldn't want my friendship to be a liability to them in any way, just because of some random creep online.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    People say that they are totally themselves online but most have a separate account on social media for just their online friends

online is online... IRL is IRL. Never the two shall meet.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    iMago wrote: »

it's a fine line to walk- you wanna be genuine with all your friends yeah sure. but then you also end up attracting crazy or jealous people sometimes who will literally comb through your IRL friends and try to hurt them too.

me personally, i don't have a lot to lose sure, but some IRL people i know, maybe they do, and I wouldn't want my friendship to be a liability to them in any way, just because of some random creep online.

I've had the first scenario happen here, not once but twice. There be some crazies out there and one of them still posts among you all....
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member

I've had the first scenario happen here, not once but twice. There be some crazies out there and one of them still posts among you all....

it happened to me once a few years ago. i got a publicly searchable job and someone i got close to ended up emailing my boss. it didn't hurt me too much in the end, but it was one of the most humiliating things i've ever been through at least.

just this last year, i made the mistake of having my IRL and online friends both on my IG account and ended up having to burn it down and start it over, just because one of my IRL friends, she was one of these people that i think had a lot to lose because of our "friendship", and i didn't want to risk that after an online friendship turned bad.

so yeah, nowadays, i'm a firm believer in one account for IRL and another for online friends exclusively.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member

it happened to me once a few years ago. i got a publicly searchable job and someone i got close to ended up emailing my boss. it didn't hurt me too much in the end, but it was one of the most humiliating things i've ever been through at least.

just this last year, i made the mistake of having my IRL and online friends both on my IG account and ended up having to burn it down and start it over, just because one of my IRL friends, she was one of these people that i think had a lot to lose because of our "friendship", and i didn't want to risk that after an online friendship turned bad.

so yeah, nowadays, i'm a firm believer in one account for IRL and another for online friends exclusively.

Yikes. Y'all are scaring me
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    60p6206ik15r.jpeg

This took me too long to interpret. It's been awhile.