Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Me: 4
    LNS:0

Streak: 4
  • Mamacat808
    Mamacat808 Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2018
    Me 1 LNS 0 so far.
    Hi! Count me in! I just started my journey (again) yesterday. Late night snacking has given me 50 lbs in 3 years, 14 of which piled on in the last 3 months! :’(
    I don’t know why, because I was always 120 lbs. I never used to crave food after 7 pm but now? I crave sweets all night so bad that it’s almost impossible for me to resist. Sugar is the worst “drug” and it’s pure poison for the body. I see the damage it’s doing to me and yet I still struggle with it. Ugh! Hormones and getting older sucks! Lol. I hope this challenge helps me kick sugar at night! :)
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    LNS: 0
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    @RespectTheKitty Obviously you are not saying your behaviour is UNcontrollable?? Because you talk about having NO control over waking, BUT control over what you do when you awaken.

@hunango going to bed "stuffed" is not conducive to a restful night's sleep let alone helpful for weight loss, so likely not a healthy alternative to eating in the middle of the night.

My former SIL used to awaken around 3:00 a.m. & cook meat, potatoes etc every night. SO you're not alone in this behavior.

It sounds to me like you've developed a habit & your body has adjusted to being fed in the middle of the night so, of course, it will be difficult to break...the only thing I would suggest is to force yourself to do something else besides eat....OR have a banana. Bananas are a natural sleep aid.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your issue. You've said you've tried "everything" to break the habit. What exactly do you mean?? I'm curious how long this has been an issue for you & was it triggered by anything? Just curious... :/

BTW I'm commenting on the first page here, I haven't read the next 3 pages of comments so hopefully I'm not repeating someone else's thoughts.

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,626 Member
    623026itfgg0lgjj.gif

As of 10/5
    Me: 5*
    Streak: 5

Goal - No eating after 7:00pm
    Start Date: 9/25
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    LNS: 1*

I was enjoying time tonight in the new city I am moving to in a couple weeks. Just wanted to take in everything without the complexity of MFP.

Had a nice dinner at a little allergen friendly place I’ve been wanting to try, dessert was handmade Nutella and banana ice cream.... wrapped up the walk back to my car with a Fall oat milk and maple latte.

All new foods. All very good. Probably put me well over the calories I should have consumed for today, but I don’t care. I’ve been in maintenance for 2 years now - I deserve a day off now and then! Even if it also means my LNS streak suffers, too.

Back at it tomorrow!
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Me 34
    LNS 0
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,005 Member
    Me: 5
  • GlennEust
    GlennEust Posts: 8 Member
    This challenge is perfect for me. I’m a night chocoholic and I graze on 200g each night. Recently I’ve stopped but this has meant sleepless nights. Then binging when I let my guard down at the supermarket, buying biscuits as well as chocolate. So this month I’ll check in how I’m going.
    Me 2
    LNS 4
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    I ate a packet of naan (1000 cal, more or less) last night for dinner, and I know why.

I can go back 100 years of family history and not find a single woman in my family who hasn't been raped or viciously sexually assaulted, many of us more than once. (Me included, alas.) I'm American, so apparently it doesn't matter.

I know eating shouldn't provide any comfort, and it doesn't, really. I just don't know what else to do.

I think I will try distracting myself with Japanese homework, and perfecting my tornado kicks. (I can kick someone over six feet tall in the head repeatedly. That's what tornado kicks are. :dizzy:
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    Day five:
    Me: 4*
    LNS:1
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    @lorrainequiche59 Thank you for your comments and suggestions! The banana idea sounds good. I also toyed with the idea of just having a cup of herbal tea when I wake up, but then I worry it'll wake me up later having to pee.

Last night I didn't eat. I was really exhausted and went to bed early and really didn't wake up at all in the night. So... what was different? Not sure... have to think about that.

I'm seeing my doctor today and I will be discussing this with her. The problem got really bad after going on one specific medication. Maybe we can adjust the dose or try a different medication altogether.

Me: 2
    LNS: 3
  • rainykatie
    rainykatie Posts: 91 Member
    Me: 2*
    LNS: 3

Streak: 2 days

Watch out late night snacking! I'm right behind you!!
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,079 Member
    ME 5
    LNS 0
    THANKS FOR SHARING...amazing to read so much power and determination.....encouraging when you know you are not alone with struggles
    Also great to hear that there is also tomorrow if and when things don’t go as planned.....
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Me: 5

Streak: 5 days
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Starting tomorrow!
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    LNS: 2*

Rare for me. Two LNS in a row. Just some grapes and a Hershey’s kiss. But still counts as LNS...
  • Heidijens123
    Me 35
    LNS 0
  • Heidijens123
    Me 35
    LNS 0
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,837 Member
    sofchak wrote: »
    LNS: 1*

I was enjoying time tonight in the new city I am moving to in a couple weeks. Just wanted to take in everything without the complexity of MFP.

Had a nice dinner at a little allergen friendly place I’ve been wanting to try, dessert was handmade Nutella and banana ice cream.... wrapped up the walk back to my car with a Fall oat milk and maple latte.

All new foods. All very good. Probably put me well over the calories I should have consumed for today, but I don’t care. I’ve been in maintenance for 2 years now - I deserve a day off now and then! Even if it also means my LNS streak suffers, too.

Back at it tomorrow!

Treating ourselves to special foods is one way to celebrate peak moments in our lives. I hope none of us ever forego the opportunity so we can mark "0" on LNS. Good show Sofchak!