Lose weight = looking older??

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    lililomo2 wrote: »
    even with a 20 lbs weight loss i KNOW i look older. and it doesn't matter to me anyway because i AM old! :D
    my friends who smoke *ugh* look way older than me tho...

ps if that's you in your profile pic, you don't look old at all!
  • lililomo2
    lililomo2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    lililomo2 wrote: »
    even with a 20 lbs weight loss i KNOW i look older. and it doesn't matter to me anyway because i AM old! :D
    my friends who smoke *ugh* look way older than me tho...

ps if that's you in your profile pic, you don't look old at all!

you are far too kind :) but thank you!
  • ohcobblers
    ohcobblers Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I dropped from size 18 to size 12 and at 45 I do think I looked older than before I lost the weight by quite a lot. Going for it again and now that I'm 50 I'm sure it will be true again. That's ok.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I think it's probably different for each individual. I know that I've looked through lots of before/after photos on the success section of the forum, and most I think look younger in their after photos.

However I can see how losing weight could also make someone look older as well. Having a rounder face could lead to a younger look. It probably depends how much fat is carried in your neck/face as well.

I've only ever been slightly overweight and all my excess fat is carried in my lower half, so losing or gaining weight has never affected my appearance in that way.
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much weight you lose and your age. The older we get the elasticity of the skin lessons so if you lose a great deal of weight in a relatively short time, skin will sag more making people look older. I like the earlier comment from the guy who said, "i choose function over form."