OPERATION: Skinny B*tch 2: Any takers?

Options

Replies

• heathermkc
    Options
    Hi! I would love to join.

I'm a college student struggling with the usual woes of college eating (and DRINKING). I have lost and gained the same 10 pounds (losing it during the summer, gaining it over the year) during university. This time around, Im trying to drop 15+ and make it a permanent change.

SW: 145
    GW: 120
    CW: 140.8

Im trying to eat 1200 a day and burn 300 -- sometimes eating the exercise calories, sometimes not. Im also trying to increase my protein intake.

These challenges really motivate me! Excited to start. Thanks!
  • TheShelterCat
    Options
    I'm in!
  • roxyjo1
    roxyjo1 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm Adrianne,31 y.o, 5'2" 124lbs. I'm trying to lose & few pounds & tone up for my wedding Oct.8. I've struggled with weight/body image issues since high school. I've done many diets over the years & also battled eating disorders. I love challenging myself & the way I feel after a good workout.
    My measurements are:
    thigh 21" (at thickest part)
    neck 12.5"
    bicep 11.25"
    waist 28"
    hips 37"
    chest 38"
  • Onetwo_bre
    Onetwo_bre Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/nutrition/Make-Weight.html

I found this article... pretty interesting insight into choosing a goal weight... rather than just a number that sounds good!

According to this, my "ideal performance weight" 120.6 lbs. Now, If I take into consideration that I am above 10 percentage points above my ideal body fat %... my ideal performance weight is 135.4lbs. Either I would be happy with! Or.. I'll work on getting to 135.4 first and then work my way down to 120.6 :smile:

Just did this, and my goal weight is my ideal race weight, so that makes me happy :)

Thanks for posting this! I can't wait until friday so we can get this party started!
  • mtkautz
    mtkautz Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You all have me PUMPED!!! I cannot wait until Friday to get this party started!!!

It's nice to see so many people in the health care field as well, Around here it's a rarity to see a nurse in good physical health. Some of the younger ones tend to be, although sometimes that isn't even the case any more.

What's everyone's opinion on the length of the challenge? 4,6,8 weeks? longer? Ongoing?

Now, I want you all to think of THE BEST reward you could possibly think of to give yourself when you meet your goal. And plant it in your head, that is what you are working for, striving for, sweating for, and damn... it is going to feel good when you get it!!!
  • jesstroxel
    jesstroxel Posts: 120
    Options
    Hi Im Jess. I am a SAHM of 5, Elizabeth 8, Kenyan 6, Zachary 4, Landen 3, and Ryan 10 months. I am a military wife, so my husband is gone a lot so its just me and the kiddos most of the time. I have always struggled with my weight, I got down to 125 and then got pregnant with my 1st and its been going up since. My highest weight was 220, that was in October after I got out of the hospital with my last child. I am down to 180 and have been bouncing back and forth between 180-185 since January. I need to put more time and effort in putting my health first, but I always fall back in putting everyone before myself. I did my first 5K this past June, I just walked it. In September I will be doing a walking half marathon. My goal weight is between 125-135, where ever I feel comfortable.
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    I'm not too worried about how long the challenge runs, I'd rather it was longer than 4 weeks tho, as i'm on holiday for two of them lol! 10 weeks takes us to 28th oct, so just before halloween!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I have been looking forward to Friday, ALL WEEK!!!!

Anyone that hasn't already.. ADD me :D I would love to see your diaries, and we can motivated eachother!!!

Operation Skinny B*tch in T minus 24 hours!!!! Let's get it b*tches!!!!
  • Katebms
    Katebms Posts: 10
    Options
    Yep! I've got a wedding to go to in 9 weeks so that would be perfect!!!
  • Delyla07
    Delyla07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like the ideal of finishing the challenge just before Halloween, so 8 or 10 weeks works for me. I've never done a challenge before so I don't know if there is an ideal length.

I can't wait for friday!!! I'm actually so excited to weigh in and start this!!
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i want to join!
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    I think 8 weeks would be perfect. Then we can do it all over again! I am going to measure myself tomorrow for the first time and will post it along with my weight! I can't wait I'm so excited for this!!
  • erh20000plus
    erh20000plus Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.

I am 36 years old, mother to a 15 yo boy & 13 yo girl. I have struggled with my weight since having my children. I got divorced in 2000 and went from a size 22 to a size 14 in less than two months due to depression. I have remarried and regained all of it back and more. Last year, I was diagnosised with Inflammatory Breast Cancer and spent the year going through chemotherapy, surgery, and radiation. I was not allowed to diet and was unable to exercise during all that. This year started with physical therapy and, unfortunately, the arrival of Lymphadema caused by surgery and radiation. I was finally released from physical therapy early August and have been working towards a healthier me.

HW: 264
    MFP CW: 255
    Goal 1: Walk 5K at the Race for the Cure Sept 10th
    Goal 2: 245 by Sept 15 (Start of Vacation)
    Goal 3: 240 by Sept 30 ie not to gain during vacation
    Goal 4: 230 by Halloween
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm GlitterMouse. I'm an ESL / EFL teacher living in South Korea. I'm working on my master's degree (in education).

My starting weight is 278 pounds. I've lost about 15 pounds, but I've been up and down so much, not sure exactly where I am any more. Goal weight is 180 pounds. I'm 27 years old and 5 foot 6.

I've always been overweight. I've been okay with that until now. I've always been able to achieve everything I set out to do. But that's always been academics and/or career related things.

Now I've set my sites on physical goals:
    ~I want to do the Mt. Everest base camp trek
    ~I want to do the Annapurna circuit trek
    ~ I want to hike the PCT (a 2,663 mile trail from Mexico to Canda)
    (~I thought I'd like to be selected as a Jet Beauty of the Week at some point, but I'm pretty sure school districts would be less than supportive of that . . .)
    ~Take up running (I used to do 5Ks when I was younger). I'd like to do some races again. My dream would be to do a half marathon. (Or, dare I say it, a marathon?!)
    ~The list goes on and on . . .

Long story short (too late, huh?) If I'm going to do these things I need to be in better shape! :D
    (Oh, and since I only see my family and boyfriend once a year, I'd love to step off the plane at Christmastime looking HOT)

So, that's my story and I'm stickin' with it.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better.
  • joyoungolivia
    joyoungolivia Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My original goal was to lose the weight for my 30th, which is mid october, so around 8-10 weeks is good for me! x
  • mtkautz
    Options
    Oh I like the Halloween goal, 10 weeks? And we can look forward to costumes eh eh??
    Oh.... come on... I know you ALL still dress up right?!?!

"What are you supposed to be?"

"Oh you didn't know? I'm a skinny f*cking b*tch, that's what I am!"
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ChocFiend
    ChocFiend Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Oh I like the Halloween goal, 10 weeks? And we can look forward to costumes eh eh??

LOL are we posting our weights tomorrow? am i correct we're running friday to friday?
  • mtkautz
    Options

LOL are we posting our weights tomorrow? am i correct we're running friday to friday?

Yes, Fridays are weigh-in days. I'll post a new thread and a link here to that thread.
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Except I don't weigh myself, so it will have to be measurements, exercise and eating well goals for me!! I'm 25, 5'3", no idea what I weigh. I will take measurements tomorrow. I have a degree in Business and work as an Internal Auditor for a drilling company. I'm huge into fitness, play sports and rock climb. I love working out, I hate missing days, and feel like garbage when I don't workout.

I need this challenge because I started falling off the wagon in July. I was doing great, looking and feeling awesome, and then all of a sudden lost all my motivation. I was out of town a lot for work, and basically eating crap for 3 meals a day. I went from working out 7 days a week to only 3. Now that I'm home for a bit, my clothes don't fit me as nicely and I hate myself a little bit. I need to stop eating ridiculously and start working out every day again - have been doing good on the exercise front for the last couple of weeks but need to keep it up. Hopefully seeing all of you gals turn into skinny *****es will make me have motivation to stay on track!!

PS. have you read the Skinny ***** book? I think it's hilarious!
  • mtkautz
    Options
    I haven't read the books..... although when I come across them, there are a few I plan to get and enjoy thoroughly :)