Fall is ON ITS WAY!! Lets share delish PUMPKIN treats!:D

Options

Replies

• kathyhaf1
    Options
    The pumpkin muffins recipe looks easy and sounds delish! Thanks!
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have a pumpkin bread recipe of my mother's I have tweaked. I'll share if you guys want. Just let me know. Right now I'm eating lunch. But thanks for this great post. I love pumpkin. Maybe I'll start a yam post.
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love pumpkin everything! Here is a recipe I have made before & love for Pumpkin Chili!!!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=392564
  • econn
    econn Posts: 157
    Options
    bump :)))
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    Well, this morning I started my day with a chocolate Shakeology scoop mixed with 1/2 cup pumpkin, some pumpkin pie spice and 1/2 cup almond milk...AHHHHHHHHHHHH It was insanely delish!!
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    I love pumpkin... and fall!

Bump for later ideas.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    lol, I'm looking forward to autumn too (that's what us brits call fall) We don't eat much pumpkin here- just use them generally as halloween lanterns! But, this is changing and I for one plan to nom a lot of pumpkin this year.

Thai pumpkin soup- serves 6, 192 cals per portion.

1.5kg pumpkin- cubed, peeled and roasted
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 onion, chopped
    1 thumb sized piece of fresh root ginger, chopped
    1-2 stalks of lemongrass, bruised
    3-4 tbsp thai red curry paste
    1 400ml can reduced fat coconut milk
    850ml vegetable stock (broth)
    1 chopped fresh red chilli, to garnish
    juice from 1/2 a big lime, or 1 whole small lime
    2 tsp sugar
    black pepper

Sautee the onion, ginger & garlic in a saucepan and then add the curry paste, stock, pumpkin & whizz with a hand blender (or put the lot into a blender then return to the pan).

Return to the heat, and simmer gently. Add the lemongrass stalks, lime juice, sugar & pepper and simmer for 10-15 mins to infuse. At the least minute, stir in the coconut milk and warm through. Serve sprinkled with chilli slices.

Roast pumpkin and spinach lasagne- 415 cals per portion

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/67609/roast-pumpkin-and-spinach-lasagne

Kale, Pumpkin and bacon crock pot stew- 225 cals per portion:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8910/kale-pumpkin-and-bacon-pot
  • mkupartist
    mkupartist Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin puree is a must to have on hand in every kitchen! I take any cake mix and substitute the eggs and oil for pumpkin puree and wah-lah! you have cut the calories to 80 cals a cupcake and the recipe is now Vegan. Enjoy!
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    Pumpkin puree is a must to have on hand in every kitchen! I take any cake mix and substitute the eggs and oil for pumpkin puree and wah-lah! you have cut the calories to 80 cals a cupcake and the recipe is now Vegan. Enjoy!

what a great idea!! i'm definitely going to try this !! THANK YOU!!
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • letsdothis2010
    letsdothis2010 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Mmm pumpkin :) bump!
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I loooove autumn! I can't wait to try these. I'm going to go stock up on some canned pumpkin
  • jennyonthespot
    jennyonthespot Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love fall too!! I've already started using the cinnamony air fresheners. :-) Here's a recipe that I love so much. It's not healthy at all, but I'm sure you could tweak it a little. I make it when I'm in a hurry for fall to get here.

Ingredients

topping:
    1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
    5 tablespoons sugar
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened

bread:
    3 cups all-purpose flour
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
    1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
    1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
    1 (15 ounce) cans solid-pack pumpkin
    3/4 cup vegetable oil
    2 1/4 cups sugar
    4 large eggs, lightly beaten
    2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped ( 2 cups)

TOPPING:
    Blend together flour, sugar, cinnamon, and butter in a small bowl with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.

BREAD:
    Put a rack in the middle of oven and preheat oven to 350°F Butter two 9 X 5 inch loaf pans.
    Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice into a medium bowl. Whisk together pumpkin, oil, sugar, and eggs in a large bowl. Add flour mixture, stirring until well combined. Fold in apples. Divide batter between buttered loaf pans. Sprinkle half of topping evenly over each loaf. Bake until a wooden pick or skewer inserted in center of bread comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool loves in pans on a rack for 45 minutes, then turn out onto rack and cool completely, about 1 hour.
  • amycakes812
    Options
    Pumpkin Cranberry Bread

Ingredients
    1 1/2 cups Pumpkin (canned)
    1 cup Granulated White Sugar
    1/2 cup Water
    2 tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal
    1/4 cup Canola Oil
    2 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
    2 tsp Baking Powder
    1/4 tsp Baking Soda
    1/2 tsp Salt
    1 tsp Cinnamon, Ground
    1/2 tsp Ginger, Ground
    1/2 tsp Nutmeg, Ground
    1 cup Fresh Cranberries

Directions

Preheat oven to 350° F. and grease a loaf pan, 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 2 3/4 inches.
    In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat together pumpkin, sugar, water, flax meal, and oil. Sift in flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and spices and stir just until batter is smooth. Stir in cranberries and spoon batter into loaf pan, spreading evenly.
    Bake bread in middle of oven 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean, and cool in pan on a rack 10 minutes. Turn bread out onto rack and cool completely. Bread may be made 4 days ahead and chilled, covered.

Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Pumpkin-Cranberry-Bread-13435#ixzz0iLuDQau3

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/ww-pumpkin-cranberry-bread/#ixzz1VFQoUYkm

I can't wait to try this!!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options

Probably best if the cake is spice cake. NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!!
  • clairibou1
    clairibou1 Posts: 124
    Options
    BUMP!!! I LOOOOOOVE PUMPKIN!!! :):):)
  • caitlindrew422
    caitlindrew422 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    OMG I love fall and pumpkin!!! I have a great recipe that I make for Thanksgiving every year however it isn't healthy- I am trying to do a re-vamp though. It is pumpkin cheesecake with caramel pecan topping- stay posted and I will give details!!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    OOOHHH! The pumpkin pancake sounds like it would be SOO yummy with almonds and banana slices on top with a little bit of maple syrup! Mmmm!!!!!
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    My favorite pumpkin recipe, Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, is definitely not friendly to my new healthy way of eating, unless I make a batch and give away 99% of it. :)

I LOVE Green Mountain's Pumpkin Spice Coffee, I'm anxiously awaiting it's re-release this month. Also love pumpkin bread and pumpkin pancakes/waffles. I just need to find a way to make them healthier than I used to make them.

MMMM..... That pumpkin spice coffee is the best!!!
  • MollyNan
    MollyNan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just found this recipe for Pumpkin Sundaes! MMMM

1/2 cup breyers double churn free creamy fat free vanilla ice cream
    1 tablespoon canned pumpkin puree
    1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    2 low-fat honey graham crackers, lightly crushed (half a sheet)
    4 tablespoons fat free Reddi-Wip topping

Place ice cream in a small dessert bowl, and allow it to thaw just slightly (a few minutes).
    Then stir in the pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice until thoroughly mixed.
    Place bowl in the freezer for 30 minutes to allow the ice cream to firm up.
    Then top with the Redd-wip, followed by the crushed graham crackers.
    Makes 1 Serving.

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/pumpkin-pie-sundae-weight-watcher-from-hungry-girl-ww-316360#ixzz1VPd0xG7A

Enjoy!