12 WEEK "END THE YEAR" STRONG

Options

Replies

• Liftinglex
    Liftinglex Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday the weekends are always hard for me because I’m on the go and I never cook at home. I thought I was going to for sure go over my calories today but wow I haven’t had dinner yet and I still have almost 500 cal I’m so amazed! Hope the weekend is going good for you all 🤗
  • lilshorty001
    lilshorty001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, hope its not too late to join😁
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    nancym30 wrote: »
    Good morning! Success: I'm down five pounds since starting this challenge last week. Very happy and relieved as I'd been climbing slowly but steadily for several months. Thank you to everyone for being in the challenge, I find your postings very helpful and encouraging. I'm new to MFP and am enjoying tracking my food and exercise, I hope this lasts :) I had a good brisk walk after dinner yesterday, first one in a looong time, and enjoyed how I felt during and after. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Awesome!! I am so happy for you!!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    I'm joining in here because I've hit a plateau. I've been tracking my meals on MFP for 140 days in a row. I'm much more conscious of what I can and cannot eat, and it's resulted in a loss of about a pound a week. I've relaxed a bit though, gotten comfortable, eaten a treat here and there, been lazy instead of going for a walk. So, I've been the same weight for 3 weeks. Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I don't want to see the same #. As soon as I post this I'm putting on my tennis shoes and walking. H: 5'5", W: 153, Age: 38, Goal: 145 before the year ends.

You can do it! BTW we are basically the same height and weight with the same goal 😀
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Start Weight: 211LBS
    Current Weight: 207LBS
    Goal Weight: 189.9LBS

My goals:
    Week 1: Track every single piece of food that goes into my body (SUCCESS!)
    Week 2: Stay hydrated and drink at least 1 cup of water for every unsweetened/nonwater drink that I have. (IN PROGRESS)
    Week 3: Do 10 squats every single morning.
    Week 4: Meditate for 10 minutes daily.
    Week 5:
    Week 6:
    Week 7:
    Week 8:
    Week 9:
    Week 10:
    Week 11:
    Week 12:

*I only planned a couple weeks ahead on purpose. These goals may change as I do. Nothing set in stone until the week starts. ;-)

Love your plans and yes it’s good to only plan a few weeks at a time!! That’s what I am doing too!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Hi, hope its not too late to join😁

Never to late to join!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Happy Sunday - last day of our week and let’s make it a good one! Yesterday was a very odd day here. Had a really good breakfast, we went off to get our oil changed and there is a state park about 20 minutes away so we went over there and walked for about an hour. Then we drove to church (we like the Saturday evening service), went grocery shopping and by then was STARVING!!! We only had healthy snacks for lunch. We got a small gluten free pizza and ate it at 9:00 pm last night. I haven’t logged the pizza yet, but definitely over in carbs 😀 scale however was ok this morning. No repeating this today! Thank goodness we got in some exercise to help!!

Housekeeping news: reminder tomorrow is your weigh in and post the goals you want to work on this week. I am finalizing mine today in my head!!

Have a wonderful Sunday!!
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    CSW:165.2
    CW: 166.4
    GW: Not sure a lb a week would be great.

Week 1 10/08

Drink my water oz T, F, S
    Reduce the junk carbs T, F, S
    No LNS T, W, F, S
    10k steps T, W, F
    Workout 5 days T

• mihalickjoanne
    mihalickjoanne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping in a week late but I want to stop the slow backsliding I have been doing lately. 152.6 pounds
  • mihalickjoanne
    mihalickjoanne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My goal is to track faithfully again.
  • mamananette
    mamananette Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well, I ate pretty good this weekend, though I did give in and have some cheese bread because there wasn't another option while out shopping. Should have planned ahead. Thank goodness the calories burned from shopping made up for the treat. What really made difference was all the cleaning I did this weekend. So, even though I forgot to weigh myself BEFORE breakfast there was still a weight drop showing on my scale. 152!
  • cpe814
    cpe814 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am shocked with myself at how well I did the past 2 days. I am hoping I can keep it up. Wish me luck. Starting my first update post tomorrow.
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    SW: 185.0
    GW EOY: 175 Hoping most loss is Oct-Nov as Dec is always super challenging.

This week: Stayed mostly on track.
    CW: 183.0 2 lb loss. Woot!

This weeks goal: Keeping the same: Walk 6 days. Alcohol free. Control food intake at least 5 days.
  • brijerrels
    brijerrels Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was down Friday to 179.9 (broke 180 and was so excited)! This morning I'm at 182.9. I made some bad decisions Saturday. Back at it this week. One day at a time!
  • tinaka2016
    tinaka2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    SW: 144
    Wk 1: 143

Really happy to have broken a plateau. A steady 1lb loss p/w is right where I want to be. Fingers crossed that I can keep it up so I can hit my GW by the end of the year. So this coming week I'm going to focus on my water intake, 5 gym sessions and stick to my meal plan.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Week 2 guys!! Updated weight and goals for this week!

CW: 153.8
    GW: 144
    Challenge Weight Loss to achieve: 9.8 lbs

10/15/18: 152.8 (1 lb loss!)

Week 1 Challenges to over come:
    1. Absolutely NO buying anything downstairs at our little shop. NOTHING!!!!!!
    2. Keep my carbs at net 40 grams max. I follow a low carb lifestyle and I need to become more consistent

Week 2 Challenges to over come:
    1. This week I'm going to work more on "moving more". I've been lazy for quite a while. I need to be more consistent getting in 10,000+ steps a day.
    2. Keep working on Week 1 challenges!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Today's quote is pretty good!!

DO NOT WAIT; THE TIME WILL NEVER BE "JUST RIGHT". START WHERE YOU STAND, AND WORK WITH WHATEVER TOOLS YOU MAY HAVE AT YOUR COMMAND, AND BETTER TOOLS WILL BE FOUND AS YOU GO ALONG.
    NAPOLEAN HILL

Start where we are and we'll develop the skills to keep going...one day at a time...one moment at a time!!

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,284 Member
    Options
    SW (10/12/18): 152.4
    CGW: 140
    Ultimate goal weight: 130

WI(10/15/18) - 151.8
    Down - 0.6

Week 2 challenges:
    1. Log all foods on here
    2. 10000 steps 5 or more days this week
    3. Drink at least 84 oz water every day
    4. Stay on program LIIFT4
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    CSW:165.2
    CW: 164.6
    GW: Not sure a lb a week would be great.

Week 1 10/08 -.60 lb.

Week 2 10/15

Drink my water oz
    Reduce the junk carbs
    No LNS
    10k steps
    Workout 5 days