October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    So @KeepRunningFatboy you made me do it and I thank you for it. Having not run for a good few weeks, I knew it was going to be a struggle to be out there running our relay for you, but I was going to walk if I had to. And then the rain started.

I had to channel my inner @Avidkeo to get myself out there, but it’s never as bad running in the rain as you think it will be.

And you know what happened? My run in the relay taught me again how much fun running can be, how even in the rain there are plenty of things to smile about.

I imagined too, you up there somewhere with a wry smile about a bunch of people you’ve never met, who don’t think of themselves as strangers, running across the world for you.

This mornings run was for you, and for all the people who don’t get to run any more. But it was also for me, so thank you for that inspiration.

js7pdonh2v03.gif
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 I'm so sorry you had that experience. Well done for getting out there, and your AG placement. I know you didn't get it how you wanted to. Biggest gentlest internet hugs. Look after yourself, get yourself right so you can smash it next time.