What was your “reason” for gaining the weight?

Options

Replies

• 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Medication
  • craig2108
    craig2108 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don’t have self discipline like I did when I was younger
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Just developed some bad habits and there you go, extra weight!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

I was just lazy and liked to eat.

Yup. Me too. No bad relationship with food. I just like a lot of it.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Lifelong neglect. I gained about 90 pounds over 40 years. Not a perfectly straight line but close. If I'm calculating right, that's only about 2.25 pounds a year.
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I was always fat. Food was good, plentiful, I loved TV, reading, video games, crafts and hated sports or exercise. I even found ways around taking the required gym classes in school. I did get bullied but it was never a "problem" so I never tried to fix it. Gained more in college, gained more after college. Last 2 years I gained 30 more pounds switching back to omnivore diet from being a vegetarian for 14 years, a desk job, and a back injury, and suddenly I was over 300 pounds.

I never had any trouble with my health until turning 30, so now I'm trying to undo all the damage I've done. Almost completely dropped pop/soda which I used to have several a day of all my life. Counting calories, exercising 3 to 4 days a week. Finding Exercise I LOVE and I never thought that would happen. I've lost 30 pounds in 6 months. I'm at a bit of a plateau now, so trying to re-adjust my calories to see a loss again.
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Basically, lower activity levels without an adjustment in food intake.

Every time I have had a reduction in my general activity level, my weight has gone up - first when I finished university and got a desk job, then when I broke my ankle, and again when I had further surgery on the ankle.

Plus my two pregnancies, of course...
  • grmreapper
    grmreapper Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was very active all through High school and the Army lifted weights and ran while in the Army never liked running only did it because I had to. My weight gain started my one day not feeling like working out and said I'll do it tomorrow only tomorrow would be the same thing next thing I know I'm up to 235lbs and size 40in waist. Now I am happy to say I am down to 126lbs and a 29in waist. I also enjoy running now something I wouldn't think of doing at 235lbs.i run 10 miles most days and as far as 14 miles on weekends.
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Blamed it on menopause. But in reality I was just lazy. I would avoid mirrors at all costs. Finally got sick of telling myself how ugly I was and did something about it.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Put back on some weight because I now have a desk job. I had lost 70 pounds, but have put some back on. I am determined not to go over 200 ever again and I haven't. It has been a struggle to lose more even though I go to the gym at least twice a week and stay under 1300 calories a day.