WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2018

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Barbara - BLUEPRINT is by Robert Plomin.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    So much to respond to, you all are so priceless.
    Janetr- I am so jealous (I know that is not a Christian emotion) but I fear I won’t ever live to see a great grandchild. Matthew is so beautiful and I agree you need to go cuddle him.
    Lisa- sure hope this crappy weather misses you. We had 4 inches a rain yesterday and it rained all night. Also the wind is blowing 20 mph and the temperature dropped from 81 to 41. Now I know that would be balmy for some of our Canadian friends but to a Texan that is cold! Good luck with your knee surgery. You are taking on a lot with moving, working and upcoming surgery. But, like most of the pals on here, you are young and strong.
    Mary- we saw that it was snowing in Amarillo this morning so I hope you got out of there. We’ve been to Carlsbad Caverns and really enjoyed it.
    KJ- I was planning on “starting again” on Monday but got really sick last night severe stomach cramps. Since I have a history of small bowel obstructions, I immediately stopped eating or drinking. Hurt all night and really got sick this morning. TMI probably. Anyway, I was impressed that you were able to do all that you did. I’m beginning to think maybe I am lazy. Lol
    Since I have only been reading lately, I also was wondering about Wendy. Hope she is ok but busy making queens.

Michele- I saw your town on the Weather Channel map showing where the storm was going. Hope you guys didn’t have any damage.
    Only eating tea and toast today, should I log it or wait until tomorrow? Can you start again on a Tuesday, just a joke. Thinking of Lisa’s wonderful post this morning.
    I have the Leslie Sammons tapes also but don’t use them. I hate to write that but it is true. My plan was to go to a new strength and balance class at the Y this morning but that was derailed by the stomach flu. Sounds like a lot of excuses ...
    Heather- keeping my fingers crossed that your move happens soon. You are so ready and have done an amazing job wit the decluttering.
    Best wishes to all.
    SueBDew in TX
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    o7pm6m8dz4oz.jpeg
    This our backyard after 7and a half inches of rain. The water in the background is the Brazos River.
    It is rising but not over the top bank yet. Expecting rain every day this week.
    SueBDew in wet, chilly TX
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited October 2018
    I cannot do the plank that so many of you do but found a modified one that I can really feel in my middriff: "The front plank is an easy exercise that targets the muscles of the abdominals and back -- both important components of the midriff. To perform a plank, lie on your stomach with your elbows bent, your forearms on the ground, your fingers pointing away from your torso and your toes touching the ground. Use the muscles in your midriff to lift your torso, thighs and shins from the floor. Hold this pose for at least five seconds, keeping your body in a straight line from your heels to your shoulders, and carefully lower back to the ground."

I am wondering if Lenora has not checked in due to the power shortages in South Georgia!

Janet: Congrats on that beautiful grandchild. I too am just hoping to live to see my grand children become young adults.

Carol in GA
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Hi folks. I've been on a weight roller coaster ride. Currently on the way back down. But, it's crazy how I can pig out on cookies, gain 10 lbs. stop the cookies and drop 10 lbs, Feels like the sugar such swells me up then drops after a week of no sugar. Anyway... onward.
    Goals this month; stay with my plan of lower carb diet, keep testing blood glucose, move more, stay hydrated and have some fun.

--Ginger in Texas
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited October 2018
    Looking forward to some cooler weather coming in today in my little southeast corner of Texas.
    --Ginger in Texas

mg0lhruzdbfx.jpg
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    <3
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,939 Member
    evie1958 wrote: »

Haven't been posting on here much lately, been keeping up on the reading, but just can't string enough words together to form a coherent posting, so didn't want to post a bunch of babble. Definitely having issues with eating, I have no problem getting to the gym and doing a good workout, but food, well food is an issue. Sigh. Trying not to bring the trigger foods into the house (mostly chocolate), but hubby does like the stuff. I try to buy stuff that he likes that I'm not all that excited about. Some days it works better than others. Tried cutting out all refined sugar, that lasted a few weeks, then a few days ago had a major sugar overload too close to bedtime. It's really not fun lying in bed listening to the sugar race around your bloodstream.... That has made me be better aware, for now anyway. We will see how long that lasts.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island

You and I are soul sisters, girl! I could have written that paragraph. It describes my current state of mind exactly.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    So very busy. Sister leaves tomorrow- but we have booked up every minute for the next few weeks it seems.

100+ posts! I’m not likely to catch up, I apologize. I’ll try to start over here next week.

For now: Mocha Latte audibly rolls her eyes and says “if I stand still for this picture will you please remove this silly cowboy hat?”
    l6l1m3yols4g.png

And Kidd Kirby says: “Is she gone yet?”
    lpy4vfrgpp17.png

:)

Rye
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    edited October 2018
    My husband helping accident victims. Minor injuries. Car ran light and flipped the truck over!
    0mbwgxaez8nd.jpg
    2a7tfdks723g.jpg
    px05si7sflho.jpg

<3
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    <3 Matthew Grayson is beautiful <3 Lucky you.
    Pat in Oh
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    My husband helping accident victims. Minor injuries. Car ran light and flipped the truck over!
    0mbwgxaez8nd.jpg
    2a7tfdks723g.jpg
    px05si7sflho.jpg

<3

Mary, is that in Lubbock?

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks ladies for your sweet comments on our great -grandson. Jack has 3 children and me 2. Thier are ages 46 (the new grandma), two age 44, 42 and 41. We have grandkids ranging in age from 25 to 4. We have 11 grandchildren. Matthew's Daddy is Jack's oldest daughter's only son. The two great-granddaughters, Mia and Layla, belong to my oldest daughter's step-daughter. I know it gets a bit crazy with extended families these day. So technically the great-grands though not mine by blood, they are mine in love. That being said, my two recently married blood grandkids and their spouses are trying to get pregnant.

Much love,
    Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,500 Member
    isyp3yo7udz7.jpeg
    l2ra5jv859px.jpeg
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    0mbwgxaez8nd.jpg
    2a7tfdks723g.jpg
    px05si7sflho.jpg

<3

Mary, is that in Lubbock?

Janetr OKC

No, Sequoia.
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    SueBDew - Tell that river to stay put! Those shenanigans just don't go!
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    edited October 2018
    Hello all!
    I’m still around and watching what I eat.
    My daughter was in Hurricane Michael and it was terrifying for her and the kids. Her house is uninhabitable, no utilities and no job. She’s staying in Destin with friends and enrolled the kids in school there. She’s just getting thru applications with FEMA and the insurance company.

Pray for them!

Dana In Arkansas
    My heart is with Panama City
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    Her house before
    6wvxna4y5xc0.jpeg
    4gelsp2ylhb7.jpeg
    2y5qsupc0694.jpeg
    Her house; oak tree on the house.
    i3le90yagql1.jpeg
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    edited October 2018
    Ginger in TX - Cooler weather in NE Texas is great "git movin'" weather! Sounds like you have a workable plan, too! Stay connected!

Lisa in Arkansas - such a busy life! I know that feeling "Oh no! Not moving! Not AGAIN!"

KJ (Kelly) - pajama Day is every day for me! And I love it! Oh! And I was 26 the year of the moon landing. Yeah - older than dirt.

Lindsay - My response to my first was, "Oh! [Child's first name]!" I had that same rush of recognition and surprise!

Tracey in SUNNY, warm Edmonton! I thought, being east of the mountains as you are, you'd be in the rain Shadow and have winter be more sunny than not.

Heather in UK - Thanks for mentioning that book. I'd heard that title somewhere else and forgot it.

DanielReel - I've been stupified by the amount of damage I have seen. The Gulf Coast Flirida is very special to me. I could cry!

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,329 Member
    Did about 5 min of hula hoop, held my plank for 3 min, then took the extremepump class

Rebecca – Vince doesn’t eat the skin of his potato. Now I have no problem at all with it (not eating his, eating my own)

Barbie – the thing is Denise is living with Maria. And I just don’t feel that I’m even wanted at Maria’s. All the times I went up there for Denise’s wedding not a one time did she offer that I could stay with her. At Denise’s graduation she never said something to me like “I know you don’t get to see your daughter very often, so you’re welcome to stay at my house when you’re up here”. It’s not like she didn’t have the room. She doesn’t now, it’s only a 2 bedroom place that she has. Denise asked Maria “are you having Thanksgiving here? How about asking my parents?” Maria just said “yes, we can do that”. Not that SHE asked me. Not that she even thought to ask us. She knows very well that Jess is in St. Kitts and she used to have Thanksgiving every year.

Janetr – thanks for sharing that facebook post. I’m crying, too

I’m making this hooded scarf for Jess for Christmas. Originally, I wasn’t but now that she’s going to Idaho for Christmas, she’ll need it. Anyway, I should have 33 double crochets in each row. Try as I might, I couldn’t figure out where I was losing a stitch in this one row. So what I did was I took out the row below it that I knew had 33 stitches, then I don’t know what happened but the next row had 33 (the one that had 32 previously). I still don’t know what I did! But it’s all working out, so that’s the important thing

Barbara – “snack size”… <groan>

Mcbcec – what brings you to Vietnam? For how long?

Toni – welcome to a great group of ladies

SuebDew – no, no damage here! Try to stay dry

Dana – I saw some of the pictures of Hurricane Michael. It looks like a bomb hit it like in WWII

Exercised, went to the Salvation Army, then Habitat for Humanity (they’re more expensive than the SA), then Aldi, then to the bank, the bowling, ceramics and then mahjongg.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    :) After my morning dog walk (25 minutes before breakfast and 85 minutes after breakfast) I still felt good enough to go off and do the family errands (post office, Wal Mart, library, drug store) and came home feeling like my old fit and energetic self. I did a load of laundry and fixed lunch and suddenly had a giant spell of exhaustion and went to bed and slept for two and a half hours. I wisely decided to forgo planting bulbs even though the beautiful weather was begging me to come outside. I feel OK now and will plant bulbs tomorrow.

<3 Barbie