October Self-Care Challenge

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    aemsley05 wrote: »
    Yesterday and today I have begun my day with this morning meditation. I feel so energized, calm and ready to face whatever comes in the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYP_W49o1vQ

I woke this morning with barbed wire in my throat and cotton wool for brains. Tried this meditation and feel much better. Thank you for sharing.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Not much self care this week. Really swamped with work. Have a three day weekend though, so I will
    Get haircut and color and hopefully mani and pedi. Wishing you a happy day !😊
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I started a seven day challenge put on by one of the trainers at my gym. I'm using it to refocus my exercise efforts.

Today I hate coffee with a friend I used to work with. We had really lovely conversations about history and politics. While neither of us stick to the strict definitions of the parties, they are Republican and I am Democrat. We were able to have positive discussions and agreed on many things. Oh how I wish things it could always be this way! I also did not give up on myself during the challenge workout even though I wasn't sure I would survive.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I went to my flower arranging group. I spent time in the garden beforehand picking foliage for the autumn/Halloween theme

a3idpo1nwbk4.jpg

Fun fact: I was a floral designer for 15 years before I had the job I have now. Flowers are one of the things that make me happiest in this world.

Your designs are very beautiful. I love the colors. I especially like the spiders and the little gourds.
  • tiiinyjane
    tiiinyjane Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Me too! Me too! Me too!!! 🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Drank a lot of tea this weekend because I bought an electric kettle ; those things are awesome! Mani and pedi done ✅ as well. Did a lot of school work grading papers but that's ok because I won't feel like I'm drowning in papers.
  • CCgal2018
    CCgal2018 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Last week for self care I joined an online support group, had a movie night, gave myself a mani/pedi and spent an evening with my daughter.
  • aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went for a lovely afternoon tea with my soon-to-be mother-in-law. A terribly British way to spend an afternoon, I know! We had lovely cakes and treats and had a wonderful time chatting and planning for our holiday next week. I'm so lucky to be marrying into a family who I get on with so well! My mother-in-law has also been through issues with anxiety and depression recently so it's great to talk to someone who knows what I'm going through - and to have an example in front of me of how you really can get much better.
    c1voojaimbyp.jpg
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    So I haven't had much time to post but I have been doing my self care. I've been keeping up with the 7 day challenge I've been doing and not letting myself flake on myself. But I've also not been pushing myself to the point of hurrying myself. Yesterday I also went to a fall festival with my husband, a really good friend of mine, and her partner. It was more for kids than we thought it would be but it's a farm market I want to go to again in the future. Plus, I picked up two pumpkins if a variety I hadn't seen before and I'm looking forward to coming with them. Also picked up a red kuri sweetish which I'm going to use this Sunday when my parents come over for dinner.

Today I'm doing big self care. I have a detentions appointment this morning for some miles in concerned about. I want to check them it so if it's serious it can hopefully be caught early. I'm also sweet aside time to pay bills and set up other doctors appointments so I can stop using brain energy in those things. And the thing I'm really looking forward to is taking inventory if my bulbs and then measuring and planning it the front garden for what I have. Tomorrow we start the slash and burn of what's there!!! Mwuahahahaha!!! We spent the summer working on the inside and the fall is for the outdoors. Winter will be for our projects that require creation (my quilts and he is building me a gardening workspace got the back porch) and spring will be continuing to work on the front garden while FINALLY getting the back yard useable/ planted.
  • YourJuneInJan
    YourJuneInJan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ☕️Tea
    📖Reading
    👫Dance
    🛌Going to bed early
  • aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yesterday evening me and my fiance met up with some friends who were over visiting from the Netherlands. We went bowling and did a round of adventure golf, then got pizza. We had a great time just chatting and laughing.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    aemsley05 wrote: »
    Yesterday evening me and my fiance met up with some friends who were over visiting from the Netherlands. We went bowling and did a round of adventure golf, then got pizza. We had a great time just chatting and laughing.

Bowling is good for the soul, I always say. I bowl in a weekly league on Friday nights, and I always look forward to it. I'm currently carrying a 181 average. My whole family bowls, even my 14-year-old son, who is actually better than I am. :smiley:

Haven't been doing too well with my habit tracker... the reminders aren't working on me. I'll see them and go "meh" and just dismiss them. Sigh. Don't know what it's actually going to take for me to realize I'm worth taking care of.
  • YourJuneInJan
    YourJuneInJan Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Today’s self care
    🧘‍♀️Yoga
    🍳Breakfast date with friend
    🎵Play music

Need some new ideas for self care ??