JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT - Tuesday October 16
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - >:) Over by 1000+
    Move Hourly at Work - 6/7
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :) I shouldn't have had any though, it was boredom and habit
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Walk 1 Mile - >:)
    Craft - >:)
    Write in Journal - >:)
    Stay Focused!!!! - >:)

JFT - Wednesday October 17
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Move Hourly at Work
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Walk 1 Mile
    Craft
    Write in Journal
    STAY FOCUSED - I MEAN IT - DO IT!

I decided to make hamburgers last night for supper as I had some buns that needed to be used up. I usually by he pre-made lean burgers and can fit them into my calories very easily. Two grocery stores I stopped at last night were sold out so I ended up buying the meat and making my own. I bought too much meat and instead of making the right decision to throw some in the freezer for later I made 2 burgers for myself and then ate them!

I need to start getting with the program and stepping up my game. I am hovering between 179-181/182 and have been since September 1st. I have missed all of my goal dates so far and want to feel successful.
    I am having a hard time finding the time or energy to do the workouts so I need to be more mindful of my eating.

I didn't get much done yesterday for crafting and I need to step this up as well.

I'm feeling the same way as far as getting with the program. Not moving as much really catches up to my waist it seems!!! And just being hungry and nesty and getting a little too comfortable where I'm at. But we will keep trying and we will get there!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,917 Member
    edited October 2018
    My weekly weigh-in
    Remember I average my weight over 7 days, 10 days and monthly. The last column is supposed to be loss, when it's a negative in front it means I gained over the previous 7 days.

j9ron72asbhq.png
  • Snowflake1968
    I feel I should share this since I have been complaining about the cold and snow for weeks now.

It’s a record breaking 23.6 breaking the old record of 22.8 set in 1903.

This of course is in celcius. I see no reason not to get an outside walk in tonight!

It's very quiet on here today.

@toaljasa - I am at 2.7 lbs down since you posted the Thanksgiving challenge!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    @snowflake - well done on your loss! All the more impressive given the stress you’ve had recently.

It is very quiet on here! Hope everyone is ok.

Yesterday all went well with the assembly. The kids were very cute and the parents loved it. Very relieved now and can take the next couple of days easy before a week off (woohoo!) for half term.

Wednesday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Remind P and B re play date ✅
    - Leave early for school ✅
    - Set up presentation and check video on arrival ✅
    - Assembly! remind kids to relax and enjoy and not to worry if they forget their lines. Remind parents to sign visitor book. ✅
    - Pick up car at lunchtime ✅
    - Check stock room for acetate ❎
    - Pastoral notes✅
    - Leave by 4:30✅
    - Pick up P from play date✅
    - But birthday gifts and cards✅
    - Early night ❎

Thursday goals
    - morning workout
    - Take laptop to upload activinspire and CCW font
    - Buy healthy snacks and milk on way to school
    - Mention hall issue in morning meeting
    - Planning time - folders and update email as well as English planning
    - Acetate for art project!!
    - Reply to H parents to book in meeting
    - Absence form
    - Call parent at lunchtime - arrange kids drop off
    - Go to bed early!

Have a great day all! X
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    @snowflake - well done on your loss! All the more impressive given the stress you’ve had recently.

It is very quiet on here! Hope everyone is ok.

Yesterday all went well with the assembly. The kids were very cute and the parents loved it. Very relieved now and can take the next couple of days easy before a week off (woohoo!) for half term.

Wednesday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Remind P and B re play date ✅
    - Leave early for school ✅
    - Set up presentation and check video on arrival ✅
    - Assembly! remind kids to relax and enjoy and not to worry if they forget their lines. Remind parents to sign visitor book. ✅
    - Pick up car at lunchtime ✅
    - Check stock room for acetate ❎
    - Pastoral notes✅
    - Leave by 4:30✅
    - Pick up P from play date✅
    - But birthday gifts and cards✅
    - Early night ❎

Thursday goals
    - morning workout
    - Take laptop to upload activinspire and CCW font
    - Buy healthy snacks and milk on way to school
    - Mention hall issue in morning meeting
    - Planning time - folders and update email as well as English planning
    - Acetate for art project!!
    - Reply to H parents to book in meeting
    - Absence form
    - Call parent at lunchtime - arrange kids drop off
    - Go to bed early!

Have a great day all! X
    Hi Sister... I've been gone most of the day.. How are you feeling? How's your Sister?
  • maryrobinson40
    Good Evening... Well, I said I would post no matter what was said.
    I went to the clinic today. I just knew I was gonna have great numbers...
    Slap..Mrs. Robinson you've gained... I got sooo upset, I cried... Sent my blood pressure up...157/85...341pounds... Doc assured me to not be frantic because she's feeling that I'm gaining muscle and to keep doing what I'm doing as far as exercise and that I'm long overdue for a get away. She saw stress all in my face...made me stay longer just so she could recheck my pressure again.
    The nurse offered me to come to A Free Zumba session.. I jumped at the offer.
    I have got to keep PUSHING! KEEP MY FORWARD MOTION, AND I'M DOING WHATEVER I CAN DO TO LET MY BODY KNOW I MEAN BUSINESS!!!
    IM ABSOLUTELY NOT GIVING UP, AND NOT BACKING DOWN.

SPAGHETTI SQUASH INSTEAD OF PASTA, BAKED, BOILED, AND NO MORE BREAD.NO MORE PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY!
    WHATEVER I CAN DO THAT'S WHAT I WILL DO NATURALLY..
    I GOTTA! I JUST GOTTA!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Oh @maryrobinson40 big hugs! Remember the number on the scale can vary for so many different reasons. Different scales, different times of day, clothing, water retention etc. You have been working really hard and I’m sure you will be seeing results soon, if not now.

Are you measuring yourself? Are your clothes fitting differently? I know from your posts you are definitely building up your fitness and that is amazing.

Your positivity on here has been so great for us. Your reaction to this is just another example. You are strong and you can do this - absolutely keep pushing. We are all with you x
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,249 Member
    Good Evening... Well, I said I would post no matter what was said.
    I went to the clinic today. I just knew I was gonna have great numbers...
    Slap..Mrs. Robinson you've gained... I got sooo upset, I cried... Sent my blood pressure up...157/85...341pounds... Doc assured me to not be frantic because she's feeling that I'm gaining muscle and to keep doing what I'm doing as far as exercise and that I'm long overdue for a get away. She saw stress all in my face...made me stay longer just so she could recheck my pressure again.
    The nurse offered me to come to A Free Zumba session.. I jumped at the offer.
    I have got to keep PUSHING! KEEP MY FORWARD MOTION, AND I'M DOING WHATEVER I CAN DO TO LET MY BODY KNOW I MEAN BUSINESS!!!
    IM ABSOLUTELY NOT GIVING UP, AND NOT BACKING DOWN.

SPAGHETTI SQUASH INSTEAD OF PASTA, BAKED, BOILED, AND NO MORE BREAD.NO MORE PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY!
    WHATEVER I CAN DO THAT'S WHAT I WILL DO NATURALLY..
    I GOTTA! I JUST GOTTA!

You are doing great!! Remember .... the scale is only a number. You have been exercising so good, you body is adjusting.... making more muscle! I remember you saying you could walk better ... all NSV!!! So don't you give up!! We are all so very proud of you --- your gonna get there girlfriend!!!! I am so very proud of you!!
  • mytime6630
    I feel I should share this since I have been complaining about the cold and snow for weeks now.

It’s a record breaking 23.6 breaking the old record of 22.8 set in 1903.

This of course is in celcius. I see no reason not to get an outside walk in tonight!

It's very quiet on here today.

@toaljasa - I am at 2.7 lbs down since you posted the Thanksgiving challenge!

Great job!!! 2.7 pounds is awesome!!!!
  • mytime6630
    So goals tomorrow are simple again:
    1. log my food :/
    2. concentrate on water - 1 soda, then no more soda until I drink 8+ cups water :)
    3. October challenge!!! I've been bad at getting this done. I do go to the gym in the morning, and want to get back to walking in the evening. I am finding that I need to do this right after dinner, or it just doesn't happen. so tomorrow.... go out for that walk!! :):) 3 more miles tonite -- and this is after going to the gym this morning!!
    4. work on quilt :/ Daughter called and wanted me to help her clean her apartment. Darn! I wanted so bad to work on the quilt, but, daughter now has a clean apartment ... and mother/daughter time. She needed me tonite.
    5. work on scarves to go with chemo hats :/
    6. work on PC boards - hubby is selling stuff too fast, so hard to keep up with him :)

JFT, Thurs
    1. log all food.... I have been really bad at logging lately!
    2. concentrate on water!!
    3. go to the gym
    4. October challenge --- walk 1 mile in the evening. @Bex -- I love this challenge. It is getting me back out walking more, which I realize how much I have missed. Walking outside is so therapeutic!
    5. work on quilt
    6. work on pc boards
    7. organize picture frames
    8. do 941 quarterly taxes!!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. PACK SHOES.
    2. Draft Week 13. WRITE BLOG POST. File extra worksheets. Grade classwork & late work; input grades.
    3. Class 2-3: Poetry; Mood & Tone notes & practice. Find poems. Students absent Friday need to make up "Interrupting Phrases" worksheet. Return papers.
    4. Class 4 - Poetry; Figurative language. Find poems. Squiggle Stories.
    5. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Review semester block. Convert research plans to unit format.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments. Plan for absence on 10/22. Print graphic organizers for poetry project.
    7. Strength 4:30. Walk to 10k. Add 'IN-LAWS' to Thursday JFT. QUIZ. Review essay.
    8. Prep Thu lunch: BBQ salad. Drain cheese. Chop celery. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Thursday
    1. AM short run: 12 laps, aim for <25 min. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. File papers before class. Contact B about Sunday. FINISH week 13. (Check standards!) Write blog post. Draft essay. VERY IMPORTANT: GRADING LIST! Grade classwork. Input grades. Review Squiggle Stories and put on bulletin board. Convert research plans to unit format.
    3. Class 2-3: Poetry: Tone. Continue finding poems. PUT CHALLENGE BOOKS ON DESKS. Assign books tomorrow.
    4. Class 4: Poetry. THEME. Find poems; identify themes.
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Draft essay. Convert research lessons to unit format.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments. Plan for absence on 10/22. MUST TURN IN FAILURE REPORTS.
    7. Portion oatmeal and put in freezer. Leave for restaurant by 5:30.
    8. Prep Fri lunch: Saag. Chop celery. Prep oatmeal for breakfast. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    Today: 187.0

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT Wednesday Recap
    1. Prelog food :)
    2. One water before lunch, three after, one with dinner >:)
    3. Hit benchmarks for current project by end of day at work >:)
    4. Practice 5 minutes diaphragmatic breathing :)
    5. Cook dinner at home - eat the proper portion size :)
    6. Ten squats per bathroom trip :) changed to wall push ups yesterday
    7. Email corgi club :)
    8. Bed early :)

JFT Thuesday Morning
    2. Wake up at first stirring - 6AM >:) Up at 6 not out of bed til 7
    3. Smoothie for breakfast :)
    4. Take fish oil :)

JFT Thursday
    1. Prelog food
    2. Take meds when alarm goes off - be intentional about this - alarm goes off - take meds in that moment
    3. Edit trough drawings and send out
    4. Print weldments for review
    5. Cook dinner at home - eat proper portion size
    6. Ten somethings per bathroom trip
    7. Ten minutes of stretching/core work
    8. Bed early

JFT Friday! Morning
    2. Wake up at first stirring and go stretch
    3. Smoothie for breakfast
    4. Take fish oil
  • maryrobinson40
    GOOD MORNING, MY BEAUTIFUL SISTERS... what a difference a day makes, but more than that...WHAT A DIFFERENCE WE MAKE!!👏👏👏🙌
    🎈WEEEEEEEEEEE! LMBO😂 YEAH! God woke me up, I sat up on the side of my bed and here are the motivational words for this journey...
    "YOU ARE THE ONLY YOU YOU'VE GOT! YOU'RE THE ONLY YOU THERE IS!
    THERE'S NO ONE ELSE WHO CAN LIVE LIKE YOU! BE IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO YOURSELF TO INVEST IN YOURSELF!! YOUR GREATEST COMMODITY IS L I F E so live it in excellence!!!"
  • maryrobinson40
    Mary is already on a roll. I got out of this house this morning and Mary pushed past the hurt and walked. Oh my Lordy you should have seen me in my glory...glistening with sweat, swinging these arms, lifting these legs, laser focus walking where people could see me. Not hiding out in that Parking Lot. I walked with my head high, waving at passers by...lol….(school traffic) Even got a few encouraging horn honks...lol….
    Made it back home to the bottom step and stepped up and down it for 5 minutes, came in, got water, put my CD music on and stayed with it until those numbers rung up 5,923 by 9a.m.
    JFT
    I'm pushing for 7K today.
    Take daughter to doctor appointment
    Eat light, but right
    Took Vitamins😁🙌👏👏👏👏
    Take meds
    Drink at least 4 waters.
    Read
    Dinner by 6:30
    Bed by 10:30
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Wednesday October 17
    2L of Water - :) 2.25
    Calories in Green by 150 - >:) In red by 433
    Move Hourly at Work - 3/6
    Only 1 Evening Snack - >:) Was just bored and had a slice of toast after my snack
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Walk 1 Mile - :) 1.29 - Went to the store. Took Michaela in her stroller. It was a slow walk back because she wanted to kick through the leaves. It was the nicest walk I've had in a long time.
    Craft - >:) The kids were late coming and going so we didn't get anything done.
    Write in Journal - :)
    Stay Focused!!!! - :/ I thought about my weight loss a lot yesterday but didn't really do anything about speeding it up... I don't know if I can call that focused or not. :D

JFT - Thursday October 18
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Move Hourly at Work
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Walk 1 Mile
    Craft?
    Write in Journal
    Stay Focused

I am played out this week, I'm not sure why I am sleeping well and getting a full 8 hours each night. I don't know if it's just because it's dark so early, I'm really noticing it this week for some reason. I went to bed earlier last night and only read one chapter we'll see if that makes a difference today.

I have a lady I used to work almost 20 years ago coming tonight with her electrician friend to look at the dryer outlet for me. The electrician is a single mom who does odd jobs in the evenings and weekends to help earn money. I am so happy I found her.

My Dad was an electrician and carpenter. He could do plumbing but really didn't like it and wasn't formally trained in it. Our childhood was spent going to people's houses in the evenings to work on someone's dryer, stove, furnace, installing cabinets. This is how he afforded extras for us. He worked so hard. We had 3 visiting hours at the funeral home when my Dad passed, they were all 2 hours each time. My Mother, Brother and I were not able to sit for any of them for even a minute. Pretty much every person that spoke to us started out with "Your Dad fixed"... they talked about him coming to help get their furnace going in the middle of a snowstorm, getting their stove working when it failed on Thanksgiving, etc. It was nice hearing all of those stories.

Monday night when I posted on facebook asking if anyone could recommend an electrician for me, a man that I used to babysit for, commented on it. He said I used to work with the best electrician I ever knew. It brought a tear to my eye, because anytime I have a problem like this I don't have Dad to call anymore. We lived away from him for 15 years before he passed away but he would still help when I called. One time we were installing a ceiling fan, Rodger doesn't like electricity and is always nervous about doing anything with it. We called Dad, he directed Rodger and walked him through installing that fan.

Ok, enough rambling. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Snowflake1968
    @maryrobinson40 - Doctor's visit - Like everyone else has said, different scales, different times of day, different clothes they can all make a huge difference in the weight shown. My doctor told me I should only ever go by my scale when I'm losing and not hers. You are doing so well, and I am so proud of you! You are killing it on getting steps in, when I had a fitbit I struggled constantly getting even 3000 in most days. I don't track my steps now, I developed an allergy to my fitbit and haven't wanted to spend the money on something else yet.

@Faebert - Congrats on the successful assembly! Now you can take a deep breath for a few days!

@mytime6630 - It's nice that your daughter has you for support.

Where is everyone? It seems so quiet on here this week.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,598 Member
    Recap W 10/17
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.68 mi 1:04:06 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly (1 hr webinar + see #3) / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 16,544 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 (webinar & happy hour :p ) & 50 floors :smiley:
    3) Usual breakfast (although replacing my cold cereal with hot now that weather is colder), lunch & snacks / after work happy hour w/ former colleagues ~ preview menu online & select something good but healthy if possible / enjoy 1 adult beverage among friends / stick w/ plan & net calories green = Stuck w/ plan at pub & ordered tequila lime salmon dinner (pesto risotto & mixed veggies came as sides ~ yum!) & enjoyed 1 pint beer. :smiley: Still a bit hungry when arrived home, defenses a little down & ate 20 peanut M&Ms (hey, at least I counted, logged & put bag away = NSV :p ). Net calories -286 :s , sodium -629 :s , sugar -38 :blush: but also apple & banana & raisins, fiber & protein good (YAY) & 14c water :smiley:
    4) Listen / watch Brewers game (start 4:09) = They lost & sad me :'(
    5) Evening to-do's ~ seriously, some really need to get done = put moth balls in shed; brought remaining rain water jugs inside & stored in basement (good for floors count); put away remaining dishes in rack; folded clean clothes in laundry room & carried upstairs; organized messy cards box & selected thank you card for bday gift from ex-roomie; charged LED vest, headlamp & dog collar (for a.m. walk that didn't happen :D ); caught up mail pile; decluttered a little :smiley:
    6) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:20 :neutral: maybe 30 min. later? (walk dog Th before work)

JFT Th 10/18 ~ So, apparently I neglected to verify/set my alarm last night = no dog walk before work this morning & my workout schedule for the week is screwed up. I hate when that happens. :# On the bright side, I enjoyed an extra 1+ hour of sleep. :D
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Need to prelog meals & snacks for day / net calories w/i 100 green
    3) Evening: choir 6:30 / maybe x-train? / MUST fill out paperwork for F a.m. nurse practitioner appt. / write thank you card & mail / paperwork for LCEF & mail / balance bank accounts / update budget s/s / organize paperwork for T 4:30 SS review meeting
    4) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / verify/set alarm & bed & TV off 10:20 (walk dog F a.m. before appt.)
  • maryrobinson40
    @maryrobinson40 - Doctor's visit - Like everyone else has said, different scales, different times of day, different clothes they can all make a huge difference in the weight shown. My doctor told me I should only ever go by my scale when I'm losing and not hers. You are doing so well, and I am so proud of you! You are killing it on getting steps in, when I had a fitbit I struggled constantly getting even 3000 in most days. I don't track my steps now, I developed an allergy to my fitbit and haven't wanted to spend the money on something else yet.

@Faebert - Congrats on the successful assembly! Now you can take a deep breath for a few days!

@mytime6630 - It's nice that your daughter has you for support.

Where is everyone? It seems so quiet on here this week.

Wow! Thank you! The fitbit I got was a used one that was given to me. The band keeps popping off, so I use a cloth belt to hold it in place. But I was so thankful for this thing..girl I'm so serious.. It's almost like, well it's new to me because I didn't have one at all. So I have my chin up. Tears are in my eyes because I am truly thankful for you and all the other ladies here. Hugs.🌹
  • Snowflake1968
    edited October 2018
    Well another work hiccup to ruin my sunny day. One of our staff scratched one of our cars a couple of weeks ago. I had to make him report it as an accident. I was told to get a couple of quotes and then we would get it fixed.
    I have one quote for $3000 which I think is horrendous, I still need to get the other one.

Today my VP asked me if I had the quotes and mentioned in the email that we will need to set up a payment plan with the employee. I wrote back to the VP and said with the new Legislation employers are no longer allowed to deduct for accidents in company vehicles, are we still thinking of deducting? I posed it as a question trying not to be argumentative. He came back and said "of course, we are still deducting".

I am sick over the fact that I work for a company that feels it is all right to break the law to save money. We have insurance for a reason. I have already told the employee that he cannot be charged for this per legislation, I guess if they try to push it I will tell him to put in a complaint with the government. I hate being in this position though.

UPDATE - I applied for a couple of jobs! I believe I have had enough!