What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    How everything is temporary. The good. The bad.... I want to hold on to the good longer this time around.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    I just got a message from a friend of mine that got back from Florida last night. She went out of her way to stop at Hayleigh's favorite beach spot and she said she brought me back a shell from there. I'm going to end the day on that good note.

That was a nice thing to do.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    I think Facebook is tryin to tell me something. I’ve had 4 eharmony ads in like the last 10 minutes
  • adamwatt305
    adamwatt305 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Can’t wait to get through his 12 hr shift!!!!!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    you know i think it'd be pretty cool if they made a haunted house but it was just filled with women saying "IM FINE"

and “ I don’t care where we eat, you choose”.

hey that one's got an easy solution actually.
    you just gotta hit her with "hey im taking you out to eat tonight- guess where?" and whatever the first place she says, you say "yep you guessed it baby" and you take her to that place.

This would probably not work for me. I have low expectations and would probably guess Burger King out of dread, not desire
  • servant2you
    servant2you Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Family members who have chosen to forget you.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Family members who have chosen to forget you.

That's tough.. sorry :(
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    pickup wouldn't start this morning. ain't the battery because it's cranking and got plenty of power it seems.
    it just won't turn over.
    i can hear the fuel pump turning on so its not that.
    no grinding or anything so hopefully not the starter either.
    maybe plugs and wires? gonna throw some new ones on this weekend. they needed to be changed anyhow.
    its been raining a ton here lately. and it hasn't been running badly at all. its possible something got wet and i won't know until it dries out now.
  • LilSnowBunni
    LilSnowBunni Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Trying to figure out how to eat pizza without really eating pizza.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    Being the parent of teenaged children is an intensely emotional experience. There is the pure pleasure of bonding with them meanwhile you watch them grow and discover themselves as an individual. And then there are the challenges, the moments of stress, anger, frustration, and resentment. These experiences naturally evoke strong feelings that are hard for me to handle at times.

I obviously know, it is important to tune in to and manage these feelings because it is how one reacts in these moments that makes the difference in your child’s development. Your response impacts his or her ability to learn good coping skills and guides their future behaviour.

Yet, how can I teach them how to handle their emotions when at times I don’t feel I have control over my own?! I find it extremely frustrating and I’m constantly disappointed with myself for the way I over react in strenuous situations. It’s a never ending cycle that I just can’t seem to break.

Talking/venting, understanding yourself, sounds to me like you are doing ok.
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    How great it would be if mfp had a glitch in the forums and you were able to see who reacted to your posts... all the hugs, insightfuls and so on...I'm curious to see who all the petty wooers are ;)
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    pickup wouldn't start this morning. ain't the battery because it's cranking and got plenty of power it seems.
    it just won't turn over.
    maybe plugs and wires? gonna throw some new ones on this weekend. they needed to be changed anyhow.
    its been raining a ton here lately. and it hasn't been running badly at all. its possible something got wet and i won't know until it dries out now.

It could still be something with the fuel pump even if you hear it buzzing. Without trying to explain everything over text, check out this video. Good luck:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=064Ilsz8Fzg

reading up online seems like my year model and engine has a lot of issues with moisture getting into the distributor cap. with all the rain that sounds like a def possibility to me. so im gonna go ahead and change that cap and rotor with the plugs too.

basically im hoping its anything but the fuel pump. i've changed like 4 of those in my life now and they've always been a nightmare. buddy of mine had to do his once and hated the job so bad- before he hooked the fuel tank back up, he cut a removable panel into the bed of his pickup so he could access it again in the future without having to drop the tank.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    I just got a message from a friend of mine that got back from Florida last night. She went out of her way to stop at Hayleigh's favorite beach spot and she said she brought me back a shell from there. I'm going to end the day on that good note.

This is fantastic!! <3 it's the little things sometimes that seem so big...
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    it just won't turn over.

could be the ignition as well... That's what happened to me. tried all sorts of stuff before that...