What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    pickup wouldn't start this morning. ain't the battery because it's cranking and got plenty of power it seems.
    it just won't turn over.
    i can hear the fuel pump turning on so its not that.
    no grinding or anything so hopefully not the starter either.
    maybe plugs and wires? gonna throw some new ones on this weekend. they needed to be changed anyhow.
    its been raining a ton here lately. and it hasn't been running badly at all. its possible something got wet and i won't know until it dries out now.

It could still be something with the fuel pump even if you hear it buzzing. Without trying to explain everything over text, check out this video. Good luck:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=064Ilsz8Fzg

reading up online seems like my year model and engine has a lot of issues with moisture getting into the distributor cap. with all the rain that sounds like a def possibility to me. so im gonna go ahead and change that cap and rotor with the plugs too.

basically im hoping its anything but the fuel pump. i've changed like 4 of those in my life now and they've always been a nightmare. buddy of mine had to do his once and hated the job so bad- before he hooked the fuel tank back up, he cut a removable panel into the bed of his pickup so he could access it again in the future without having to drop the tank.

Hope that’s the fix.

I used to have air suspension on an S10 that I owned and dragged through a handful of gas tanks (my own fault) so I’ve had my fair share of gas tank/fuel pump ordeals. Depending on the truck, sometimes it’s a lot easier to take the bed off. You’ll need some friends to help lift the bed off but usually it’s only a few bolts holding it on. After that, the gas tank is a lot easier to work on.
    However...the access panel idea was a smart move.

yeah i actually put a new pump in this one maybe 6 years ago now i think, and that's exactly what we did- just unbolted and lifted the bed off. either way im hoping i ain't gotta go that route again.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Time for coffee, yeay!!!
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Men talking cars, so sexy! <3;):D
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    I need a nap before tonight
  • competeagain2x
    competeagain2x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Freakin bored
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,155 Member
    Options
    LilWolfBb wrote: »
    Trying to figure out how to eat pizza without really eating pizza.
    LilWolfBb wrote: »
    Trying to figure out how to eat pizza without really eating pizza.

Just smell someones pizza becuase no one can stop you from *kitten* smelling as many *kitten* PIZZAS AS YOU WANT!

And lick their face!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get worried that the pancakes I eat will turn into a monster and eat me from the inside out.

qt0t8ahhcmpy.jpg
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Hope no one is paying attention when I murmur ouch ouch with every step, Leg day was a *kitten* yesterday
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options

Well we knew we would need more juice for the next round, I tree'ed the guy but his ride was a bit faster,,,Knew we would have to be quicker next go. So we decided to kick the yellow juice to 88% , jumped the high speed bypass pill by 2%, locked the clutches .02 sec. earlier, and bumped the mags 2 degrees,, This *kitten* should pull like a freight train at the 660 and like a rocket at the 1000 ' mark.

With any luck if I don't screw the tree and she doesn't kick the rods out through the lights we oughta have another win!

:D:D

• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »

Well we knew we would need more juice for the next round, I tree'ed the guy but his ride was a bit faster,,,Knew we would have to be quicker next go. So we decided to kick the yellow juice to 88% , jumped the high speed bypass pill by 2%, locked the clutches .02 sec. earlier, and bumped the mags 2 degrees,, This *kitten* should pull like a freight train at the 660 and like a rocket at the 1000 ' mark.

With any luck if I don't screw the tree and she doesn't kick the rods out through the lights we oughta have another win!

Now you've done it! :wink:
    got me all worked up........

• Tigg_er
    Options

Now you've done it! :wink:
    got me all worked up........

j2d4ve06jf7j.jpg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Why is it that some pm are easily going through to some people but others it just will not send 😡
  • Tigg_er
    Options
    Why is it that some pm are easily going through to some people but others it just will not send 😡

Cause MFP ;)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Cause MFP ;)

😖 frustrating as always..
  • Tigg_er
    Options

Cause MFP ;)

😖 frustrating as always..

I try not to be o:)