The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    It's my happy day. Skated this morning. Curling practice this afternoon

But it's sooooooo cold. I might have to give in and break out my winter coat

Sounds like we live in a similar climate. It is TOO early for winter!

Ugh I am just doing sweaters under my fall jacket still. I don't want to be wearing down in October
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all.
    I skated this morning and had a fun class there. Next up watching my friend play again then Friday nite curling.
    So at skating I've decided to attempt something that I can't tell my husband or he'll get upset. I haven't done jumps in years and since I'm injured and cannot do my team skating I figured why not attempt a jump. I picked the axel which is shrouded in mystique since its a frigging hard jump. I figured out the entry now just have to get up the nerve to rotate it.

Last time I did this would have been 35 years ago. What better thing to attempt when you have a torn rotator cuff..... Right?
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Friday all.
    I skated this morning and had a fun class there. Next up watching my friend play again then Friday nite curling.
    So at skating I've decided to attempt something that I can't tell my husband or he'll get upset. I haven't done jumps in years and since I'm injured and cannot do my team skating I figured why not attempt a jump. I picked the axel which is shrouded in mystique since its a frigging hard jump. I figured out the entry now just have to get up the nerve to rotate it.

Last time I did this would have been 35 years ago. What better thing to attempt when you have a torn rotator cuff..... Right?

Do be very careful. You can't curl with a cast on (I think). Good luck with the jump.
  • joha5603
    joha5603 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Just found this group! And just this morning I was thinking about how I'm about a month into 43 years old and it feels sooooooo good!
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    joha5603 wrote: »
    Just found this group! And just this morning I was thinking about how I'm about a month into 43 years old and it feels sooooooo good!

Welcome.
  • stefanb73
    stefanb73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Just getting going. 45 years old (young). Focused on getting in shape for ski season and healthy lifestyle. Feel free to add me.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    stefanb73 wrote: »
    Hey all. Just getting going. 45 years old (young). Focused on getting in shape for ski season and healthy lifestyle. Feel free to add me.

Welcome aboard
  • joha5603
    Options
    What's the reason for adding folks as friends? Please help. I don't really know anyone personally so is it just a weird "oh la la, you're cute" kind of thing? Like Tinder for calorie-counters? HA! Oh man, I crack myself up.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    What's the reason for adding folks as friends? Please help. I don't really know anyone personally so is it just a weird "oh la la, you're cute" kind of thing? Like Tinder for calorie-counters? HA! Oh man, I crack myself up.

Motivation mainly. You can post directly to your home page and anyone you are friends with will see it and can comment on it. Offer support and encouragement, advice, etc. It's completely optional.
  • joha5603
    Options
    Ppl can see what I eat?!?!!? My, my. Good thing we're not logging our bathroom habits too.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Ppl can see what I eat?!?!!? My, my. Good thing we're not logging our bathroom habits too.

Only if you make your food diary public. I don't so no one can see mine.
  • joha5603
    Options
    Hmmmm.... I don't know. As a general rule, I don't take advice from strangers.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options

That's why it's all optional. The app itself is helpful without anything else and many people use it that way.
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

The nice thing is you get to decide who those strangers are. People are here for many different reasons and finding "strangers" that share the same vision is the key (unless you just want to collect friends). You will quickly find out if the advice is worth taking and if the individual is knowledgeable. I happen to know some things that have worked for me to add size and strength by eating in surplus before I start cutting but that's not very valuable for someone trying to lose years of added weight.

Be selective.
  • Mjbs_83
    Mjbs_83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can I join? 35 :)
  • joha5603
    Options
    I think I'll just keep it private. Nothing worse than unsolicited advice. I'm using this mainly as a tracking/recording tool for myself.
  • mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi all from Beaverton, OR. Starting over at 54, please feel free to add me. I could use all the "age appropriate" support I can get.
  • MrsBennett2015
    MrsBennett2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! 42 this month. I'm on a low carb low sugar diet. Add me if you like!!!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    I think friends can help you stay on track and push you when you are not feeling it.
  • ClevelandMike159
    ClevelandMike159 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    37, just getting back on MFP after a few month hiatus. Always looking for motivational friends. Feel free to add!