Women in their 40s!

Replies

• leahk80
    leahk80 Posts: 114 Member
    Hello, I'm in my late 40's and have been gone from this community for quite a long time. But I had a health scare and really need to step it up. I need to lose close to 100 lbs for me to be healthy. I know this will be a long journey and I will have ups and downs, but i'm ready! I will need all the encouragement and inspiration I can get. Thanks so much! please feel free to add me :smile:
  • lillypade
    lillypade Posts: 77 Member
    edited September 2018
    Hi I’m 41. It gets harder to lose weight as we age. I am looking to lose 10-15 lbs. and tone. I have been unmotivated. I live n the country and no one around here wants to walk. And the closest gym is 1 HOUR away. I need some motivation. Please add me
  • lemonita12
    lemonita12 Posts: 52 Member
    Hi everyone. I am 42 and need to loose about 22 lbs. I have lost some over the summer and put on more after. Please feel free to add me! x
  • s1ssysdk
    s1ssysdk Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone. I am 42 and starting once again. I've got about 45lbs to lose and could really use some accountability friends and people who understand what this journey is like. Feel free to add me!
  • Katreise
    Katreise Posts: 8 Member
    Hi Ladies Im Katreise and i am 47 years old and i am struggling just staying motivated! my PMS is kicking my but..i have these bouts of energy then CRASH! im out for 2-3 weeks just tired. BUT...i started taking iron I forgot all about it! So im glad to say i have more energy but some days the dragging is real!
  • Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Hey! I am 42 and looking to lose 30 to 40 more lbs. I finally got back into exercise so that helps! Now to stay motivated!!!
  • reggoeller
    reggoeller Posts: 7 Member
    Hi all! Is this still an active group?? I’d love some accountability friends. 😊
  • basmaaantwan
    basmaaantwan Posts: 2 Member
    Hi . I’m 47 and I need to lose 30 pounds . I know with motivation and positive attitude we can achieve the loss . Good luck everyone :)
  • Good Morning Ladies!!!! It's great to see some new faces here :) I hope everyone has a Fabulous Hump Day!!!
  • kenkel4
    kenkel4 Posts: 60 Member
    Happy almost weekend, friends! I had a four pound gain this week while being in extreme back pain, but I am back on track and feeling better.
  • hubsal
    hubsal Posts: 1 Member
    I’m new to this app and looking for some accountability. 41 years old and looking to lose 10 pounds. :)
  • Viki_Mazsi
    Viki_Mazsi Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I'm also 41. I'm from Hungary. Pls add me as friend.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Ironlady70 wrote: »
    Almost 49 and started my weightloss journey when I was 46 1/2 (130 down added 20 back in muscle) all with PCOS, celiac, anemia, a fractured spine, major shoulder injuries and degenerating lower back discs to name a few things If I can do it anyone can :)

Yaaasssss!!!!!!! You rock!! I love that you didn't let excuses get in your way. You are awesome.
  • TrayMGray
    TrayMGray Posts: 3 Member
    Looking for motivating Pals... I'm 10lbs from my goal..Motivation slowly slipping away.
  • nhwexdfskkbt.png
    Happy Friday Lovely Ladies, I hope you all have an incredible weekend!!
  • kenkel4
    kenkel4 Posts: 60 Member
    TrayMGray wrote: »
    Looking for motivating Pals... I'm 10lbs from my goal..Motivation slowly slipping away.

I’m 10 lbs from goal too!!!! It’s going so slow and so frustrating
  • shayulls1
    shayulls1 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi everyone 👋 I'm 48 & hit a wall or plateau or whatever y'all want to call it. I started seriously dropping pounds February 2018. I was on the phone with a friend near tears about how fat I let myself get emphatically exclaiming that I had no idea how this happened, I'm trying real hard & nothing is happening. What are you eating, she says as I bite into some kettle chips. I tell her & just hearing me say this, it all comes pouring out. The very next morning I started a heinous 500 calorie diet & 10,000 step goal. This worked & I dropped 45 pounds. I just downloaded this app because I'm not getting anywhere, & I need something to remind me that A chip or 2 fine, A bite of cake is fine...3 donuts is not a good idea (I really need someone to come by & knock that outta my hand before I get it to my mouth!) But I want to help motivate & receive motivation.
  • jbug1792
    jbug1792 Posts: 3 Member
    I’m almost 42. Losing weight is so much harder. I never had to worry about my weight much when I was younger. Im about 25 lbs overweight. I have to find the motivation to do this.
    Typically I’ll get all gung ho and start out great, lose a lb or two and start sliding right back. Don’t know what’s wrong with me other than I love carbs. Lol
  • ltlsnbl75
    ltlsnbl75 Posts: 36 Member
    Happy Wednesday ladies. I was starting to lose weight and was doing good. Then I fell off the wagon and gained back half of what I lost. Now granted I only gained 5 lbs back but that still drives me crazy. I also have to lower my Cholesterol so I need to get back on track