The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Friends are nice to have here since we're all kinda doing the same thing. Trying to get healthier.

I have made several friends here who have become real life friends. I've had a few visit even. It's nice to find like minded people.
  • smitjere
    smitjere Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking to add accountability. Been able to maintain for 3 months, now want to lose about 7 more pounds. 165 goal weight.

If you’re willing to help, it would be appreciated. I will try to help as well. 46 year old.
  • stanlfink
    stanlfink Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I’m 56 too !!!! like a few of the others that have posted. Please add me too! I’ll be inspirational. 👍

I’m Feeling great and doing well. Running a 10k next week 🏃 , belong to a crossfit, gym 🏋️‍♀️ and yoga 🧘‍♂️.

Thanks!!! 🙏

Stan
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Have a great Saturday.
  • TX_Sheepdog
    TX_Sheepdog Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    I think friends can help you stay on track and push you when you are not feeling it.

That happens to all of us during our journey. Friends are key on those days/weeks we just aren’t feeling it
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Anna28518 wrote: »
    Good morning all! Have a great Saturday.

Good morning all..

Have a great day Anna
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all! Time for a hike. Hope you’re doing something healthy and fun today.
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Saturday leg day in the books. Enjoy the day people.
  • dpanagiotakos
    dpanagiotakos Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Recently I switched to intermittent fasting and eating carnivore (meat, chicken, and fish only). Feel so much better and getting leaner. Feel free to add me.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Recently I switched to intermittent fasting and eating carnivore (meat, chicken, and fish only). Feel so much better and getting leaner. Feel free to add me.

Are you doing paleo?
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    dkjk1105 wrote: »
    joha5603 wrote: »
    Hmmmm.... I don't know. As a general rule, I don't take advice from strangers.

The nice thing is you get to decide who those strangers are. People are here for many different reasons and finding "strangers" that share the same vision is the key (unless you just want to collect friends). You will quickly find out if the advice is worth taking and if the individual is knowledgeable. I happen to know some things that have worked for me to add size and strength by eating in surplus before I start cutting but that's not very valuable for someone trying to lose years of added weight.

Be selective.

I'm a lover of food folks and fun...the food is why I'm here😏

but as a work from home mom, who only really interacts with family etc...it's nice to joke and laugh with others as.well get healthy and maybe learn a thing or twenty!👍

....I'm pretty positive and try to make others laugh and feel happy.too..even if.we aren't friends in.rl....it's helpful to me as an outgoing person to.do so😁

....that and all my family is sick of my same old stories😠😏😁

Take it for what it is....it all.about what you want from.it.... And privacy settings are your friend!😉😁

Have a great weekend pals! (Or not 😘) see?! Lol🌼
  • Anna022119
    Options
    That's brilliant Steven! Pics look fab too.
  • Anna022119
    Options
    dkjk1105 wrote: »
    Saturday leg day in the books. Enjoy the day people.

Nice one! Have a great day. 👍
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Anna28518 wrote: »
    That's brilliant Steven! Pics look fab too.

Thanks Anna. I have a lot of great places around me like this.
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Omg those pics are incredible!!! I would love to walk that route and 3 miles is awesome!👍
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Omg those pics are incredible!!! I would love to walk that route and 3 miles is awesome!👍

Thank you. I live in the smallest state in the country but we have some beautiful nature here. Anything from wooded areas to seashore.
  • Lynnell4
    Lynnell4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A place for us middle agers to become friends and share fitness advice. Feel free to add me!

Hi looking for friends in the same age group! Feel free to add me!
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    @stevenringeling Wow, gorgeous pics! Love it!
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    @stevenringeling Wow, gorgeous pics! Love it!

Thanks Amy.