Stay At Home Mommies Unite! 60 Day Challenge Week 5

Options

Replies

• NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    I need everyone to post there calorie goals for the week in the spreadsheet please.
    Thanks Karie
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I vote for blue team's recipe. Sounds very light and fruity which is exactly what I like in a dessert!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    I need everyone to post there calorie goals for the week in the spreadsheet please.
    Thanks Karie

I'm not on the spreadsheet:sad: , I'm going to set my goal at 2000, just where doyou want me to log my progress til I have a team?
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Thanks Karie

I'm not on the spreadsheet:sad: , I'm going to set my goal at 2000, just where doyou want me to log my progress til I have a team?

I am sorry I fixed it! You are an awesome member of our team and an OG member, Have a great day!
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I vote Green Team's recipe all the way.. omg I just might have to make them today lol.
  • circusmom
    Options
    I'm voting for the monkey bars, my kids would love them.
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm torn between Team Yellow and Team Green! I'm such a chocohaloic! LOL!

That said ... I'm gonna vote for the Monkey bars ~ Team Yellow! I think my kids would LOVE them! And I have all that stuff in my kitchen and will HAVE to try to make them real soon!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I vote for team Greens recipe those sound So yummy!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:

I've used every excuse in the book. My personal favorite has been "I've never been skinny. Even as a kid I was fit but still thick". Which is true. What bothers me about this is my continued use of it even now. I use it as justification to limit my expectations of myself. Never realized that until this challenge was posted, because it forced me to think about it. In all honesty, since I've never been slim I'm scared to let myself hope that I may one day be slim, fit, and dare I say pretty?!?

This may be a bit of a tangent, so forgive me if I'm off topic, but I wonder if anyone else feels that words like "pretty" are reserved for the thin, slim and petite? I am big boned. I have a large structure. Sure, I also have a lot of excess fat currently residing on that structure but it doesn't take away from the fact that I have hips and shoulders and most likely, once I lose all the weight I hope/plan to lose I will have a very curvy, hourglass type of figure. Realistically, this means that I may still wear a size 10/12 even once I hit my goal. So how will I feel? All my life I've defined myself with words like :cute, funny, quirky, safe, sturdy, adorable, thick, strong. Lately, since I've been so much more aware of my body as well as my own thoughts and feelings about it, I wonder: will I EVER feel like I am justified in using a word like "pretty" or gosh, can I even say it now "sexy" to define my own appeaance? I don't know. But I hope to.

Back to the inital point of the challenge: how do I stop myself from falling back in to the "I''m heavy because..." attitude. Well, I guess I haven't done that yet. But I will. From now on, I'm going to strive to hope, to believe in the thin, slim, fit and pretty version of me that I know is buried soemwhere beneath about 90lbs of excess. It may take time, but I choose to believe that one day I'll look in the mirror and like what I see. And until that day, I'm done with excuses! I got to 261lbs by being lazy and sloppy in my choices. That's a reality. I've gotten to 232.6lbs by busting my butt and making healthy choices that will lead to a longer, happier, healthier life. Also a reality. And I'm gonna get to 140lbs by continuing to make those positive choices. Future reality.

Lynda
  • circusmom
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:

I've used every excuse in the book. My personal favorite has been "I've never been skinny. Even as a kid I was fit but still thick". Which is true. What bothers me about this is my continued use of it even now. I use it as justification to limit my expectations of myself. Never realized that until this challenge was posted, because it forced me to think about it. In all honesty, since I've never been slim I'm scared to let myself hope that I may one day be slim, fit, and dare I say pretty?!?

This may be a bit of a tangent, so forgive me if I'm off topic, but I wonder if anyone else feels that words like "pretty" are reserved for the thin, slim and petite? I am big boned. I have a large structure. Sure, I also have a lot of excess fat currently residing on that structure but it doesn't take away from the fact that I have hips and shoulders and most likely, once I lose all the weight I hope/plan to lose I will have a very curvy, hourglass type of figure. Realistically, this means that I may still wear a size 10/12 even once I hit my goal. So how will I feel? All my life I've defined myself with words like :cute, funny, quirky, safe, sturdy, adorable, thick, strong. Lately, since I've been so much more aware of my body as well as my own thoughts and feelings about it, I wonder: will I EVER feel like I am justified in using a word like "pretty" or gosh, can I even say it now "sexy" to define my own appeaance? I don't know. But I hope to.

Back to the inital point of the challenge: how do I stop myself from falling back in to the "I''m heavy because..." attitude. Well, I guess I haven't done that yet. But I will. From now on, I'm going to strive to hope, to believe in the thin, slim, fit and pretty version of me that I know is buried soemwhere beneath about 90lbs of excess. It may take time, but I choose to believe that one day I'll look in the mirror and like what I see. And until that day, I'm done with excuses! I got to 261lbs by being lazy and sloppy in my choices. That's a reality. I've gotten to 232.6lbs by busting my butt and making healthy choices that will lead to a longer, happier, healthier life. Also a reality. And I'm gonna get to 140lbs by continuing to make those positive choices. Future reality.

Lynda

Pretty comes from the inside, when you believe it on the inside you will shine it on the outside!!!
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Blah. Anyone have lots of loose skin? I took my usual weekly pictures, and even though I'm losing weight, I feel like I'm looking bigger. My tummy is just full of loose skin :( I was so excited to take my first pictures in the 140s and they were so disappointing! Anyway, that's my little rant of the day. Stupid loose skin!
  • circusmom
    Options
    Blah. Anyone have lots of loose skin? I took my usual weekly pictures, and even though I'm losing weight, I feel like I'm looking bigger. My tummy is just full of loose skin :( I was so excited to take my first pictures in the 140s and they were so disappointing! Anyway, that's my little rant of the day. Stupid loose skin!

Are you lifting weights at all? Firming up your muscles will help with the saggy skin. And keep up the good work!!
  • MichelleLydia
    Options

Are you lifting weights at all? Firming up your muscles will help with the saggy skin. And keep up the good work!!

Thanks :) I am doing minimal weight lifting (if you can call it that!) I only have 5 lb. dumbells but I do most of my workouts with them. I have no access to a gym, so that's the best I can do. Ah well, I know it will eventually go away if I keep working at it, just want it gone now!
  • Purplefly
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:

Lynda

Sounds like you are in the right frame of mind now to me:) I think if you are happy and confident in your own skin, no matter its size people are attracted to you. Think of like I dunno Queen Latifah, shes not a tiny person but she is attractive and real and I think people respect that.

I worry about everyones daughters now and what they see portrayed , wondering if my own wont feel happy and accepted if she doesnt fit into that "pretty" category shoved in our faces everyday by tv,magazines etc. I am hoping that her seeing me happier and healthier because Im taking better care of myself will show her that you dont need to look like a model to be happy or sexy.
  • circusmom
    Options

Thanks :) I am doing minimal weight lifting (if you can call it that!) I only have 5 lb. dumbells but I do most of my workouts with them. I have no access to a gym, so that's the best I can do. Ah well, I know it will eventually go away if I keep working at it, just want it gone now!

A gallon milk jug weighs 8lbs...take two and put them on the ends of a broom stick (broom-end removed of course), and now you have a 16lbs barbell. I know your laughing, but that's what I used for a while. Money's tight and for awhile I couldn't justify spending on bumbells
  • linake11
    linake11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

A gallon milk jug weighs 8lbs...take two and put them on the ends of a broom stick (broom-end removed of course), and now you have a 16lbs barbell. I know your laughing, but that's what I used for a while. Money's tight and for awhile I couldn't justify spending on bumbells

That is an awesom idea!! Way to think of something to use. :)
  • MichelleLydia
    Options

That's an awesome improvisation, thanks for the idea! Guess I gotta buy some milk!
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    ahh keep losing this post!!!! how's everyone doing??
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi Deanna,
    So glad you found us! I am doing okay not such a great burn today, I am getting a bit nervous about my goal..

Ladies-
    You should all watch out for the PINK TEAM they are kickin some calories!!!!!!!!
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:
    What excuses have you made (to yourself or others) in the past for your weight, and how do you stop yourself from falling back into the "I am heavy because...." attitude?

I have made so many excuses over the years. When I was a teenager it was “Big bones”, when I was in college it was the “freshman 15” or more. When I got married it was stress, and starting birth control. More recently it was “I just had a baby, I am not supposed to look perfect.” Now it has been over a year since I had that baby and I am still more then over weight.
    Now, things have changed. One day I realized that those were all excuses and totally invalid ones at that. I realized that not being able to keep up with my son was a huge problem and it was affecting both of us. My relationship with my husband was changing and I didn’t want that. Everything combined plus my desire to feel good got me started. What keeps me going is the support that I have found, and the way that I feel now. I finally have some energy and I don’t feel sick because of what I am putting into my body. I think being able to remember how terrible I felt about myself, and remembering how sick I felt because of over eating, I am able to keep myself from going back to that attitude of making excuses for myself.