What I Hate About Watching My Weight/New Lifestyle/Dieting, etc. (A Place to Vent)

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    I find judgement from other people when I say "no thank you" to whatever they're offering pretty annoying also.

This!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Kiyomoo wrote: »
    When you get a sudden craving for a certain food, but if you eat it, it would put you over your calorie limit for the day.

Or when you fit it into your day, eat it and it's not as great as you thought it'd be...

RIGHT?!? I hate wasting the delicious points (calories) on non-delicious foods! :mad:

Gluten-free bakeries catch me out every time! On the rare occasions I'm in the vicinity of one I'm absolutely fine with spending calories on something fresh and delicious. I hate it when I pick something that doesn't taste any better than something I can get packaged at Safeway. And no, there's no way I'm saving calories by just not eating more than a bite. Just no way. :(

YES. It's like, OOH, OK, yay, gluten-free cookie! And then it *sucks*, and it's all, "OK, wait, WTF did I waste my calories on this?"
  • tiffyork
    tiffyork Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Having to sacrifice my social life because alcohol has calories
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    When things don't add up, but the scale decides to bump on up the wrong direction for days in a row.

The past week, my activity was significantly more than the past couple months. Between a conference at work that had me walking more than 3X my normal daily steps, followed by a race weekend, and the entire time I did a pretty good job of sticking to my meal plan, avoiding all the treats, avoiding the sodas, etc, etc - and the past three days (now that I'm back home and eating "normally") I've "gained" nearly a pound a day!!

Now, I know there's no way on this earth I ate that much food, and I know it's probably all water weight between the activity and higher sodium meals, but it's still SUPER frustrating when you tried to make good choices (when the worse choices were right there in front of you), and the scale just decides to throw a bit "F-YOU" in your face every morning.

Yup. Practically doubled my activity levels last week. Weighed all my foods and came in about 1.5k under (net) due to exercise, and ended up gaining 1.5 lbs. wtf? I'm clearly bulking B)

This is random, but what are the icons on your profile pic? I see a few people with the same ones.