What I Hate About Watching My Weight/New Lifestyle/Dieting, etc. (A Place to Vent)

Options

Replies

• 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My trick for the foods that are troublesome for me is to do some NLP and program them so that they are disgusting to me. Have to refresh it every now and then but it can be very effective.

What is NLP and how do you program a food that you like into something you hate? I am so in...
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »
    "WILL YOU PLEASE STOP OFFERING ME YOUR FOOD YOU DON'T WANT TO EAT!"

Is what I would like to shout at some people.

Seriously though, I had to turn down cakes like 5 times yesterday, from the same person! Although one was by someone else on her behalf. Someone, who I would point out, had just refused the cake herself.

I suppose I'm more sensitive to this because I did used to be the human hoover, eating up anything my friends didn't want. But still!

Don't you just hate when you are kept being offered stuff over and over - a no should be taken as a no. Its very annoying. When someone does that to me now I say a very firm no thanks, I'm full. It usually works so I think its all in how we say no :smiley:

#MeTooCakeEdition
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »
    "WILL YOU PLEASE STOP OFFERING ME YOUR FOOD YOU DON'T WANT TO EAT!"

Is what I would like to shout at some people.

Seriously though, I had to turn down cakes like 5 times yesterday, from the same person! Although one was by someone else on her behalf. Someone, who I would point out, had just refused the cake herself.

I suppose I'm more sensitive to this because I did used to be the human hoover, eating up anything my friends didn't want. But still!

Don't you just hate when you are kept being offered stuff over and over - a no should be taken as a no. Its very annoying. When someone does that to me now I say a very firm no thanks, I'm full. It usually works so I think its all in how we say no :smiley:

#MeTooCakeEdition
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    That I can’t eat a pint of Ben and Jerry’s every night. I sooooo want to!

@quiksylver296 Well there are diet ones like Halo Top that is delicious! Around 300cals for the whole pint. I love them ♥
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Calildur wrote: »
    My biggest issue is my off days. Especially weekend. Since my workout sessions are on weekdays I usually end up having nothing to do on weekends. That's when my cravings and my laziness to do something turn to the maximum, which usually end up in some kind of small slip up. Than I start hating myself untill it's Monday again and I can go to workout. My trainer doesn't work on weekends and I find it hard to go alone to the gym.

@Calildur You could find activities that you enjoy and that get you moving during the weekend! Maybe indoor wall climbing, hiking, a walk in the park, cycling, going for lessons of martial arts or anything really! Just a few ideas. Congrats on your weight loss! ox
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I get tired of making my food... I wish they had healthy low cal food for delivery.

There may be delivery options you haven't found yet - in my town there's one Italian place which has healthy salads, pasta, and wraps, a deli which has a few healthy options, and a Chinese place which will happily cook off-the-menu stir fry with minimal oil and sauce. Get on the internet and check to make sure there's nothing local you are overlooking!

I find it very easy to find healthy meals ordered from just about any restaurant. I request things cooked differently, no butter, etc.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    xmarye wrote: »

@quiksylver296 Well there are diet ones like Halo Top that is delicious! Around 300cals for the whole pint. I love them ♥

I tried the strawberry cheesecake Enlightened this week - is good. Gooooood.

Bananas Foster is my FAV!!!!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    xmarye wrote: »

I tried the strawberry cheesecake Enlightened this week - is good. Gooooood.

WHAT!!! WHERE!!! lol
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    OddDitty wrote: »
    I think the thing that bugs me the most is how the grocery stores are laid out. What hits you when you first go in? Well, if it's not a hot food deli, its a fast food place, a barbeque or bakery. They know the odors get your brain going and you really have to resist the temptations. I know its more for convenience than anything else but really?

One day I was squeezing a melon and this poor woman on a store scooter pulled up next to me. I moved aside so she could get to them. She looked up at me and smiled then said, quite seriously: "better get something healthy to counter all this other stuff, hey?" I looked in her basket and she had deli meats, fried foods in bags and several cartons of potato and macaroni salads. I felt like telling her that she was going to only make her problem worse but I've learned that most people already know this. They're just choosing to self-delude.

WalMart places the produce right next to the bakery and deli. Which seems rather defeating because you're stuck smelling the other stuff. And I think they know this. I kind of have to hold my nose when I shop there, until I get to the meat department.

HEB has a barbeque place at one door as you first come in and all the bath and body works type stuff at the other end when you first go in. So I always go in that end when I shop there.

Does anyone remember when they told us to shop only the parameter of the store because "all the good stuff" is on the outside? I believe marketing experts caught on.

There's something else that bugs me as well. And this has to do with health care. And no, this isn't a political statement. It's just a fact. I'm on tricare prime. But I think this is pretty much true of all medical insurance plans.
    Including medicaid and medicare.

To one degree or another, medical insurance seems to prefer to clean up the mess rather than focus on prevention and help to prevent. They'll pay for everything but prevention measures. Often a dietician is out of pocket (since mine is military it's free but when I didn't live at the base area, I had to pay out of pocket- with a pretty high deductible.)

Personally I think there should be a healthy weight incentive. That if a person is willing to work to get, say, to a better BMI, they will be compensated by the government for the cost of their healthier groceries every month.

Now I know this seems invasive. But if its VOLUNTARY, and a doctor or clinic is willing to keep and log the accurate weight and BMI changes, and the person scans in their grocery receipts regularly, why not do this to encourage people? It doesn't have to ALL of the grocery bill, just maybe 20% of it? Kind of like when you use EBATES?

I would do it in a heartbeat!

Okay so there's my rant lol.

Some health insurance do have incentive like that, mine give you up to $300 back a year if you do certain things, like take the "classes" that they have on line, they'll give you so much back for your gym membership...