Rant alert, I really need to vent!

Options
13»

Replies

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    @SaraKim17 no don't worry it's just a figure of speech, he did swear a lot though :D
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    It's the thought that counts I guess. If my wife took offence at all the well meaning, but on reflection utterly clueless, presents I had given over the years I would have made an appearance on Judge Judy years ago!

Is there a reason that you can't simply say thanks to your OH for thinking about you but the goodies don't align with your goals so could you take them into work to share or something like that?
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Boys are stupid... :laugh:

:flowerforyou:

And clueless. I'd say mainly clueless :lol:

I'd say oblivious.

Otoh was that your coping mechanism before OP? With all the frustration you wouldn't have eaten extra doughnuts? (still oblivious though since you've been on this path for two years)
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Options

In Hubby's putative defense, there's a quote from some old Roman senator that goes something like:
    "Never mistake for malice that which is just as easily attributable to incompetence."
    Some day, I'm going to cross-stitch that on a pillow. ;)

That would make a great malicious gift for a co-worker or a boss
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    people in my office are feeders! they bring in cakes, sweets, biscuits....you name it...it makes me want to cry as i get so frustrated then they are like "c'mon have one!" the pressure. and If i have to have something i end up shoving 80% of it in the bin which then makes me feel like i have some sort of disorder.
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    MsBaz2018 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Boys are stupid... :laugh:

:flowerforyou:

And clueless. I'd say mainly clueless :lol:

I'd say oblivious.

Otoh was that your coping mechanism before OP? With all the frustration you wouldn't have eaten extra doughnuts? (still oblivious though since you've been on this path for two years)

2 years ago I would have eaten my fair share, any other time I would have had one quite happily and factor it in during the course of the week, just right now with my 4 week deadline I'm trying to be really careful and after declining to go out for lunch I was so annoyed that he'd brought donuts - our conversation had obviously gone in 1 ear and out the other.
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    people in my office are feeders! they bring in cakes, sweets, biscuits....you name it...it makes me want to cry as i get so frustrated then they are like "c'mon have one!" the pressure. and If i have to have something i end up shoving 80% of it in the bin which then makes me feel like i have some sort of disorder.

Ah that's not fair, I "take mine home for later" it appeases them a little
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    A person who thinks that others are required to eat something just because they shove it in their faces is the one with a problem, and I wouldn't feel a moment of guilt about refusing. My wife knows that I eat according to a set amount of calories and macros every day, and if she brings something home that doesn't fit, I'm not eating it.

Stuffing yourself with food you don't want in order to appease someone and/or feeling guilty over wasted food is allowing others to manipulate you - food is fuel and not a social or emotional crutch.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    @SaraKim17 no don't worry it's just a figure of speech, he did swear a lot though :D

Thanks for reassuring me! :)
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Eat one and dump the rest.

I thought about sharing them out at work, can't waste good food.

You'll make points with your co-workers for sure and not consume needless calories yourself - win win, I'd say. As for your husband, I'd call him a thoughful idiot. Boys! Meaning well and than hitting so far off the mark :wink:

I posted that before reading through the whole thread! Your cat is a keeper. Also, he's stunning!
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    Eat one and dump the rest.

I thought about sharing them out at work, can't waste good food.

You'll make points with your co-workers for sure and not consume needless calories yourself - win win, I'd say. As for your husband, I'd call him a thoughful idiot. Boys! Meaning well and than hitting so far off the mark :wink:

I posted that before reading through the whole thread! Your cat is a keeper. Also, he's stunning!

He pays more attention than my husband, that's for sure :D:D:D:D