Lose 20lbs by Feb 1st Accountability Buddies

Options
1141517192034

Replies

  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I'm going to list my weight as relative for now. All are cumulative from challenge start date/weight and not per week.

    10/8: baseline start
    10/15: -1.4
    10/22: -2.0
    10/29: -5.2
  • phoebedicarlo8003
    Options
    I’m in! Somewhere around 190 and my son is getting married. Joined a fitness center today is my first day.
  • HeathieM
    HeathieM Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Challenge weekly weigh in

    Challenge SW: 212

    10.14: 210.8
    10.21: 210.6
    10.29: 212.2

    Ugh. Another month not losing weight. Ive been going up and down the same three pounds since the end of June- i was 213 when i joined MFP. At the beginning of the challenge, i started strong lifts and tightened up my tracking. And for nothing. I go to bed hungry daily and lift heavy three times a week. FFS. Im so frustrated and discouraged.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @HeathieM - Do you use a scale to weigh all your food? That makes such a big difference when tracking and is really the best way to be accurate.
  • Angelaxx1965
    Angelaxx1965 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in goal by Feb 200lbs
  • HeathieM
    HeathieM Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    No i just measure. i never eat back any exercise calories and i set my calorie calculator to lose one pound a week with a sedentary activity level but i cook and clean and do yard work so i figured it would all balance out... at least enough to give me a weight loss deficit. Guess not.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Try getting a scale. It can make a big difference. I think mine only cost me $20 from Target.
  • HeathieM
    HeathieM Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'll do that. Guess i'm still eating too much to lose weight = (
  • mamiedibella
    mamiedibella Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Was 208 April 2018, currently 168 with short term goal of 150 long term goal 125. i'm not having too much trouble controlling as long as I get quality protein. No matter how hard I try carbs keep piling up, any suggestions for low carb meals under 400 cals
  • bcnieto
    bcnieto Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Count me in
  • milly1218
    milly1218 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love this!
    de8p53uc0qcz.jpg

    I've been using this (as well as logging here) to give me a visual representation of what I've lost or gained each week if it's of any help to anyone

  • GW4321
    GW4321 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I think losing 20lbs is the perfect goal for me.

    SW- 233 (10/29)
  • milly1218
    milly1218 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party but would like to join. Since I missed a month I'll shoot for 15 by Feb.
  • aspellman2
    aspellman2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well please, today's weight is 194.8
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    HeathieM wrote: »
    Ugh. Another month not losing weight. Ive been going up and down the same three pounds since the end of June- i was 213 when i joined MFP. At the beginning of the challenge, i started strong lifts and tightened up my tracking. And for nothing. I go to bed hungry daily and lift heavy three times a week. FFS. Im so frustrated and discouraged.

    Weigh everything - measuring is probably underestimating calories. I used the Scooby Calculator (google it) to get a more accurate calorie allotment and it gave me about 1500 per day with no exercise. That works for me as a baseline. I consistently lose as long as I log everything and weigh. When I stop doing that, even though I know how to eat healthy and make good choices, I overeat and gain. It's also important to update your figures every five pounds to see if your calorie amount changes.
  • delrica
    delrica Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Short term goal 20lbs. Lower back and knee pain starting. I CANNOT. I'm going to the gym tonight. I need accountability because my willpower sucks. Thanks everyone.
  • pjmfitforme
    pjmfitforme Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    10/6-181.4
    10/13-181.2
    10/20-182.6
    10/27-180.6

    Very slow progress....
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    HeathieM wrote: »
    Challenge weekly weigh in

    Challenge SW: 212

    10.14: 210.8
    10.21: 210.6
    10.29: 212.2

    Ugh. Another month not losing weight. Ive been going up and down the same three pounds since the end of June- i was 213 when i joined MFP. At the beginning of the challenge, i started strong lifts and tightened up my tracking. And for nothing. I go to bed hungry daily and lift heavy three times a week. FFS. Im so frustrated and discouraged.

    If your goal is just to see the scale go down ... STOP doing stronglifts.

    Your body will hold a ton of water when you start a new workout routine. Its your muscles swelling with water in anticipation of being used.

    ...

    However I more strongly recommend you change your emphasis from "losing weight" to "losing fat" ...which is harder to measure but probably more in line with what you actually want.


    But if it's all about the scale, get rid of all carbs and you'll shed all your water weight in a week.
  • HeathieM
    HeathieM Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    73CL350 wrote: »
    HeathieM wrote: »
    Challenge weekly weigh in

    Challenge SW: 212

    10.14: 210.8
    10.21: 210.6
    10.29: 212.2

    Ugh. Another month not losing weight. Ive been going up and down the same three pounds since the end of June- i was 213 when i joined MFP. At the beginning of the challenge, i started strong lifts and tightened up my tracking. And for nothing. I go to bed hungry daily and lift heavy three times a week. FFS. Im so frustrated and discouraged.

    If your goal is just to see the scale go down ... STOP doing stronglifts.

    Your body will hold a ton of water when you start a new workout routine. Its your muscles swelling with water in anticipation of being used.

    ...

    However I more strongly recommend you change your emphasis from "losing weight" to "losing fat" ...which is harder to measure but probably more in line with what you actually want.


    But if it's all about the scale, get rid of all carbs and you'll shed all your water weight in a week.

    My goal isn't about the scale, but this challenge is. If i weren't doing the challenge, i wouldn't weigh myself because i get so discouraged by trying so hard and seeing no weight change. And i thought after a month, i would see SOME weight loss. At some point, the fat loss should be greater than the weight of the water my muscles are holding right?
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    At SOME point ... yes ... that point is a vastly moving target though : /
    Do you have any place near you with a 5000 or 7000 series InBody available ?