Beachbody Support Group 2018

Options

Replies

• New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    sophia162 wrote: »
    A Little Obsessed booty done. 1 hour jog later.

I read you completed 80 DO, awesome!
    I'm on week 2 of Phase 3.

Say, were you able to do everything flawlessly?
    What were your struggles?

For me, Cardio Flow in Phase 3 is killer. A beast of a workout that totally creeps up on you! Those last 8 complete rounds... phew. I can do 'em, but no way can I do them without pausing (like the cast does). In those last 8, last week I pushed pause after each round, lol. This week I pushed pause after every 2 rounds. So... progress! Haha

My other struggle is mule kicks. I can't so them as pretty as the cast. I don't go up as high and I don't have any "hold time".

Push ups I've gotten better at. They were a weakness when I started, but I've definetly seen progress. Same with step-throughs. Same with balance in general. Back rows in plank were a bit of a struggle in Phase 2, it's like I couldn't grasp the technique. I had the same struggle with renegades, I think, in Phase 1. But seeing progress is so fun and inspiring.

All else I can tag along fine.
    Always huffing and puffing, but always getting it done.
    It's a cool program, huh?

On a side note, I always laugh/roll my eyes (with love and all) when Autum asks the cast to chime in, to make noise, to not be quiet. I'm like "Jesus Christ, woman, they're working!". Who talks so much during hard workouts for heaven's sake? I prefer silence or pointers, to be honest.

= )

I had the same struggles. Cardio Flow wiped me out. I literally stopped in the middle like I wanted to quit, but pressed on. My mules are more vertical, but no hang time. My left shoulder is kinda bad so my step throughs struggle when I twist to the right. The rotation in my left shoulder hurts.

I've gotten stronger, like Autumn was using 15s and I'm using 20s and double banded everything (heavy and medium). To maintain balance in planks I imagine pushing the ground away, including in the plank row. But my proudest moment was finally getting the half Turkish get up with the flip right, lol!

I understand the cast not talking, but there's one who comments on everything like the teachers pet, and I'm like shut it already, lol!

I'll definitely do it again after Liift 4.
  • sophia162
    sophia162 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    sophia162 wrote: »
    A Little Obsessed booty done. 1 hour jog later.

I read you completed 80 DO, awesome!
    I'm on week 2 of Phase 3.

Say, were you able to do everything flawlessly?
    What were your struggles?

For me, Cardio Flow in Phase 3 is killer. A beast of a workout that totally creeps up on you! Those last 8 complete rounds... phew. I can do 'em, but no way can I do them without pausing (like the cast does). In those last 8, last week I pushed pause after each round, lol. This week I pushed pause after every 2 rounds. So... progress! Haha

My other struggle is mule kicks. I can't so them as pretty as the cast. I don't go up as high and I don't have any "hold time".

Push ups I've gotten better at. They were a weakness when I started, but I've definetly seen progress. Same with step-throughs. Same with balance in general. Back rows in plank were a bit of a struggle in Phase 2, it's like I couldn't grasp the technique. I had the same struggle with renegades, I think, in Phase 1. But seeing progress is so fun and inspiring.

All else I can tag along fine.
    Always huffing and puffing, but always getting it done.
    It's a cool program, huh?

On a side note, I always laugh/roll my eyes (with love and all) when Autum asks the cast to chime in, to make noise, to not be quiet. I'm like "Jesus Christ, woman, they're working!". Who talks so much during hard workouts for heaven's sake? I prefer silence or pointers, to be honest.

= )

I had the same struggles. Cardio Flow wiped me out. I literally stopped in the middle like I wanted to quit, but pressed on. My mules are more vertical, but no hang time. My left shoulder is kinda bad so my step throughs struggle when I twist to the right. The rotation in my left shoulder hurts.

I've gotten stronger, like Autumn was using 15s and I'm using 20s and double banded everything (heavy and medium). To maintain balance in planks I imagine pushing the ground away, including in the plank row. But my proudest moment was finally getting the half Turkish get up with the flip right, lol!

I understand the cast not talking, but there's one who comments on everything like the teachers pet, and I'm like shut it already, lol!

I'll definitely do it again after Liift 4.

Ooooh, I can't get my mules to be vertical AT ALL! But, I gotta say, I mastered the half Turkish get ups with the flip right away! Haha, we all have our strengths and weaknesses :-)

I'll try that pushing the floor away tip if rows on plank show up again (I know peak week repeats some stuff).

Let us know how it goes with Liift 4! I'm thinking of which strength training program to do after 80 Days and Liift sounds like a great option :+1:
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 4 Day 3: Shoulders – LIIFT Intervals"=Done!
  • RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Today I took it easier- T25 Alpha Speed 1.0.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    LIIFT4: Week 4 Day 3: Shoulders – LIIFT Intervals"=Done! <3<3<3
  • MissTeriAnn
    MissTeriAnn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m happy I found a community of others doing this program on here since I use this site everyday! :)

I lost 20 pounds on my own with dieting and walking.

Now I need something new so I started the T25 program.

Im doing the T25 Alpha and following modified workouts just until I build up my strength to keep up with the rest!:)

My goal is complete all courses and go to insanity. I’ve seen some amazing results online of before and after pictures!

I’m looking forward to getting the hang of this. I’m not use to working out but I really like it because it’s fast paced and gets the job done!

I’m tracking my calories burned from my Fitbit. Is it normal to lose low calories? I’m averaging 150-200. In another website someone wrote she is averaging 800 calories burned per session. Does it just depend on starting weight?

Starting weight 180
    My Current Weight 159.2
    Goal weight 125 pounds (what I was most of my life, before I started abusing food to cope with feelings)

Any advice would be appreciated and helpful!
  • MissTeriAnn
    Options
    Today I took it easier- T25 Alpha Speed 1.0.
    Hello! What is speed 1.0? How do you know your speed? I’m doing the alpha course too!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 4 Day 4: Legs – HIIT"="dunzo!"...LOL! guess that's a new word. :)
  • RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hello! What is speed 1.0? How do you know your speed? I’m doing the alpha course too!

Welcome to our Beachbody thread 🙂 Speed 1.0 is one of the T25 Alpha workouts. It’s a mix of cardio and stretching.
    I really enjoy T25. I’ve been through all 3 of them (Alpha, Beta, Gamma) and am doing a modified workout using a mixture of them (until I can get his Max 30 to program). I find Shawn T very enthusiastic and motivational. I hope you enjoy them, too!!

Today I finished the week with Gamma Ript Up.

Keep going everyone 😎

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1 30-15: The Upper-Body Massacre"=Done! that one's always a MONSTER!!! but, I keep coming back to it.
  • langleydonna
    langleydonna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve had the insanity DVDs for years, never made it past week 3, but I just had my recovery week and on to month 2 tomorrow! I was getting really down at not seeing any results but I think it’s starting to work now so I’m excited to see progress in the next few weeks! Thinking about doing Charlean Extreme next. Anyone done it?? I’ve seen it’s more about strength training which is what I’m after as I want to tone up!
    Feeling much more motivated to stay on track after trying to stick to a fitness routine a thousand times before! I’m hoping I have made fitness a habit now as it’s my rest day and I’m struggling to not go to the gym or something!
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I’ve had the insanity DVDs for years, never made it past week 3, but I just had my recovery week and on to month 2 tomorrow! I was getting really down at not seeing any results but I think it’s starting to work now so I’m excited to see progress in the next few weeks! Thinking about doing Charlean Extreme next. Anyone done it?? I’ve seen it’s more about strength training which is what I’m after as I want to tone up!
    Feeling much more motivated to stay on track after trying to stick to a fitness routine a thousand times before! I’m hoping I have made fitness a habit now as it’s my rest day and I’m struggling to not go to the gym or something!

Congrats ...you have done it. For insanity, month 2 is where I really see inches drop. I haven't done Chalean Extreme but like you I want to do weights. I just completed insanity max30 and will be doing beast next.

Good luck and keep crushing those goals!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "80 Day Obsession: Roll & Release"=Done!
  • Whey125
    Options
    Build Chest and Triceps done! I love my insanity vids but this was a refreshing change.

Have a wonderful week all!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 5 Day 1: Chest/Triceps – LIIFT 50/50"=Done!
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    LIIFT 4 Total body sample workout done and 20 min intervals from YouTube

Is the calorie burn from LIIFT 4 supposed to be so low? I got 167 in half hour
  • MissTeriAnn
    Options
    T25 Alpha started 2nd week today (Monday) and added cardio before the T25 workout!

T25 Day 1/5 (2nd week) COMPLETE 😊
  • MissTeriAnn
    Options
    LIIFT 4 Total body sample workout done and 20 min intervals from YouTube

Is the calorie burn from LIIFT 4 supposed to be so low? I got 167 in half hour
    I haven’t used LIIFT but I noticed on the T25 the calories I burn go up and down each day. I use the Fitbit so I’m thinking it goes off my heart rate and depending on which workout I’m doing for that day. Completely not sure though. Maybe someone else here has a better answer :)

Great workout though!! 😊
  • Whey125
    Options
    Body beast build legs done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 5 Day 2: Back/Biceps – Circuit"=Done!