Beachbody Support Group 2018

Options

Replies

• sophia162
    sophia162 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Have you tried rolling your feet on a tennis or golf ball before/after working out? I'm not sure what the foot problem is, so it's hard to give much advice there.

I've tried it in the past, it helps after the pain has begun but never seems to keep it from happening.
    Basically, the tendons under the arch of my feet will cramp up severely...sometimes to the point I can't put any weight on them. I've seen doctors about it before, had custom arch supports made, followed stretching routines...nothing seems to help.

I've figured out that it's only certain exercises that trigger it (anything that puts a lot of stress on the feet--lunges, lots of jumping, mountain climbers, etc.) so typically I just avoid doing those exercises. But I don't want to not work while I'm doing this program, so I just don't know how to modify/substitute exercises to avoid pain.

Wow, that really, really sucks. Sorry :(

It's very frustrating to be in a motivated, fitness mindset... but have your body betray you. It's like "not now, body; not me, life!"

I had to take a break from Focus T25 (cardio/hiit) during January and February due to a pain in the front of my right ankle when jumping, lunging, etc. It got to a point where I just couldn't carry on with proper form, tempo, etc.

It turned out to be anterior ankle impingement. I googled how to self care (no extra money or insurance here)... and resting from that type of exercise was the main thing.

In the meantime I found some chair workouts to do cardio (:S I know) and focused on strength training.

I thankfully managed to recover on my own and I can do cardio, hiit, bootcamp just fine now. I think it was key to take some time off, figure out what was happening and fully recover -even though I was so, so, SO excited to keep pushing- because in the long run, maybe I avoided further, more permanent damage.

Best of luck to you!
  • RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    sophia162 wrote: »
    Started Beta Round of Focus T25!

After what felt like an eternity in Alpha Round (due to a loop of pausing/resuming, hehe), I have to say: I found it very fun! Different, even more challenging and yet totally doable! (I was dreading I'd be left behind, big time.)

Shau T, man... I love that guy. Like him there ain't another, he's the ultimate perfect virtual coach for me = )
    I feel the same! Love the workouts. Love Shaun T. He really does motivate me.
    I’m almost done with Gamma. I’m going to do some sort of hybrid with the 3 levels - until I can get Max 30 (I think that’s right).
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options

Have you tried rolling your feet on a tennis or golf ball before/after working out? I'm not sure what the foot problem is, so it's hard to give much advice there.

I've tried it in the past, it helps after the pain has begun but never seems to keep it from happening.
    Basically, the tendons under the arch of my feet will cramp up severely...sometimes to the point I can't put any weight on them. I've seen doctors about it before, had custom arch supports made, followed stretching routines...nothing seems to help.

I've figured out that it's only certain exercises that trigger it (anything that puts a lot of stress on the feet--lunges, lots of jumping, mountain climbers, etc.) so typically I just avoid doing those exercises. But I don't want to not work while I'm doing this program, so I just don't know how to modify/substitute exercises to avoid pain.

Maybe some band work to strengthen your feet, something like ballet dancers do.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Power Legs"=Done!
  • RollTideHusker
    Options
    Today was Gamma Pyramid. I also added Alpha Ab Intervals.

Keep going. Keep sweating. Focus 😎
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Back & 6 Pack"=Done!
  • RollTideHusker
    Options
    Gamma Ript Up is done! 😎
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Vertical Plyo/Overtime"=Done!
  • RollTideHusker
    Options
    Having a few issues but I still wanted to workout. I put in Alpha Cardio and just went a bit slower. I was determined that I was going to do something 🙂 Tomorrow is double workout day so I’ll see how that goes.

We’ve got this! Stay focused.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I've been doing turbo jam, TurboFire, and cize lately, with some lifting in between.
  • sophia162
    sophia162 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Having a few issues but I still wanted to workout. I put in Alpha Cardio and just went a bit slower. I was determined that I was going to do something 🙂 Tomorrow is double workout day so I’ll see how that goes.

We’ve got this! Stay focused.

Cool. Alpha Cardio is quite challenging for me, I huff and puff my merry way through it! It's constant movement... and those power rounds, phew.

I hope all issues pass. There's an awesome satisfaction in getting workoutd in when life is in the way. Good luck!
  • RollTideHusker
    Options
    @sophia162 Thanks. Yeah Alpha Cardio is still tough! I was sweating a ton afterwards. I’m feeling better this morning.

Today was the normal double workout day. Alpha Total Body and Beta Upper Focus. After all the push ups and planks in TB, Upper was especially tough. I got through it! 😃

Happy Friday and Keep pushing!! 😎
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Speed & Agility & Back to Core"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Spartan Honor Sprint!! DONE!!! 100% even that effin’ spear throw!!! BOOYAH!

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Relief"=Done! I almost got my elbows to the floor! getting there!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Game Day"=Done!
  • RollTideHusker
    Options
    Gamma Pyramid done! 😎
  • skigal303
    skigal303 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just started Beachbody on Demand. No Shakeo or supplements, but I'm liking the workouts!! Starting with 21 day fix then moving onto Liift4 in October.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,085 Member
    Options
    I just started 21df this morning. Hopefully I will be able to stick to the program this time.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Ab Shredder & Vol 1 Relief"=Done!