Beachbody Support Group 2018

Options

Replies

• RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Which beach body program do you suggest to start out with... I dont want anything more then 45 minutes
    The one I do is called Focus T25. All the workouts are 25 minutes. Shaun T is awesome and a great motivator. It’s 5 days with the 5th being a double day (so 50 minutes), then a rest day, and finally Stretch (25 minutes). I don’t like long workouts so I find the workout time to be easy to get through.
    I know there are other workouts around your preferred timeframe but I can’t think of them right now. Good luck! 🙂
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Question for you guys - I've just started a Max 30/Body Beast hybrid, and it's my first real Shawn T foray - and my feet are KILLING me after the first week. They are slightly sore and achy between the workouts, but they feel downright bruised during the workouts - all the jump jacks!!! Ouch! My shoes are extremely good court shoes, which have quite a bit of padding and are suitable for my feet...as a former runner, I know the importance of good, well fiting shoes....so I don't think they are he problem. So question is - does the foot pain pass? Do I need to just suck it up and wait until my poor little tootsies get used to it, or is this not normal?
    are you landing hard? on an old P90X, Tony says something along the lines of "think Catwoman, not Frankenstein".

• Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    are you landing hard? on an old P90X, Tony says something along the lines of "think Catwoman, not Frankenstein".

Nope, I don't think so - I'm pretty cognizant of landing lightly, but I do workout in my garage which has hard, concrete floors. I think I'll get some kind of rubber flooring in, and see if that makes a difference.
  • dr_russky
    dr_russky Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am in week 5 of T25 Alpha - wondering how much the intensity ramps up in Beta. Using this to build up my stamina to take on Insanity.
  • deceived1
    deceived1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    dr_russky wrote: »
    I am in week 5 of T25 Alpha - wondering how much the intensity ramps up in Beta. Using this to build up my stamina to take on Insanity.

Honestly, Beta switches gears a bit, incorporating resistance (resistance bands or dumbbells). I'd say Beta is more of a "curveball" than anything, though I'd say it's a bit of a ramp up physically. "Total Body Circuit" in Alpha matches up against anything in Beta or Gamma in terms of difficulty, IMO.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Vertical Plyo/Overtime"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

Nope, I don't think so - I'm pretty cognizant of landing lightly, but I do workout in my garage which has hard, concrete floors. I think I'll get some kind of rubber flooring in, and see if that makes a difference.

yea, Tony mentioned about concrete floors being bad too. a jump mat may save your feet.
  • spikeraw22
    spikeraw22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Looking for someone wanting or currently in p90x original program. I’ve been through it before. Currently in week 1. I have a tough time getting it in every day due to family and work constraints. Would be a big help to have someone to go back and forth to stay focused. P2P or friend me. Thanks. (I love the program. When I’m going good I feel like I own the world).
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Off Day Stretch"=Done!
  • RollTideHusker
    Options
    Keep it up everyone! You’re doing great! 😎
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Speed & Agility & Back to Core"=Done!
    I always chuckle (and sometimes cuss) when he says “go through it again”. Nope, nope,nope,nope,nope!
  • nclyde5822
    nclyde5822 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing liift4. I’ve increased my strength amazingly but my weight has gone up a few pounds if anything. Hoping maybe to stem that tide by focusing on my nutrition more going forward now that summer is winding down
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Relief"=Done!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I tried out insanity max cardio conditioning yesterday. Considering doing it again tomorrow, but not sure if my legs will recover enough to lift/squat that evening.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Game Day, Overtime & Relief"=Done!
  • RollTideHusker
    Options
    I’m back to working out! The hubby & I came up with a plan using, mostly, T25 series and a little P90.
    Today was Alpha Cardio. Great to get back to it but I could tell that I hadn’t worked out for a week 😳 LoL.

Focus. We’ve got this!!
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Restarted P90X today. Because I love it, and it has always worked best for me. I have started and stopped several other programs and hybrids over the last 6 months (I think I have ADHD when it comes to sticking with a program) but am pretty determined to see it through this time. Less than three months until summer here down under, so need to get my bottom in gear.
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    Restarted insanity max 30. I am on the 2nd week. I set my alarm for 4am and push play. It is the only time that I can be consistent. I would love to incorporate some upper body weight training but depends on my free time on evenings.

I did get good results when I completed max30 a few months ago but I think I should have done another cycle. This time I am monitoring my eating habits as well.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Ab Shredder & Relief"=Done!