What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Christmas is next month!

Amen! Whats your favorite chriatmas song?! Mine is dominic the donkey! CHRISTMAS!

Truly great choice! Mine is "I wanna Hippopotamus for Christmas"
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    kace_kay wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    When I encounter others different from me, not in race or ethnicity, but rather tastes in music and pop culture likes/dislikes, for example. I start to wonder if I'm odd. I don't get a lot of references and I end up googling more than I care to admit.

This is me too. Most pop culture references fly over my head, probably because I’ve never had a tv and I don’t listen to the radio. I’ve always been aware/annoyed that people thought i was a stereotypical dumb blonde when really I just didn’t spend my childhood in front of a tv. 😑

raw

Lol... So the same
    I still have no idea who the hell this guy is 🤷🏽‍♂️

giphy.gif

fhsbwiobxx98.gif

Nor do I know who the hell this guy is 🤷🏽‍♂️😂
    giphy.gif

wsmznggpzcxp.gif

Hey... we still have Harry Potter 🤷🏽‍♂️

giphy.gif

I'm more blown away by you not knowing who Jim Halpert is than not knowing who Dean Winchester is

And I have 0 idea as to which one is which 🤷🏽‍♂️

I couldn't even name the movie these guys are from...
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I am stuck at work for another 45 minutes. It's been the longest week ever and I don't even have anything to look forward to this weekend.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Christmas is next month!

I was looking for a gif of Lucy saying "I haven't even finished eating all my Halloween candy"

But all I can find is gifs of that Dean Halpertwhatever guy
  • Ryry_78
    Ryry_78 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    PIZZA
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    I am in desperate need of a haircut

I have some dull scissors...come here
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    A very attractive woman in front of me on the supermarket line buying multiple cans of sardines.....and me thinking, i dont care if this woman threw herself at me right now, the thought of her eating those sardines assures that her and i are destined to never be together!

Could be food for her kitty 😂😆😂
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Christmas is next month!

Amen! Whats your favorite chriatmas song?! Mine is dominic the donkey! CHRISTMAS!

https://youtu.be/8eB4PkCo4Lo

The Holiday Season isn't quite right without a little Adam Sandler on the airwaves.
  • lililomo2
    lililomo2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I wish people meant what they say. Not the bad things but the really good things. It seems people just talk to talk nowadays with no actual meaning to their words. I think I just put too much emotion into everything lol

it's being sensitive. it's a double edged sword honey. i get that feel. <3
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    prob a good idea. i signed up on a grief website a few years ago for some stuff and it helped more than trying to "fit in" everywhere else.

different situations i know- but maybe still a good idea for you.
  • lililomo2
    lililomo2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    lililomo2 wrote: »
    i think i need to finally bite the bullet and join a cancer support group. i just can't do it on my own anymore.
    my family and r/l friends, *and also my MFP pals i will add* are amazing.:)
    but i can't deal with all the emotions and my deteriorating health.it's just getting darker for me....

prob a good idea. i signed up on a grief website a few years ago for some stuff and it helped more than trying to "fit in" everywhere else.

different situations i know- but maybe still a good idea for you.

thank you T... <3
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    lililomo2 wrote: »
    I wish people meant what they say. Not the bad things but the really good things. It seems people just talk to talk nowadays with no actual meaning to their words. I think I just put too much emotion into everything lol

it's being sensitive. it's a double edged sword honey. i get that feel. <3

<3
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    When I encounter others different from me, not in race or ethnicity, but rather tastes in music and pop culture likes/dislikes, for example. I start to wonder if I'm odd. I don't get a lot of references and I end up googling more than I care to admit.

This is me too. Most pop culture references fly over my head, probably because I’ve never had a tv and I don’t listen to the radio. I’ve always been aware/annoyed that people thought i was a stereotypical dumb blonde when really I just didn’t spend my childhood in front of a tv. 😑

It's time to play the game, Does Taco know what we are talking about:

Do you pity the fool? Mr. T- but never seen it
    Is knowing half the battle? Is this a pop culture reference? I thought it was just an expression
    Alf? Alien life form with enormous schnozz
    What color are Smurfs? Blue! I watched this at the babysitters sometimes
    Who was saved by the bell? Erkel. Jk i watched this in hotels, Zach Morris
    Don't have a - what, man? A) horse B ) cow C) elephant D) taco cow, i had a tape with music by Bart 😅
    How many Friends were in Friends? I have watched every episode, although its been at least ten years
    Who got into one little fight and had to move to Bel-Air? fresh prince i assume? I have no idea

See, you knowish.

Knowing is half the battle is from G.I. Joe
    and
    Fresh Prince moved to Bel-Air as per his theme song.

A recent example would be ‘tree fiddy’. I’ve seen people say that around here so much I thought it was a reference to an mfp thread. Then one day @Caporegiem made a south park joke that i clearly didn’t get, so when he asked me about it i said i had never even watched the show. He called me out on using tree fiddy and said “you’ve been pretending to know all this time? 😂” and i was like “pretending to know? I didn’t even know there WAS anything to know, I didn’t know it was a south park thing at all 😬”

1p1l69.jpg