P90X starting Monday Aug 15

Options

Replies

• lisa451999
    Options
    Did shoulders/arms today. Shoulders are my favorite body part to work so you know I enjoyed today's workout. Tomorrow is yoga. Can't wait!!
  • katekentlaw
    Options
    THanks for all of your tips! I think I will invest in a heart rate monitor.

I got up today and did about 35 minutes of the plyometrics workout before work. Better than nothing, right?

I'll only have four P90X days this week at this rate, but that's OK. Maybe I'll do some doubles on Saturday and Sunday to get caught up. I've found that even if I'm exhausted and can't fathom getting up for an hour workout at 5 A.M., telling myself that I only have to do half the workout gets me out of bed. And i feel a lot more energized during my very long day if I do even half the workout, so that's an incentive as well.

Thanks for all of your support!
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon All,

Today was plyo for me.Did this first thing this morning and had a real good session.

Managed a 540 calorie burn and have to say that it was my best plyo session yet,this seems to be a common trend for me and Im heartened by the overall improvements that seem to be taking place.

Enjoy the workouts today.....:smile:
  • willdbill0712
    willdbill0712 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon All,

Today was plyo for me.Did this first thing this morning and had a real good session.

Managed a 540 calorie burn and have to say that it was my best plyo session yet,this seems to be a common trend for me and Im heartened by the overall improvements that seem to be taking place.

Enjoy the workouts today.....:smile:

What week are you on?
    We are almost done with week 2 and I could tell a HUGE difference in everything this week vs last!
  • willdbill0712
    willdbill0712 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Did shoulders/arms today. Shoulders are my favorite body part to work so you know I enjoyed today's workout. Tomorrow is yoga. Can't wait!!

Yoga for us tonight as well. I wouldn't say I "can't wait", but I am vaguely looking forward to it. :happy:
    I look forward to the second 45 mins when he isn't kicking my butt nearly as bad! :laugh:
  • lisa451999
    Options

Yoga for us tonight as well. I wouldn't say I "can't wait", but I am vaguely looking forward to it. :happy:
    I look forward to the second 45 mins when he isn't kicking my butt nearly as bad! :laugh:
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Obviously I haven't learned yet how to reply to someone's post on here. :laugh: I am hearing mixed reviews on the toughness of the yoga workout so I am looking forward to it to see what my opinion is. I am pretty inflexible so it should be interesting. Lol! It's an hour and a half? Good grief! Oh well, it's just part of the p90x journey and needs to be done. Hope everyone is enjoying the workouts as much as I have so far!!
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Being on week 2 this week I can already tell a huge difference! I'm not nearly as sore as I was during week one (YAY) and the weights I was using are already too light (boo because I don't have money to buy better ones..). Tomorrow is Yoga again so here's to hoping I don't suck as bad as I did the first time hehe which I shouldn't since I'm not as sore.

I'm pretty happy with my calorie burns for the first week so let's see what the rest of week 2 can bring! I'd love it if you added me to be your friend haha!
  • ToughMudderAddict
    Options
    By the way! A mat for Yoga is definitely a must if you have carpet or find your hands and feet sliding, makes it far easier.
  • bayles1
    Options
    What week are you on?
    We are almost done with week 2 and I could tell a HUGE difference in everything this week vs last!

I am on week 4 day 2.Have improved every session that has been repeated so far in phase 1 and carried that forward into phase 2 now.Your right the improvments are huge,both in terms of how much easier I can do the sessions but also the calorific burn.
  • abellone7289
    abellone7289 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oh, I started the lean version on Monday. I only managed to get halfway through Yoga X. It was killer and my arms and legs were already so sore from the last 3 days. Usually I am so good at yoga, I'm pretty flexible. I might go home and finish it up though.

Glad I found someplace for support (and to complain!!).

Gotta love the burn that comes with p90x =)
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Oh my! Yoga X was hard. I kept watching the clock and wondering when it was going to be over. I totally fell out of the crane pose and rolled across the floor. Lol! Mark my words, my knee will be bruised tomorrow!! Tomorrow is legs. Yikes!
  • rowerc2
    rowerc2 Posts: 158
    Options
    Did Back and Bicep X today - talk about feeling the burn in the biceps... You can see where the muscle confusion comes in

How's everyone feeling?
  • svt01
    svt01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @lisa451999: At least you gave the crane move a go, I don't feel strong enough yet so just did the childs pose when I did Yoga yesterday. Hopefully you won't too bruised for back and legs though.

@rowerc2: Completed Yoga X Yesterday although some of the moves are more advanced and I need to work on the balancing moves. The ones I find more difficult to follow at the moment are Ab Ripper X and Kenpo X just because I'm not so used to working my core so much and I lack co-ordination sometimes.

Is everyone using the protein shakes and the recovery drink and do you think it helps? I'm considering whether it'll worthwhile to get it.

Back and Legs today, looking forward to it!
  • katekentlaw
    Options
    Did shoulders/arms today. Man, that's a good burn. In muscles, I mean. I don't really know about calories.

On that note, does anyone recommend a good heart rate monitor that tracks calorie burn?

Also, I have a suggestion for people who are ready to up the weight but can't afford to buy new ones. Use milk/wager jugs. They have handles so that you can grip them easily and safely, and you can add/subtract liquid as you need to increase/decrease the weight!
  • IloveRanch
    Options
    im starting this tomorrow definatly

I just watched it online and i bet i get about 5 mins in and will probably faint :p
  • lisa451999
    Options
    @katekentlaw - great advice!!
    @ lloveRanch - good luck! Enjoy it! :)
  • ToughMudderAddict
    Options
    @Katekentlaw
    First of thanks for that tip! Also, you'll find millions of threads on here as to which heart rate monitors are the best, everyone has their own opinion so you've asked a loaded question. I've heard a lot of people say the Polar 4 is good. Personally I have the TimeX Ironman Race Trainer that I got from Best Buy (on an awesome sale it was under $100) and I love it. You can buy the ones without the chest strap but they're not nearly as accurate and once you have the strap on you hardly notice it. Good luck!
  • bayles1
    Options
    Did Back and Bicep X today - talk about feeling the burn in the biceps... You can see where the muscle confusion comes in

How's everyone feeling?

I also did Back and Bicep today and can confirm that statement to be very true....:smile:

Topped it off with the ab ripper x.
  • bayles1
    Options

On that note, does anyone recommend a good heart rate monitor that tracks calorie burn?

I have the polar ft 7.It really is a great piece of kit for the price and does have a chest strap. i got mine from amazon for £67.