Lose 20lbs by Feb 1st Accountability Buddies

Options

Replies

• Alicia5982
    Alicia5982 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m in!! Started today, would love to lose 20lbs by feb! Feel free to add me xx
  • GW4321
    GW4321 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    SW- 233lbs (10/29)
    GW - 213lbs

11/5- 233lbs

• HeathieM
    HeathieM Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Challenge weekly weigh in

Challenge SW: 212
    10.14: 210.8
    10.21: 210.6
    10.29: 212.2
    11.3: 209.2

Weighing on Fridays because they're my lightest days..

Lost almost three pounds! That's a huge win for me bc its probably not much water or muscle since i'm lifting heavy 3xs a week at the gym.. hoping for onederland by the end of this challenge!
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Ups and downs for me ... but the scale is going in the right direction:

10/01 - 186.0 lbs
    10/08 - 182.6
    10/15 - 177.8
    10/22 - 174.4
    10/29 - 174.0
    11/05 - 171.4

I've had lower weights but those are my "Monday morning after pee" weights.

Alcohol consumption has been detrimental ... and I need to work out more ... but definite progress.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    73CL350 wrote: »
    Ups and downs for me ... but the scale is going in the right direction:

10/01 - 186.0 lbs
    10/08 - 182.6
    10/15 - 177.8
    10/22 - 174.4
    10/29 - 174.0
    11/05 - 171.4

I've had lower weights but those are my "Monday morning after pee" weights.

Alcohol consumption has been detrimental ... and I need to work out more ... but definite progress.

Almost 15 lbs in a little over a month is great progress! It took me two months to make that much progress!
  • thatyogagirl
    thatyogagirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is perfect! I'm in. My birthday is Jan 31, so I'm super motivated to lose 12 lb (the last 12lb!). My watch-outs to stay on track during this period of time are (1) the holidays, (2) work - started a new job last month, my job includes some traveling oversees, (3) Snacking in the afternoons.

Traveling for work is new for me. Any advise? It's overseas, never the same place.

Hey YogaGirl, here are some thoughts on the travel, it’s what has worked for me so may be helpful. 1) keep your regular exercise plan. I do yoga in my hotel room when traveling, I find morning exercise helps with jet lag. 2) plan out a food diary before you go. Look at the menus in the hotel/ local restaurants/ meals booked with co-workers or clients and try to work out what you’ll eat before you go. 3) if at all possible I try to get to a supermarket and buy food there and keep it in the hotel fridge rather than eating out.

Hello Randompurple. Thanks for the advise! I'll have the chance to try these next week. I think you're right, it's all in the planning and sticking to my decision of losing weight.
  • Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Anyone else lose the server last night??

I was so lost without MFP. Didn't know what to do with myself lol. I've gotten so used to recording with it...
  • yolsweet
    yolsweet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 20 lbs. by February if not more. I need motivation with my busy work schedule.
  • groovingroomer
    groovingroomer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I'm in... going to Hawaii in February so 20 lbs would be just awesome! I am over 50 and the weight is a real bugger to move, but I'm determined! Started working out again - fitting in 2 mornings a week before I open my dog grooming shop... have stopped walking as I lost my beautiful dog Feb, 2018... I need to get back to that as well. CW: 160 5ft 2inches.
  • Running2Fit
    Options
    Dukare wrote: »

I was so lost without MFP. Didn't know what to do with myself lol. I've gotten so used to recording with it...

Yes! And then when I finally got in this morning all my data was gone! Thankfully when I deleted and reinstalled the app it was all back. Very frustrating!
  • Dukare
    Options

Yes! And then when I finally got in this morning all my data was gone! Thankfully when I deleted and reinstalled the app it was all back. Very frustrating!

Terrifying! Glad you got it back though!!
  • Dukare
    Options
    I dropped the ball today. Couldn't get up and workout before work.

*sigh*
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @Running2Fit "burned 3000 calories having a panic attack, frantic pace"
  • Running2Fit
    Options

*sigh*
    I’ve given up on morning workouts. Now I just resign myself to getting them in after work.
  • KimWinegardner
    KimWinegardner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm on my second week and down five. Definitely can use some accountability. Good luck to all!
  • hollypopp10
    hollypopp10 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Omg! I’m in!!! Feel free to add me! I’m always up for more friends to help keep each other accountable!
  • Dukare
    Options

*sigh*
    I’ve given up on morning workouts. Now I just resign myself to getting them in after work.

I don't do after work usually, except for my zumba class. I feel much better when I get up in the mornings..... when I can.

Sometimes I get in this funk where I can't get enough sleep. It's hard to getup for workouts then. Getting out of one now though. It'll happen again.
  • bgishn
    bgishn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is perfect! I'm in. My birthday is Jan 31, so I'm super motivated to lose 12 lb (the last 12lb!). My watch-outs to stay on track during this period of time are (1) the holidays, (2) work - started a new job last month, my job includes some traveling oversees, (3) Snacking in the afternoons.

Traveling for work is new for me. Any advise? It's overseas, never the same place.

Hi Yogagirl! My birthday is the 30th and I want to lose 15 lbs and I am also starting a new job (maybe two) in the coming weeks. I set my goal for Feb 3rd though because I am really aiming for my half marathon day. I just visited family out of state this past weekend and have water weight now to get back off. I'm going on a 13 mile hike today because I can :smile: hopefully that helps. While I was there I still logged everything I ate, even though I knew I wouldn't be eating perfectly I still had to be accountable. It's not pretty but that's how I manage to not fall off.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options

Me too! Freaked me out
  • Dukare
    Options
    Anyone else experience this?

When I start working out More, it actually seems to get harder for awhile... before maybe eventually getting easier.

...you have to workout Every day to make it easier, otherwise ...it feels so much harder than usual!

Then again, maybe that's a calorie and water issue more than anything. Hmmm...