Less Alcohol - November 2018 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @shortchange1 that is an impressive AF number. Good luck on your long term goal.
  • MissMay
    Options
    8th day of AF.
    I hear a lot of people say they don't like keeping track of days they are not drinking. I happen to enjoy it. It gives me comfort to know that I am aware of my consumption.
    Just like any other task you have to be aware of....this just happens to be drinking less.
    My plan is to go 20 days AF and then a planned controlled drink or two on Nov.17th.

Less alcohol has really helped with my workouts to. Especially my ab workouts. Last Winter I struggled with having a tummy that looked like a new mommy tummy. Now I have a flat stomach. 😊

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Here goes day one af. :):)

@saracantthink How did you go?

Just remember, every try makes the next try easier.
  • pjmfitforme
    pjmfitforme Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Well i did well this weekend. Only drank Friday and Saturday and was able to moderate-so I am extremely happy. I am going to keep this approach through November (only drinking Friday and Saturday) and reassess at the end of the month.

Good luck to all on your individual goals regarding alcohol
  • Orphia
    Options
    Well i did well this weekend. Only drank Friday and Saturday and was able to moderate-so I am extremely happy. I am going to keep this approach through November (only drinking Friday and Saturday) and reassess at the end of the month.

Good luck to all on your individual goals regarding alcohol

@pjmfitforme Awesome! All the best.

I'm going to a pub today for Melbourne Cup Day. Not going to drink, and looking forward to it.
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Good on you!!.. well do what we can to support you @RunRachelleRun :)<3
  • Orphia
    Options
    Thanks, @RunRachelleRun !

I enjoyed the pub. My friends didn't comment when I ordered a bitters, lime, and lemon, and it was only later the topic came up that I've gone 9 months AF, and they were impressed, so it was nice.

Yes, I had 3 bitters, lime, and lemon. Then I didn't want to use up any more calories so I had sparkling water.

I also won $45 on a $2 bet, so I was happy with that! (Melbourne Cup Day is the one day I bet, as it's a tradition my friends have.)

It's lovely to come home and not feel frazzled after Cup Day from too much beer, for the first time in 17 years. Looking forward to tomorrow morning with no hangover or headache too!
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Thanks, @RunRachelleRun !

I enjoyed the pub. My friends didn't comment when I ordered a bitters, lime, and lemon, and it was only later the topic came up that I've gone 9 months AF, and they were impressed, so it was nice.

Yes, I had 3 bitters, lime, and lemon. Then I didn't want to use up any more calories so I had sparkling water.

I also won $45 on a $2 bet, so I was happy with that! (Melbourne Cup Day is the one day I bet, as it's a tradition my friends have.)

It's lovely to come home and not feel frazzled after Cup Day from too much beer, for the first time in 17 years. Looking forward to tomorrow morning with no hangover or headache too!

Well done!!.. you've done awesome all round.
    The weather wasn't the best for the wraces.. but it obviously didn't stop u from winning.. ..lol
    Keep the good work ;):)
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @shortchange1 That is wonderful!

@MissMay I can see the appeal of counting the days. That's awesome that you are noticing a difference in your abs/ab workouts! Whenever my weight creeps up, it all seems to go to my belly now.

Hope you enjoyed the pub @Orphia! That would be difficult for me. Did you have something instead?

I may need to allow myself to drink beverages with calories if I am going to stay AF. When I only have water while others are drinking, I seem to end up having a drink. Not drinking is hard!

And . . . I am restarting. Day 1 AF for me.

Good for you! I'm on my 12th or 20th restart. Today is Day 3. I don't moderate well so abstinence is the way to go for me right now. Yes, I think indulging in yummy beverages as long as staying within daily calorie limit is a good idea. Think I'll try Orphia's bitters with lime & lemon.

Hang in there, you can do this!
  • MissMay
    Options
    ckparis wrote: »
    This will be day one for me. I’m trying to get in better shape before the holidays kick my butt.

Welcome @ckparis. WOO HOO on day 1. Keep those holidays in check.
  • iholly1212
    iholly1212 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I’m on my 3rd day of sobriety and think this thread will benefit me immensely.