Options

Replies

• hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    hcdo wrote: »
    nowine4me wrote: »
    What kind of PP did you use? Was it whey or whey/casein blend? Plant based powders really don’t work well. And does your milk have fat (or did you add anything with fat, like peanut butter, nuts, etc)? Any fat will make it not fluff.

I used plant-based PP, and while I didn't add any peanut butter, the PP is chocolate peanut butter flavored. I'll have to check the ingredients. The almond milk has 2.5g of fat. Don't know if that would make a difference.

Maybe try a different PP and see how that goes? Get a bunch of samples and go to town until you get it. It should work with what you are using.

Good idea, thanks!
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    @crazyravr
    I got the ninja intelli-sense a few months back and use it very frequently. It's got great power and is very easy to clean. It came with a few different attachments. The food processor rices vegetables perfectly in 10-15 seconds. I use the blender for my protein fluff. I'm very happy with it!
  • hcdo
    edited November 2018
    Options
    What kind of PP did you use? Was it whey or whey/casein blend? Plant based powders really don’t work well. And does your milk have fat (or did you add anything with fat, like peanut butter, nuts, etc)? Any fat will make it not fluff.

That.
    Regarding PP kind, I found it does not really matter.

Hmmm.... okay, so I tried a different milk and a different protein powder, but I still got the same drippy, (almost gummy?) results. The picture shows what I used (plus ice), and it never grew in volume past what you see in the processor, which is pretty much what it looked like at the beginning. I even tried different speeds in case that might have something to do with it, but nothing changed. Anyone have any other suggestions/insights?

sm6uukl8m74k.jpg
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @hcdo, I'm not sure what measurements you're using for the ingredients or the order (if that really makes a difference). But here's my recipe/process and it comes out great every time.
    I use a Ninja.
    I start with a bunch of ice..enough to just cover the tops of the blades. Blend and turn it into snow. Scrape it down and add 60ml(1/4 cup) sugar free pancake syrup and about 6 oz of cashew milk. Blend and scrape. Add 3g of xanthan gum and 28g protein powder. Blend and scrape. Then I do a splash of sugar free/calorie free syrup(vanilla or hazelnut flavor) and blend until it becomes big and fluffy. I usually top with a dash of sea salt, sugar free chocolate syrup, and some more sugar free pancake syrup.
    I don't know why it won't fluff up for you. Wish I could help more.
  • hcdo
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @hcdo, I'm not sure what measurements you're using for the ingredients or the order (if that really makes a difference). But here's my recipe/process and it comes out great every time.
    I use a Ninja.
    I start with a bunch of ice..enough to just cover the tops of the blades. Blend and turn it into snow. Scrape it down and add 60ml(1/4 cup) sugar free pancake syrup and about 6 oz of cashew milk. Blend and scrape. Add 3g of xanthan gum and 28g protein powder. Blend and scrape. Then I do a splash of sugar free/calorie free syrup(vanilla or hazelnut flavor) and blend until it becomes big and fluffy. I usually top with a dash of sea salt, sugar free chocolate syrup, and some more sugar free pancake syrup.
    I don't know why it won't fluff up for you. Wish I could help more.

Thanks! I use the measurements mentioned in one of the above posts, but maybe I need to play around with those as well. Thanks for the input!
  • VirginiasMom
    VirginiasMom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @hcdo how much ice are you using? I usually do 8-10 cubes of ice with half a scoop of protein powder (Quest - I highly recommend it and it seems as though throughout the thread Quest protein powder users have been highly successful) then a big splash of milk plus any shenanigans. I really only use the Xanthum gum to thicken rather than increase volume.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    It’s the protein powder. Vegan powders don’t work.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    It’s the protein powder. Vegan powders don’t work.
    But a bunch of people said they work fine some even said they work better
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234. Sorry but I t’s not true. They do not work at all. Seriously. I’ve tried all of them. If you’re vegan, learn to like gooey fluff, because it ain’t happening. If you’re not vegan, use Quest.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234. Sorry but I t’s not true. They do not work at all. Seriously. I’ve tried all of them. If you’re vegan, learn to like gooey fluff, because it ain’t happening. If you’re not vegan, use Quest.

They work fine for me.....
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I thought this was the only way for me to eat without binge eating, but the longer you go eating small amounts of food, the more your stomach shrinks to it's normal size, and then small amounts of food do keep you full. You just have to stick to it for a few weeks and you will notice that a handful of food is filling. Training your brain to think you are full...well, that's a bit harder.

I'm pretty seriously concerned about this issue with the stomach stretching. Not sure if there's any scientific evidence of it shrinking on it's own, without surgery, but i think it can definitely get stretched. I feel like i need higher volumes of food now and my needs have increased to feel satiated. The amount of veggies that i can put away is pretty impressive. On the other hand, my wife can't even eat the third of it if her life depended on it. She's never been overweight, btw. So, yes, i really don't want the cow-size stomach, but I don't want to be hungry all the time too. How do you guys feel, anyone noticing same trend of having to increase the volume, however slow?
    ETA I mean, i think from the science point of view, the size of your stomach doesn't actually change, but it gets better at stretching to accommodate more food, and that might be sending signals of fullness a little later, causing a person to eat a bit more to feel satiated.
  • geiznekcm
    geiznekcm Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I pray that everyone is fantastic. (: And Happy, Blessed Belated Veteran's Day!!

Could anyone offer any recommendations for egg white protein powders (information on nutrition, specific brands)? Do you recommend them at all for efficient fat loss?
    ** Goal is fat loss, muscle preservation. Low budget, best price without compromising quality.

Thank you All.
    May God bless you ♡
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I thought this was the only way for me to eat without binge eating, but the longer you go eating small amounts of food, the more your stomach shrinks to it's normal size, and then small amounts of food do keep you full. You just have to stick to it for a few weeks and you will notice that a handful of food is filling. Training your brain to think you are full...well, that's a bit harder.

The stomach doesn’t shrink unless gastric bypass is done. Receptors determine fullness (unless you eat too much) and getting used to smaller meals via routine is the reason for what you stated!
  • hcdo
    Options

They work fine for me.....

+1
    If she makes it as per the video I posted, and it still does not work, might be the protein. I have not tried soy based pp so it actually might be it. If you are vegan, try pea or hemp based pp.

I tried a pea protein one that didn't work either. I'll have to try a different brand, maybe... back to the drawing board ;)

Thanks for everyone's input. It will hopefully help me narrow down the issue soon.
  • hcdo
    Options

That.

Hmmm.... okay, so I tried a different milk and a different protein powder, but I still got the same drippy, (almost gummy?) results. The picture shows what I used (plus ice), and it never grew in volume past what you see in the processor, which is pretty much what it looked like at the beginning. I even tried different speeds in case that might have something to do with it, but nothing changed. Anyone have any other suggestions/insights?

sm6uukl8m74k.jpg

Out all of those things, I would suspect the sugar free syrup. Might be too thick for this. Not sure.
    Try and follow this video.
    https://facebook.com/MajorGainz/videos/894969973957506/

Just saw this. I wonder if the amount of ice makes a big difference? I'm probably only using about half of what the video showed.
  • geiznekcm
    Options

The stomach doesn’t shrink unless gastric bypass is done. Receptors determine fullness (unless you eat too much) and getting used to smaller meals via routine is the reason for what you stated![/quote]

I am slightly confused. . . .I am sorry.
    What exactly do you mean by "Receptirs determin(ing) fullness (unless you eat too much)"? Are you saying that you can eat too much, exceeding calorie needs, and still not feel full, even when eating whole foods in large volume and quantities (bulk fruits and vegetables)? How easy or difficult would you say it is to exceed caloric needs when you're eating mostly fresh fruits and vegetables?

Thank you xx

• geiznekcm
    edited November 2018
    Options

The stomach doesn’t shrink unless gastric bypass is done. Receptors determine fullness (unless you eat too much) and getting used to smaller meals via routine is the reason for what you stated!

What exactly do you mean by "Receptors determin(ing) fullness (unless you eat too much)"? Are you saying that you can eat too much, exceeding calorie needs, and still not feel full, even when eating whole foods in large volume and quantities (bulk fruits and vegetables)? How easy or difficult would you say it is to exceed caloric needs when you're eating mostly fresh fruits and vegetables?

Thank you xx

• hcdo
    edited November 2018
    Options

That.

sm6uukl8m74k.jpg

Out all of those things, I would suspect the sugar free syrup. Might be too thick for this. Not sure.
    Try and follow this video.
    https://facebook.com/MajorGainz/videos/894969973957506/

Just saw this. I wonder if the amount of ice makes a big difference? I'm probably only using about half of what the video showed.

Well no *kitten* lol :) You said you were following everything exact hahaha
    If you are going to half the ice, half everything else, and dont expect to fill up that container.

Yeah, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed :D I tried it with a whole tray of ice and it did fluff up more than the last trial, but it still wasn't as fluffy as expected. Looks like maybe I didn't crush the ice enough? It was pretty snowy but maybe I need to give it a bit more time. At least I'm on the right track... it definitely was better than the last time.

069r0hy0dvc7.jpg
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    geiznekcm wrote: »

What exactly do you mean by "Receptors determin(ing) fullness (unless you eat too much)"? Are you saying that you can eat too much, exceeding calorie needs, and still not feel full, even when eating whole foods in large volume and quantities (bulk fruits and vegetables)? How easy or difficult would you say it is to exceed caloric needs when you're eating mostly fresh fruits and vegetables?

Thank you xx

Yeap. You can overeat on anything. Easy. How else do we get fat?

Can I call you the godfather of us volume eaters? Lol