11-10 7k
    11-11 10.5k slow
    11-12 7k recovery
    11-13 Rest
    11-14 7k intervals
    11-15 7k recovery

November total: 84k
    November goal: 150k

A lovely day to run. Freezing rain and sleet on top of ice. Today's unique sensation was sleet getting in my shoes and giving me a pinprick of cold before melting.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    11/1-nope (1 hour aerial yoga)
    11/2-nope
    11/3-3 mi (2 hour aerial yoga)
    11/4-nope
    11/5-nope
    11/6-sleepy
    11/7- ?(1 hour aerial yoga)
    11/8-(1 hour aerial yoga)
    11/9-(2 hour aerial hammock)
    11/10-(2 hour aerial yoga demo)
    11/11-4.56miles trail run
    11/12-nope
    11/13-oh i feel the hills now
    11/14 (1 hour aerial yoga)
    11/15 2.08 mi (1 hour aerial yoga)

ran 2 miles this morning
    I fought it. a lot. lots of whining. I could see the frost on my window. I didn't even look at the temperature. just let the dogs out and dressed warmish. i wish i had remembered a buff for my face but otherwise i was good. only thing was I was dropping dried mud all over the house because I grabbed and put on the leggings from the trail race sunday.
    speed demon wanted to go faster. old girl was happy with a nice trot. hermie(foster) thought this was crap and running is dumb and fetch and tug of war is sooooo much better. i can't take him too far, probably not more than 3mi as he is only 8ish months old. he also is small enough (25lb?) that he has to canter while the other two are trotting.
    it was a decent run overall. pace was ok considering how much hermie was not feeling it. it felt fine. nothing too achy. my hamstrings are tight but no amount of stretching has loosened them. Definitely need to focus on them. but it could be I pulled it(the right one) while working on flexibility. Nothing I haven't had to deal with before

Do i regret the run? no, but i can't say i feel wohoo about it. hoping i can change Hermie's mind about running. he has a lot of energy to be stuck in the crate all day.

after talking to the RD on sunday, while i'm still going to focus on mileage for the long run, I think I might focus more on the time on my feet. and fartleks, hills when i can find them, trails when i get my state park sticker for next year. very few of the county parks with good trails are free. rails to trails are pretty flat. i don't necessarily have time to run 8-10 miles in the morning before work at my speed. i also need to take a nap afterwards or the hypersomnia will take over and I will fall asleep at work. or worse-on the way to work.

(photos later)

exercise.png

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    And this is the time of year I am thankful I moved to Phoenix. I suffer through 120 for beautiful running weather in winter. Lol

@MegaMooseEsq I forgot to say your house is soooo cute! And I love the leg warmers!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Snow this evening will transition to snow showers late. Low around 30F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 100%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

What the heck? So we really not getting fall then...
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 Race budget? Nah, it's just a simple and inexpensive sport.

vm362eeqzqc8.jpg

(thanks to @PastorVincent for posting this originally)

Love this!!!!
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Hey guys, guess who's coming to the states in about 5 months for a visit! Atm going to be in LA, Pennsylvania, and DC! Possibly may make to San Francisco on the way back. Omg im so excited!

DC is a great running town - I am sure you will enjoy it!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Simple inexpensive sport bahaha.

Did a gentle 5k this morning with a good stretch and roll. No real sore spots. Calves were a little tight but I'm all good. This time tomorrow I'll be standing around the start, jumping around to keep warm and fight off nerves! Weather is supposed to be clear, a little cloudy with light breezes. OMG im so excited!

All the very best tomorrow Kim. You’ll have such a great day. I’ll be thinking of you while I slog it out in Waihi - not looking forward to mine; it could be a looooong day.