Less Alcohol - November 2018 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    MissMay wrote: »

I’m on day five (doing a 10 day AF challenge until Thanksgiving) I am also grumpy and my kids driving me nuts lol.
    Congrats on day 7. One whole week. That is awesome

Sorry I meant day FIVE not 7 🙄. So now I can say congrats on day six
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member

I’m on day five (doing a 10 day AF challenge until Thanksgiving) I am also grumpy and my kids driving me nuts lol.

Haha thanks @MissMay yes day six - today is first day I would really like to have a glass of wine and watch football. But oh well! I’ll save myself the calories and make some sort of flavored sparkling water :)
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member

Haha thanks @MissMay yes day six - today is first day I would really like to have a glass of wine and watch football. But oh well! I’ll save myself the calories and make some sort of flavored sparkling water :)

Have you tried fruit tea bag in a glass of sugar free lemonade it's very nice :);)
  • Stepping18
    Stepping18 Posts: 25 Member
    Hello,
    I am returning to this thread, need the motivation and common goals to reduce or be af.
  • 2fitcpa
    2fitcpa Posts: 5 Member
    I’m in. I’ve gained weight since I started drinking again about 8 months ago and I need to get back to an AF lifestyle.
  • SanDiegofitmom
    Wine free weekend ✔️- it was actually easy except for yesterday evening. I just wanted a great glass of Cab and curl up and watch the game. But I distracted myself by planning for a big upcoming trip to Spain. I wish the wine free week translated to weight loss.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Day six of my 10 day thanksgiving challenge. So far it’s been easy to not drink and stay within calories and get intense workouts in but unfortunately the scale hasn’t been budging. Boo!

@SanDiegofitmom Intense workouts mean your muscles hold onto water to heal, repair, and grow stronger. It's part of DOMS - Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness.

Also, make sure you're having a rest day after an intense workout. You need that so your body gets stronger in the rest/heal process.
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    Writing is one of the ways that not drinking has made me more productive and creative.

I wrote on my blog about less alcohol and my going over 9 months so far.

Link on my profile, which is public. /shamelessplug :smiley:

@Orphia You're going to have to be more shameless than that. I would love a link to your blog. :)
  • SanDiegofitmom
    Day six of my 10 day thanksgiving challenge. So far it’s been easy to not drink and stay within calories and get intense workouts in but unfortunately the scale hasn’t been budging. Boo!

@SanDiegofitmom Intense workouts mean your muscles hold onto water to heal, repair, and grow stronger. It's part of DOMS - Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness.

Also, make sure you're having a rest day after an intense workout. You need that so your body gets stronger in the rest/heal process.

Thanks @orphia - I definitely feel the water retention in my body. I try to constantly change things up - weights, running and plyos. I love using an app called Aaptiv that does amazing audio workouts. Still even if I don’t see scale movement. I know the lack of alcohol is definitely making my liver happy 😃

• SanDiegofitmom
    Tonight’s the last night of the 10 day no wine challenge I had for myself. Overall it was good! My hubby still drank several nights but he is a moderate craft beer drinker and I’m not tempted by beer. My weight loss goals were not as low as I hoped but I actually think it’s more due to water retention from very intense workouts. I do look forward to planned wine tomorrow for Thanksgiving. But after that I think I’m going to do another 10 day challenge with 1-2 planned drinking days for date nights.

Hope everyone has a Happy and safe thanksgiving
  • Orphia
    Tonight’s the last night of the 10 day no wine challenge I had for myself. Overall it was good! My hubby still drank several nights but he is a moderate craft beer drinker and I’m not tempted by beer. My weight loss goals were not as low as I hoped but I actually think it’s more due to water retention from very intense workouts. I do look forward to planned wine tomorrow for Thanksgiving. But after that I think I’m going to do another 10 day challenge with 1-2 planned drinking days for date nights.

Hope everyone has a Happy and safe thanksgiving

Bravo on completing the challenge!!

Writing is one of the ways that not drinking has made me more productive and creative.

I wrote on my blog about less alcohol and my going over 9 months so far.

Link on my profile, which is public. /shamelessplug :smiley:

@Orphia You're going to have to be more shameless than that. I would love a link to your blog. :)

MFP don't like people posting links to your own blog/site. They say it's because you might profit from it, not that I am! They don't mind it if someone else posts your link, just not the owner of the site.

I sent you a PM with the link.

• Orphia
    Hope our American friends all had a nice Thanksgiving.

Don't beat yourself up if you had a few drinks to celebrate.
  • SanDiegofitmom
    Took a little break from the internet during the past week. Holiday went well. Dinner out so not all day eating of left overs. And only had a hot coffee with hazelnut liqueur in it at dinner time.

This month will be my driest month ever since January 2018. I can claim I drank total in one month, what would be a "normal drinking DAY" for me. Before I started serious alcohol moderation.

Congrats to everyone keeping it under control either with AF or mindful drinking practices. Let's get through the end of the year with success and gratification.

Cheers to all of us! 🍵

That’s awesome! I’ve been having wine in moderation since Thanksgiving. Monday I will kick off another challenge for myself, wine, calories and exercise all included. I find the challenges really appeal to my competitive side :)