Don't be that Vegetarian...

Options

Replies

• noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Don't be that kind of meat eater either. Insinuating that your food choices are superior to others is always uncool. That goes both ways.
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    noel2fit wrote: »
    Don't be that kind of meat eater either. Insinuating that your food choices are superior to others is always uncool. That goes both ways.

I wouldn't do that...but...humans have consumed meat, milk and eggs for millions of years...somebody came across you mumbling newly hypothesis, people who has running filtered water, vaccines, genetically modified veggies, genetically modified fruits, chlorinated water and yet they say they're naturalists, and that they know and I don't.

That my farm's poultry offends them and that some how..I gonna die sooner because of my feeding...

Half the vegans I cross paths with deceive and lie for imposing their point...I haven't seen this the way around with people in a party explaining why eating meat is for us, or saying that they're morally superior for having milk...
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    :'(
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

Agreed. I think often with considerate people the issue won't even come up unless you know people well enough, or happen to eat together at times.

Most of my family is vegetarian, and none of them are "that" vegetarian. Seems like it's the carnivores who have chips on their shoulders and always want to start a discussion...

But then there was my best friend in high school, who blasted "Meat Is Murder" every time her parents grilled brats... She was the worst. I slipped a small morsel of chicken into her cheese sandwich one day. She ate it. I am not sorry.

Hold on with the labels now. I'm a carnivore and have never tricked someone into eating meat. Though I do have a vegan neighbor who is the type that deserves it. Name your price and I may be willing to employ you to do the dirty work!! :)

I actually have two neighbors that are vegan. One is well informed, considerate of other eating habits, and doesn't judge. The other is essentially a nutcase, judging people, protesting anything that comes along, trying to provoke, etc. He wasn't quite sure what to do when I asked him when they were going to free the captive animals they call pets. Of course in his mind that is different!
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    I won't be cause imma keep eating meat on purpose.
  • beagletracks
    Options
    I'm sorry, @robertw486, but my days of secret meat sabotage are long past! It was a special circumstance nearly 30 years ago. Judgmental loudmouthed hypocrites are awful, whatever their diets.
  • robertw486
    Options
    I'm sorry, @robertw486, but my days of secret meat sabotage are long past! It was a special circumstance nearly 30 years ago. Judgmental loudmouthed hypocrites are awful, whatever their diets.

I couldn't do it anyway. And I completely agree about the hypocrites are awful thing. When they are at their worst, I force them to look in a mirror. Usually shuts them down then they have to face themselves.
  • beagletracks
    Options
    Yes, agreed! Almost as bad as passive-aggressive narcissists! :)
  • robertw486
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    In my personal experience, most people that are the loud judgement types when it comes to ways of eating are more into it just for that reason. The people I know that do it for themselves rarely bring it up, and then only when it applies such as a food conversation or something.

Some people just like to judge other people. Sadly it applies to people in all walks of life, and many ways of eating. It seems to me the worst offenders often judge others in a much different way than they judge themselves. What a waste of energy IMO.

The hypocrisy in your post is outstanding. You waste most of your posts crying and moaning about how other people are online then you post that, priceless. You forgot to post how things were so much better back in your day. Don't change your ways now Robert.

Time to judge yourself.

You're much more transparent than you seem to think. And it's complete comedy to me that you take yourself so seriously. You keep fishing though, maybe someone else will bite. Having seen your willingness to apply judgement, it's no shock that a new user name might come into play.

Unlike some who choose to only cast judgement outward, I judge myself harder than anyone I would ever utter a word about. And I know that as fact. But keep fishing!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    What I put in my mouth is nobody's business.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I-caught-a-fish-this-big-I-swear-it.jpg
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    This thread cracks me up. My response to a lot of this... on both sides:

qo0ojngm0zmd.gif

Let's just agree that food is food and nourishment. People can choose to have different nourishment, but no one's method is "superior". That's why there are so many options.
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Vegans are the worst.

I wouldn't do that...but...humans have consumed meat, milk and eggs for millions of years...somebody came across you mumbling newly hypothesis, people who has running filtered water, vaccines, genetically modified veggies, genetically modified fruits, chlorinated water and yet they say they're naturalists, and that they know and I don't.

That my farm's poultry offends them and that some how..I gonna die sooner because of my feeding...

Half the vegans I cross paths with deceive and lie for imposing their point...I haven't seen this the way around with people in a party explaining why eating meat is for us, or saying that they're morally superior for having milk...

Deceit and lies, eh?
    Oh, poultry farmer - nuff said. :)
  • cathyL11
    cathyL11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I agree that everyone should be able to eat as they see fit. As a carnivore though, I feel a bit threatened by all the “plant only” propaganda out in the community and the media. It’s at the point where now, some institutions are imposing meat free days in their cafeterias or their food offerings as if that’s somehow a good thing. Many people are made to feel guilty about eating meat and are being brainwashed into thinking that the planet would be better off if we were all vegetarian. You see and hear it all the time in the media and on social network sites. The jury is still out on that score. Plant based agriculture is not benign to the planet, it thins the topsoil and strips out nutrients from the soil whereas ruminant based agriculture can add to the soil and sequester carbon. I think that any members and researchers on food guidelines advisory panels ( like the WHO ) should disclose if they are vegan or vegetarian as a conflict of interest because they often have an ideological agenda that influences their decisions.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Okaaaay. I'm a pescatarian. I do what's right for me and keep my mouth shut around others. However, if the subject of factory farming arises, I'm not going to keep my mouth shut. I don't have qualms with people eating meat, I have BIG problems with industrial farming. Still, I don't want to eat meat even if it comes from a lovely little family farm.

This year I'm working on finding humane sources for dairy. And seafood that isn't overfished.

Another mostly pescetarian - my goal is meat a few times a year, on holidays. You might find these resources of interest:

https://www.ewg.org/research/labeldecoder/
    https://www.ewg.org/research/ewgs-good-seafood-guide
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    We don't have to be perfect. But there is nothing wrong with us speaking for those who don't have a voice, those who are used for the pleasure of others.

I have no judgment for those who have accidentally eaten animal products.

What about those poor plants who don't have a voice? :'( you know they are living things too...
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    capnrus789 wrote: »
    If everyone were a vegetarian you'd have to walk around with a hatchet or machete, carving your way through the hordes of turkeys, chickens and cows wildly roaming the planet.

You have no idea. When the vegetarian uprising frees all the animals from their prisons, the cows will take vengeance on us all. Have you ever seen an angry herd of carnivorous cows?
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Holy necromancy Batman