JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,087 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Well I had an interesting day yesterday. I woke up to knee deep water surrounding our entire house. The river behind and the swamp next to us both crested the bank overnight due to torrential rain over the weekend. I left to go to the gym while it was still dark out and didnt find out we were flooded until I stepped off my front stoop...I was able to move my car but not Matt's. I parked up at my parents house about 200 yards away and had to walk through knee deep freezing water a whole bunch of times. At about 5:30 I went out to see if there was anything that we could tie a rope around Matt's to tow it out so I ended up kneeling in the water up to my chest reaching under the car. I couldn't find anything. I hopped right in the shower as soon as I got back inside. Oh! And it was raining again...Thankfully no water got in the house! The water has dropped significantly so Matt can get it out today, we're just hoping that the interior isn't ruined. Matt has severe asthma so mold will make it hard for him to breathe. Thank God we have comprehensive insurance though. So if we do need to get it repaired we can. The cold water wiped me out though. I ended up in bed by 9:30. But I think that I got too much sleep because I had the hardest time getting up this morning. Thank goodness I can go in late today or I would have been totally screwed. Lol.

The sky is bright blue and I dont think there isn't any rain in the forecast for the next few days. Hopefully the water will go down even further today. Right now it's about the quarter of the way up his tire. I'll post a before and after picture if I can.

Okay!

I didnt hit many of my goals yesterday with everything that happened so I'm just going to start fresh.

JFT, 11-27-18

1. Log all food!
    2. Bring lunch to work
    3. Work 9:15-5:15
    4. Take a walk on my lunch
    5. 5 somethings per bathroom trip
    6. Actually make dinner!!!!!
    7. Dishes
    8. Work on budget!
    9. Bed by 10

Have a great day everyone!

See this is what I find so funny about British people. We moan when it's raining (like spitting) and moan it's too hot, too cold, too cloudy, too windy.
    And there you are knee/chest deep in rain water trying to love a car and other people get their houses (lol that autocorrected to horses) ripped away by hurricanes and yet we moan about a tiny bit of rain :lol:

I would not survive over there!

Haha OMG, that was meant to say move not love! I'm pretty sure you were not "loving" your car!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    A little late to post but my am got away from me!

Tracked in Happy Scale.
    Pretrack most meals/snacks.
    Pilates (haven't done it for so long and I was popping & cracking).
    Meditate.
    Sit for all meals/snacks.
    Craving protein...
    Walk dog for 30mins.
    Making pasta tonight and adding in zucchini.
    Early bedtime.

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Monday, 11/26/18)
    1) Log ALL my food for the day :)
    2) Go to the gym :)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water BEFORE having a Diet Coke :)
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day :)

JFT (Tuesday, 11/27/18)
    1) Log ALL my food for the day
    2) Go to the gym
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water BEFORE having a Diet Coke
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    My prediction came true and I was just too tired to work out this morning. Need to make sure I manage it for the rest of the week as bf is taking me away this weekend for my 40th and want some calories banked! I did manage a run at lunchtime though and came in under goal today so not a disaster.

Tuesday goals recap
    - morning workout ❎
    - pay class rep for Xmas gifts ✅
    - amend amazon subscriptions ✅
    - sort tonight pick up arrangements ✅
    - home at lunchtime for car (run home) ✅
    - donate units at school✅
    - pack deliveries✅
    - leave by 5✅
    - dinner for girls pre concert✅
    - concert 7-8✅
    - early night ✅

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout
    - Water water water!
    - Home at lunchtime for car (run)
    - Meet with assistant head?
    - Eyebrows and grocery shopping
    - Cash for piano teacher
    - Early night

Have read everyone’s posts and sounds like a bit of a mixed bag. Keeping fingers crossed for better weather, healthy children/family and rest and energy for us all. X
  • Bex953172
    Options
    OK so I'm back from the school run! I walked today and the cold air perked me up a bit!
    Although it was freezinf because when I got home and went to the toilet even the toilet seat felt warm LOL

Sooo Tuesday goals
    - 8 glasses of water ❎
    - Be in the green✔️
    - Exercise❎❎❎ (what was I thinking lol)
    - Tidy the house✔️
    - November Challenge❎
    - coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee✔️✔️✔️

So today has been hard, well no its been okay but the lack of sleep is really starting to hit me now. It did before but I had an energy drink lol!
    I don't know why I wrote down Exercise, there was no chance of that happening!

Marley had to come home early from nursery, when I dropped her off she was fine and dancing away in the music room and about 90mins later I got a call, they said she just turned pale so quickly and was burning up and she had gone to sleep on some pillows and it was just not like her. So I ran and got her, bit of Calpol and Shrek on the telly and she perked up! I even took her back to the nursery when collecting Saskia just to show them she was okay because they were all worried for her.
    She did turn again, when we got home she went to sleep again and started to burn up so more Calpol, dinner and bed. Hopefully tomorrow she will be okay but she's at home with me anyway.

Other than that I'm sat here writing because I seriously CBA cleaning..
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    My dinner dilemma continues - DH just said he would cook some cubed pork since he can defrost it quickly and then read my mind and said or we can get KFC! I'm like YESSSSS but NOOOOO. Leaving work two hours later than normal so cooking something at home means not eating until atleast 7 or 8 and I didnt pack a protein snack today so that's a stretch - okay now I'm just reasoning with my KFC addled brain lol. Just added a famous bowl to my diary and it doesn't put me as much in the red as I thought it would, so I think I'll take the path of least resistance tonight and plan on pork tomorrow! Now to resist the cookie the meal comes with and prepare myself that the scale will probably be over 180 tomorrow with all the sodium but its a choice I'm making so I gotta deal!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,782 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    My dinner dilemma continues - DH just said he would cook some cubed pork since he can defrost it quickly and then read my mind and said or we can get KFC! I'm like YESSSSS but NOOOOO. Leaving work two hours later than normal so cooking something at home means not eating until atleast 7 or 8 and I didnt pack a protein snack today so that's a stretch - okay now I'm just reasoning with my KFC addled brain lol. Just added a famous bowl to my diary and it doesn't put me as much in the red as I thought it would, so I think I'll take the path of least resistance tonight and plan on pork tomorrow! Now to resist the cookie the meal comes with and prepare myself that the scale will probably be over 180 tomorrow with all the sodium but its a choice I'm making so I gotta deal!

I make that choice too, it's when you make it every night that it becomes an issue. Enjoy it!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »

I make that choice too, it's when you make it every night that it becomes an issue. Enjoy it!

Thank you! Youre right. It hit the spot. I gave the cookie away! Win!!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Long day so this will be a quick one. Thanks everyone for the kind words!
    @snowflake1968 That Santa photo is just a riot! What a great memory :)
    @Bex953172 Your Casey is an absolute doll! Hope tonight goes better.
    @HEGoddard0928 How awful! I'm glad everyone is safe but what a mess! Thinking of you today.

For Today:
    Up with alarm ✅
    Drink 80 oz. of water ✅
    Work out in am ✅
    Follow the Mayo Clinic Diet 2-week plan (DAY 2!) ✅
    Track and post here ✅

For tomorrow:
    Up with alarm
    Drink 80 oz. of water
    Work out 30 minutes
    Do a load of laundry
    Follow the Mayo Clinic Diet 2-week plan (DAY 3!)
    Track and post here

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    Tues
    1`. log all food :) But ended up hubby wanted ice cream ... but... I just had a small bowl
    2. go to walmart if I have time :/
    3. mindful eating :)
    4. sit while eating :)
    5. read response cards :)
    6. work on tote bags :) One more to go!
    7. write in journal :)
    8. try and call niece :/ No answer again
    9. concentrate on water - 2 c every meal, sip on water in the evening :)
    10. listen to podcast :/ sewing now, but may try later tonite yet.
    11. do SKY breathing (I think thats what its called) :/

JFT, Wed
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating
    3. sit down while I eat
    4. read response cards
    5. concentrate on water
    6. go to the doctor of yearly physical
    7. finish up tote bags ... so I can start more xmas gifts .. .embroideried towel sets
    8. listen to podcast
    9. read beck diet solution.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

nhnvguptat17.jpg

OMG --- Just love this little doll!!!! Bex, she looks just like you ... all that hair!!! Thanks for sharing .. makes us realize how fast time goes by! Yes. ... I'm one of those proud honorary aunts!
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals:
    1. Do 2 Min plank, side & front - no. was late from the doctor
    2. Walk for 3 Km minimum - no. was late from the doctor
    3. Do sudharshana kriya - no. was late from the doctor
    4. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food - Spent 42, need to compensate for this in coming days
    5. Learn about incoterms - Learnt half

JFT, Wednesday:
    1. Do 2 Min plank, side & front
    2. Walk for 3 Km minimum
    3. Do sudharshana kriya
    4. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food
    5. Learn about incoterms

Things I need to work on gradually:
    1. Be consistent in exercising
    2. Work on saving money
    3. Drink enough water
    4. Reduce sugar in tea & coffee. Use stevia instead
    5. Be within calorie limit & create a deficit
    6. Learn something w.r.t work everyday
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    q0p7618o9k4w.jpg

LOL
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. AM lifting? Pack lunch. Feed cats. Shower. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. LEAVE EARLY! MEETING BEFORE SCHOOL!
    2. Develop week 18. Print rubric for Machiavelli project. CALL PARENTS. (?) Review weekly project for masters. Meeting during planning as well (UGH).
    3. Class 2-3: Documentary; catch-up day. Reflection 44. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). 2nd needs their progress reports.
    4. Class 4 - Catch-up day. Reflection 44. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Review S2 plans. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Review unit plans and compare to notes outlines. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    6. Zumba 5:30. Discussion post responses. WRITE A BLOG POST. Put pumpkin creamer in bag to take to school.
    7. Put laundry away. Check grocery list. Check on headpins and eyepins for beadcraft! Continue reading How We Learn. Goal: 50 pages tonight. Ask D about charity Christmas presents?
    8. Prep Wed lunch - BBQ salad. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Wednesday
    1. AM weights. Feed cats. Shower. Pack breakfast & lunch. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. November challenge - red cup and fives! TAKE SHOES AND TSHIRT.
    2. Finish Week 18. Duo. Blog post. Review weekly project. Need to RS dr appts for 2/7 as it conflicts with conference 2/7 and 2/8. Check on sub for 2/7 and 2/8 as well as 2/28 and 3/1. Dr appts March? April? DOUBLE CHECK WEEK 17.
    3. Class 2-3: Present Machiavelli projects. Reflection 45. WM ch 2. Add to class website; update class websites. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Class 4 - Reflection 45. Socratic Seminar. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Review S2 plans. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Review unit plans and compare to notes outlines. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    6. Quiz. Write blog comments. Draft essay. Put laundry away. How We Learn p. 130-180.
    7. Strength 4:30. Add 'headpins and eyepins' to grocery list. Make plans for next week's meals and update grocery list.
    8. Prep Thu lunch: Beef stew. Chop celery. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:20.

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Jewelry - check on headpins and eyepins. Check on black/orange jewelry and see what color of metal is used.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    3. Create poetry project using Those Winter Sundays, Sonnet 18, and Sonnet 30.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler,
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook.
    8. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    10. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.
    11. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.

Shoot... my weigh-in is gone... ah well, I'll see if I can't find it in a previous post. Today: 189.2.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @clicketykeys I found this on page 479 posted 12th Nov.

"Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    Today: 188.8"

Does that help?
  • sarah74_vt
    Options
    Ah man, I fell asleep finally at around 2 am.
    My partner sent me downstairs for coughing at around 3.30... I tried to get back to sleep, couldn't do it. So watched YouTube videos and then I started to feel. Sleepy around 5am until Marley started shouting me saying she'd been sick, fortunately it was just water she threw up from. Coughing so I changed her sheets and it's now 6.25am and my. Alarm goes off in 5 mins!

Today.. Will be interesting!
    I really want to go get my e cig from.the bedroom. But don't want to wake my OH!

But anyway, I took a pic of Casey yesterday in ultimate chill out mode haha

nhnvguptat17.jpg

She is adorable! Look at all that hair! My boys are 19 and 15 and have NEVER had that much hair...LOL! :smile:
  • sarah74_vt
    Options
    JFY (Tuesday, 11/27/18)
    1) Log ALL my food for the day :)
    2) Go to the gym :) (and shoveled the driveway...twice! Ugh)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water BEFORE having a Diet Coke :)
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day :)

JFT (Wednesday, 11/28/18)
    1) Log ALL my food for the day
    2) Shovel the driveway (it's that time of year again)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water BEFORE having a Diet Coke
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day