What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Options

Replies

• Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Go to a Starbucks, or many other coffee chains -- it's a seasonal thing.

Here's an informational piece: https://slate.com/culture/2015/08/pumpkin-spice-latte-will-have-real-pumpkin-in-it-starbucks-announces-that-s-a-terrible-idea.html

Thanks for the info. We don’t have Starbucks here - we did for a few years but they went bust. Probably because of disgusting things like PSL haha (I’m in Australia)
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,846 Member
    Options
    I hate soy sauce. I won't eat anything that has it in it.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    mbro254 wrote: »
    aspartame is not the devil and coke zero rocks my world
    Pepsi tastes like regret
    Cheese and ice cream are a little overrated (not Brie tho)
    nuts as a snack option are seriously overrated and a bad idea (for me at least lol)

Pepsi > Coke

Nuts are a bad idea for me because IBS. I miss them.

Those are "fight-in werdz" down South...esp. ATL, where there is no such thing as Pepsi...all soda/pop/soft drink is simply referred to as "Coke" regardless of whether said soda/pop/soft drink is cola-based or not (orange pop/fanta/etc. = orange coke...in Atlanta at least)

I love Pepsi Max, but we went to ATL for vacation a few years ago & the World of Coke was really cool. Getting to try all the varieties of coke sold all over the world was really interesting.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    admaarie wrote: »
    I feel like I’m not alone on this but I personally think that dark chocolate taste 10x better than milk chocolate.

Hummus isn’t that great.

Protein powders are gross

I like a couple protein powders (Garden of Life Sport chocolate being my favourite in terms of taste and texture), but I've noticed that I can't have them more than a couple times a week on average or I'll start gagging when drinking them.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I only like cereal dry.
    Not a big fan of cereal in general, though. Haven't had any months.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I feel like I’m not alone on this but I personally think that dark chocolate taste 10x better than milk chocolate.

Hummus isn’t that great.

I agree with you on the dark chocolate but I think hummus is pretty great! Can't comment on protein powders.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    JBApplebee wrote: »
    mbro254 wrote: »
    aspartame is not the devil and coke zero rocks my world
    Pepsi tastes like regret
    Cheese and ice cream are a little overrated (not Brie tho)
    nuts as a snack option are seriously overrated and a bad idea (for me at least lol)

Pepsi > Coke

Nuts are a bad idea for me because IBS. I miss them.

Those are "fight-in werdz" down South...esp. ATL, where there is no such thing as Pepsi...all soda/pop/soft drink is simply referred to as "Coke" regardless of whether said soda/pop/soft drink is cola-based or not (orange pop/fanta/etc. = orange coke...in Atlanta at least)

I love Pepsi Max, but we went to ATL for vacation a few years ago & the World of Coke was really cool. Getting to try all the varieties of coke sold all over the world was really interesting.

World of Coke/Museum is an awesome experience...always recommend going to if new to ATL
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 465 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Hummus isn’t that great.

Agree on the protein powders and the chocolate sentiment. Dark chocolate rules

also
    Starbucks coffee is about as tasty as polluted river water
    All soda drinks suck, the are too sweet, and make me bloat
    With most salad dressings you can't taste te salad anymore, just the dressing.

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Hummus isn’t that great.

Plain chocolate like a chocolate bar, maybe with almonds, I strongly prefer dark chocolate. The white Kit Kat is my favorite, though. Peanuts or raisins? It has to be milk chocolate.

Yeah, hummus is just okay and I don't think the comment about protein powders is at all unusual. When you read posts asking for recommendations, it's usually about which is the most palatable in shakes. Having said that, the Pure Protein salted caramel bars with 20g of whey are amazingly good, IMO.

Yes! Peanuts in chocolate has to be milk chocolate. I hate raisins with chocolate though.

I used to think, back when I could still have nuts (sob... sorry, still dealing with this! LOL at myself), the same thing.

Then I had these

41Wub%2BSiGOL.jpg

It might be that there's a variety of nuts. It might be the touch of salt. It might be the high proportion of nuts. I don't know what it is, but those things are freaking delicious.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    I hate soy sauce. I won't eat anything that has it in it.

Are you my sister? D is that you? :D

Seriously, she will go on about her hatred of it! So you're not alone.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Mountain Dew looks like radiator fluid?

Anti-freeze. Yup.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    The only way I eat cereal is with yogurt, never milk.
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    The only way I eat cereal is with yogurt, never milk.

I need to try this.

The only cereals I actually like are honey nut Cheerios and honey/banana nut shreddies though.
    Not a fan of the super sugary tasting ones.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I haven't read ALL of these so sorry if a repeat but... in my opinion sweet potatoes are definitely not a replacement for potatoes - either as chips, mash, wedges or baked. They are sweet and wet (a good jacket spud should be dry and fluffy) and dont belong on a plate with savoury foods. As for the prospect of sweet potato mash on shepherd's pie, cottage pie or fish pie - just no! As a snack, baked potato with cream cheese is just about passable - but it does make me think I'm having a dessert.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I only like cereal dry.
    Not a big fan of cereal in general, though. Haven't had any months.

I hate all cold cereal (I like oatmeal).

When I was a kid I'd occasionally have to eat it (slumber parties and such) and would manage, but I would not eat it voluntarily at home, and since then I've never had it. I can't understand why it's so popular, I think it's completely unappealing, dry or with milk.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Cooked fruit (except for berries) is disgusting.

Fruit in salad or in things like chicken/tuna salad is gross.

I hate bacon wrapped food. I love bacon, but I don't want everything else to taste like it.

Coconut is gross and has a weird texture. The smell of it makes me gag and it ticks me off that every moisturizing shampoo smells like it!

Cauliflower mash will NEVER taste like normal mashed potatoes!

Spaghetti squash is terrible.