Burnin Thru Augus(Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'd rather just wait Joyous and let you do it ... I have never actually seen a spread sheet throughout the whole challenge anyways ... I always assumed it was tallied up at the end of the month!?
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Pooh ~ Dieting_Mommy has agreed to post the challenges for me.
    SCC88 ~ I assume so. I have doubts on Gary's formulas but I am waiting for his responses.
  • SCC88
    Options
    Completed the poxy 200 jumping jacks, the 21's & woodchops. I also did another 200 crunches today bringing my weekly total to 700 :-)
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    AUGUST CHALLENGE #4: INSPIRE AND RETIRE!
    Week 4 and FINAL Daily Challenges

Day 1: 2 sets of 20 Windshield Wipers, 3 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of Swimmer’s Press
    Day 2: 2 sets of 20 Tuck Jumps, 50 Squat Kicks, 20 Globe Jumps
    Day 3: 20 Split Squat Jumps, 3 sets of 20 Wood Chops
    Day 4: 40 ZigZag Hops, 3 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Press
    Day 5: 2 sets of 20 Burpees, 50 Squat Kicks, 20 Globe Jumps
    Day 6: 20 Mountain Climbers, 3 Sets of 20 Wood Chops, 3 sets of 20 Tuck Jumps
    Rest on Sunday (or day of choice)

Monday 8/29 - Final Days make them count! 200 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 10 burpees, 10 mountain
    climbers, 10 globe jumps, 10 Squat Kicks, 10 ZigZag Hops! These are a little different. IF YOU ARE ABLE
    AND YOU ARE! Do these consecutively. No stopping to rest, don’t break these into sets! I’ve designed
    this so you can see just how far you’ve come. Many of you would never be able to do all of these in one
    setting on August 1st. BUT YOU’VE Found the inner Beast, You’ve Unleashed you ROCKSTAR and you’ve
    become an EXERCISE MACHINE. I’m proud of you and you should be VERY proud of yourself!

Tuesday 8/30- Final Days make them count! Walk, Run, Jog a 5K that is 3.2 miles straight no stopping! As
    fast or as slow as you need to! YOU CAN DO IT I PROMISE! At 447lbs I did it in one hour and 15minutes
    with 3 hills. You can do this I promise! PUSH YOURSELF AND PROVE TO YOURSELF YOU ARE A WARRIOR!
    Wednesday - REST BECAUSE THURSDAY ITS GOING TaaaaaRIBALLLLL!!!!!!!!

Weekly Team Challenge
    4000 team crunches, 4000 Jumping Jacks and 100 extra miles! This equals about 200 per team for
    crunches and jumping jacks for the week along with an extra 5 miles for each team member! The Last
    part of the team weekly challenge is solicit a friend or family member to join MFP and begin the next
    month’s journey with you. Inspire others that’s easy. The retire portion of the week is about looking
    back at the past 30 days. You have had to retire many old habits, many excuses and reasons why not to
    exercise. It’s time to retire those and move forward to the new you! YOU ARE MY INSPIRATIONS! Keep
    it up as we INSPIRE our circle of influence and RETIRE the old ways! Go Inspirations Go!
  • VelcroPooh
    VelcroPooh Posts: 152
    Options
    Everything done for today and 50 more situps, which puts me at 150...Lol....I feel like a wimp on these comparred to the rest of you.
  • Windedhl
    Windedhl Posts: 17
    Options
    Everything done for today and 50 more situps, which puts me at 150...Lol....I feel like a wimp on these comparred to the rest of you.
    you shouldn't. you put quite a few of us (me mostly) to shame with the pushups!
  • Bre_Deveraux
    Options
    completed everything for thursday , now im up early working on todays !

im up to 400 crunches , today i'll probably on do 50 extra crunches since we have to do 100 already .
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Quick check in because I'm away from the computer today:

Day 4 yesterday - complete, however, I did not get any ab work in, but I'll make up for it by close of week. (I'm at about 150 crunches so far - so 1/2 way there)
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options

Don't feel like that I'm only t 150 too! But I suppose we have to look at it this way, some weeks we'll carry some people (walking), and other weeks people will carry us (crunches) :happy: Its a team!
  • SCC88
    Options

Hey! Every penny counts ya know!

Next week I will commit myself to 10 extra miles, 1400 crunches and 1000+ jumping jacks (as much as I have grown to loathe them!)
    I actually can't wait to start now! Just hope my stoooopid blisters hurry up and heal for a solid week of jogging!!
    Also what is that guy on about "rest on wednesday because thursday is gona be ________" what the frick!?!?!
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    I actually can't wait to start now! Just hope my stoooopid blisters hurry up and heal for a solid week of jogging!!
    Also what is that guy on about "rest on wednesday because thursday is gona be ________" what the frick!?!?!
    That's a reference to the September Challenge.

Have done every thing for the week except the 2 miles but I figure my 14 mile hike down the grand canyon will conver that. I've done 700 crunches so far. I'll do another 300 before the week is done.
    I'm with you SCC88. I HATE JUMPING JACKS!!!! They're boring, painful on my bossom, and embaressing becuase I know my downstairs neighbors can here me. They make me stabby.

For next week, I can commit to 20 extra miles, 1000+ crunches, but some one has got to carry me on the bloody jumping jacks. I'll do 250 but any more and I may go crazy..
  • dbgirl23
    dbgirl23 Posts: 32
    Options
    My electricity was out for like 10 hours yesterday, but I did the challenge in the dark... I didn't get my normal workout in because it was storming outside and I obviously couldn't do my video workout... It was a great day let me tell ya... but alas I made it to day 5!!!
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    My electricity was out for like 10 hours yesterday, but I did the challenge in the dark... I didn't get my normal workout in because it was storming outside and I obviously couldn't do my video workout... It was a great day let me tell ya... but alas I made it to day 5!!!
    good job!
  • VelcroPooh
    Options
    Ok, I'll commit to 10 miles and try to do more, you know how I am on the crunches, so I'll commit to 250 :(, but the jumping jacks don't bother me, so I'll commit to 1000+ of those to help Joyous out since you guys keep carrying me on the crunches.
  • SCC88
    Options
    Completed todays challenges! 50 evil ups & downs done plus 100 crunches, sorry but i couldnt do any additional crunches because I'm too knackered! Just finished work and its gone 1am, I'll make up for it tomorrow! My weekly total still stands at 700 crunches.

Bed time for me now :yawn:
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    Hey Ladies!!

Do we get to keep our team together for Sept? I sure hope so! As much fun as it is to meet new people I have grown to love you all and I don't want to be in a different group.

Sorry for not checking in yesterday. Been crazy busy but managed to get everything in! 3 checks for me. I made my diary public if ya wanna check up on me.

I have all of my challenges done for the week and 750 crunches. 250 tonight. Gonna make it to 1000 if it kills me lol.

Angel
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    Completed todays challenges! 50 evil ups & downs done plus 100 crunches, sorry but i couldnt do any additional crunches because I'm too knackered! Just finished work and its gone 1am, I'll make up for it tomorrow! My weekly total still stands at 700 crunches.

Bed time for me now :yawn:

Those ups and downs ARE evil!!!! My lower back and ankles were screaming when I was finished!
  • Windedhl
    Windedhl Posts: 17
    Options
    Do we get to keep our team together for Sept? I sure hope so! As much fun as it is to meet new people I have grown to love you all and I don't want to be in a different group.
    i think that's a great idea. i love this team
  • SCC88
    Options
    Those ups and downs ARE evil!!!! My lower back and ankles were screaming when I was finished!

They kill the tops of my legs, all that jumping and my legs want to give up! May have to keep doing them though, if theyre so challenging for me, they must be working :-)
  • VelcroPooh
    Options
    Good news....Bad news....my 25th High School Reunion was last night and tonight. I didn't blow it by huge proportions, but margaritas don't do you any good when you have to come in from work and head straight out. I couldn't get any exercise in yesterday. I will make up that today and I got my water in. So my diary was over, but it was nice to see I could go out and still manage to do what will later be a maintainance level for me. I'm not concerned about tonight's event as there will be dancing involved, so I'll burn some calories. Last night was just sitting around and catching up with everyone.

Good news? I lost 3.2 lbs this week! :)

Angel, I too have enjoyed this team and I really like these challenges. I hope they continue it on through the fall and winter as I think that will be a very challenging time of the year. I want to do it again, but I'm going to have to drop September out of fairness to everyone. I will be gone a week for a cruise (so no way to log or keep up) and then again for a 5-day work conference. I probably can log there but I know I can't during cruise week. I'm not worried about food and exercise that week because I will get plenty of both! Ha ha. Conference week will be tougher because we have catored food so we can just keep going through lunch, and they don't offer to much healthy! I'm going to have to pack my own snacks and make myself exercise that week...but I'll get it.