NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

ANNOUNCEMENT **** ********* It will be 100 F / 38C here in West Australia today************************

@trooworld - I am here :) Sorry to hear that you had a rough day at work. I think that one piece of chocolate is a major win!!. Maybe you can set a roster for Sunday - you in the morning and DH in the arvo.I am glad in am in air conditioning at work today.

@cbabie - I am sure you know what is best for you medically, we are just showing our concern. How old is DGD and what is baby's name? Sometimes you have those "binge days" but you are still here trying so as far as I am concerned it is a win.

@theslightedgeforever - what is the measurement 1/2c mean - is it 1/2 a cup? Great job on following your plan ? how is the water intake going?

@TeresaW1020 - It is always nice just to do something for the both of you.

@prisoner2food - How did you go with staying out of the staff room?

Well it is Monday here and off to work I go. It is a long end of month process today. Decided I am going to set my iPhone alarm and get up every 40 min.

I have packed a green smoothie for breakfast today, we will see how filling that it and if it gets me to lunch time

Take care everyone

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I hope you got in your meal prep. That one thing seems to help you the most.

@TrishasTime Thank God for AC right? I can’t imagine what they did before. Yes 1/2c is 1/2 cup. I forgot you use grams Or milliliters. Water intake could be better. I really need to increase it being sick. I have no thirst indicator and if stomach gets too full with liquids it backs up. But trying to change that habit.

Ok back to reading. Day 7 done except I only got in 5 min of exercise. I got on the treadmill and felt lightheaded. I’ve decided to rename my Day 8 as Day 1 and just count seven days. It’s easier.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever, so sorry to read that you and DH are sick. I hope you both start feeling better soon!! Congrats on your weight loss. That is fantastic!! Keep it up girl and drink your water!! :)

@cbabie, I hope you are feeling a little better. Your life is putting so many demands on you and stress is such a joy stealer. It's easy to say, just pray and turn it over to God, but when you are in the thick of it that isn't an easy answer and it can feel hollow at times. But we both know that without Him it could be so much worse. (((hugs)))

@TrishasTime, So glad you have your AC!! That is a good idea to set your alarm to remember to get up and move. I'm trying to get in the habit of whenever I get up to use the bathroom at work I will walk around or even in place and to get 200 steps. Only takes a minute or two and it really adds up. You just need to drink enough water so you have to get up a lot. :D

@trooworld, sharing the kitchen sounds super frustrating!! Is there any way you two can come to some kind of compromise?

@prisoner2food, staff rooms at this time of year are the worst!! Good for you for staying clear of it. :)

Good morning! It is going to be another gorgeous fall day here which I'm thankful for. It was so cold over the last couple of weeks that I thought fall had just decided to sleep in and let winter have its way with Georgia. :/ Yesterday, after church we decided to do a little shopping. Well, I decided and dragged hubby along. We went to TJ Maxx which wasn't as crowded as I feared it might be. We bought the dog more toys because they have the best prices anywhere! I seriously think we need an intervention for our need to buy toys for this little dog. Spoiled is an understatement!! I'm wondering if the humane society takes old toy donations? :*

OK, I'm off to work. I get to have two days off this week because the bookkeeper needs to work this Wednesday. So yay for me!! Have a great day! <3
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,027 Member
    Options
    @TrishasTime Hi! Oh my, 100F/38C!!! Dear me! I guess I would be happy to be in the a/c too. I think me in the morning, DH in the afternoon/early afternoon is a good plan. He goes to his family's house at about 2pm, so I'd need to be out of the kitchen at about 1pm. I hope the green smoothie keeps you full. Getting up every 40 minutes is a good idea.

@theslightedgeforever yes it does. I hope you feel better.

@TeresaW1020 I don't know, I've tried to ask him to do his cooking on Saturdays in the past but he doesn't. :( It's too small of a kitchen to have more than one person in it at once. I think I'll just have to get in there right away on Sundays. I never thought of looking for dog toys at TJ Maxx! Thanks for the idea! Enjoy your days off yay!!!

Hi all. Well, I somehow managed to get the meal prep done AND fold the laundry yesterday. And I'm almost done listening to the audiobook that I'm listening to (The Great Alone by Kristen Hannah, which is really good but warning: there is domestic abuse in it so if that kind of thing bothers you, than this book may not be for you). I'm going to try to listen/read more books next year. In this year's Goodreads challenge, I only said I would read 10 books and so far, I've read 14 books. Next year, I'm going to commit to 25 books. I think between listening and reading books, I can do that. Okay, I guess that isn't weight related, but...in weight-related news, that Roasted Sweet Potato, Pear & Pomegranate Spinach Salad I had for dinner last night was super good and really pretty! :)
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Morning all
    @TeresaW1020 LOL you should probably call, I bet they do take used toys donations..
    @TrishasTime Wow I would hate to think it would be 100 here for Christmas..but if that is all you know, you think it's normal. Kind of like I had to get used to no snow in Dec...when we moved to AZ
    @theslightedgeforever Great job on the weight loss. you found something that works

Cbabie

• prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    38 degrees in Australia !!! Wow that is hot. Today it is -1 C at my house and the ground is frozen!
    Manage to snack on veggies, and 1 slice of pizza at the pot luck and counted it in my daily tally so all was good!
    Today my daughter is being induced to get her twin boys. So excited! Got my lunch packed and ready to go to spend time with her as she labours
    Have a great day!
    Karen in frozen BC
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 That looks like you have a great plan in place for steps.

@trooworld you’ve been really productive. Wish I was. Maybe tomorrow. The book sounds good.

@cbabie. Any plan works if you stick to it. That’s the hard part.

@prisoner2food You did so well at the potluck. Woohoo. Congrats on the twins. Is this your first grandchildren?

Another day down and onto the next day. Still don’t feel well enough to exercise. Tomorrow I’m going to try and do half of what I’m supposed to and start building it back up.

• trooworld
    Options
    @prisoner2food Congrats on the birth of your grandsons!

@theslightedgeforever For a change. lol Yes, it was good. Take it easy.

Hello all. Is it Friday yet??? So many people are sick at work with a cold. I don't want to catch it because I have no sick time left or vacation time at the moment. Gotta stay healthy.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

@theslightedgeforever - Well done on your weight loss. I hope you are feeling better soon. Glad you did not persist on the treadmill when you were light headed.

@cbabie - Yes Hot weather at Christmas is all I know. I have yet to experience snow - but that as well as going to Paris and Germany are on my bucket lists.

@trooworld - Sadly it is not Friday yet :( It is hot over here and we still have people with colds and chest infections. I love boos, I prefer the paper /hard copies where you actually feel the pages as you turn it. But I also have ones on my ipad. I am usually into Patricia Cornwell, Harlen Coban, Kathy Reichs, and James Patterson kind of books.

Well beside being warm over here, I have been busy doing long hours again. MY "studio" meeting tonight and I expect a gain, however got to face the music.

Take care

Trish
  • krupalip
    krupalip Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, sorry haven’t been posting updates as there is too much work to get done, younger daughter starting school (playgroup) and just life taking over
    Have been reading all the posts, don’t have much time to write, have to go for my workout

Stay strong, love to all
    @TrishasTime it’s hot here in mumbai too, it’s hot during the day but evenings are generally cooler, stay hydrated
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld It’s so hard to take it easy. It seems every time I get back in the mood and groove to exercise something happens. No energy at all so not even my half attempt at exercise worked. Listen to my body......

@TrishasTime I want to go to Germany too. I have ancestors in Bavaria. Supposedly there is some little church where my gggggrandfather donated a painting. It’s still there. It would be neat to see the church and the painting. So face the music. Dance a little bit and then change the song.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @krupalip It’s always good to take control of life not the other way around. Think of your time with us as taking care of yourself. I’d rather have you take the time to write to me than read my posts. How are you doing with your goals?
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TrishasTime I prefer hard copies too, but sadly, my apartment space doesn't allow it so I end up getting books for my Kindle or audiobooks if I intend to keep them. :( Good for you for facing the music, that's important! Go be brave!

@krupalip I'm so glad to hear from you! I hope all is well.

@theslightedgeforever Just do that, listen to your body.

Hi all. Well, my good friend Migraine came to visit yesterday at work and I had to leave work early by 2 hours. :( I took my prescription medication while at work and all it did was make me nauseous. :( I went to bed last night by 7pm and woke up feeling better but I can tell it's still there. I hope it just stays away.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld, hey girl! I'm glad you are feeling better. My mom suffered from migraines and it was just awful to watch her suffer.

@krupalip, you got a lot going on right now. Take care of yourself and reply when you have time. We aren't going anywhere. :)

@TrishasTime, how do you like calling it a studio instead of a meeting? Still trying to get used to all the new lingo. Did you get your new WW materials? I don't really mind their new focus on wellness, but I sure don't want to see them shy away from talking about weight loss. That is why people give them money. Good for you for going even if you do expect a gain. I never do well when I skip. :)

@theslightedgeforever, how are you feeling today? <3

Well, I got the day off because the bookkeeper had to work today. Woot!! I did an hour workout out, cut hubby's hair, and am cleaning house in preparation for my Friday night Christmas party. I was happy that I lost 1.2 lbs yesterday at weigh in and really hoping this party doesn't blow me out of the water. I tend to overindulge when there are platters of yummy foods right in my face. I am going to make a veggie pizza that is somewhat healthy. But the pig-n-blanket might get me in trouble. At Trader Joes, I bought a jar of blue cheese Dijon mustard. I am dying to open it and see how it taste!! :p<3
  • prisoner2food
    Options
    Spent long hours at the hospital mon and ties helping my daughter through a long labour and c-section. But the boys are here and are healthy. One was 6 pounds 11 oz and the other 7,4 so pretty good for twins no have been staying with the 22 month old and having lots of fun. My 10 yr old grandson and 5 year old granddaughter from my eldest son are super excited with their new cousins
    Staying on track as their is very little junk food here and I am busy!!
    Stay on track my friends

Karen in B.C. where is it still frozen!
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Afternoon everyone

TEMP UPDATE - We have gone from 100 degrees to where it hailed yesterday and rained overnight ....

@ krupalip - I agree with @theslightedgeforever - I consider this me time and this time lets me more balanced. I hope you can get to some sort of schedule that works for you soon.

@theslightedgeforever - We are determined to get there one day. For me it will have to be soon ( next 3 years).

@TeresaW1020 - yes collected the book - last night we went over connect - next week the new fitbit2. They have decided to move it slowly so everyone is on board. I personally like the whole wellness thing. For me wellness (which includes health, fitness, eating and drinking) - if you do that right then the weight will come off the sensible way. Congrats on your loss - well done! Cheese Dijon mustard??? It seems that in the USA - everything is partnered with cheese or do I have the wrong impression? If I had chees with Dijon, it would be a slice of cheese so I can feel the different textures.

@prisoner2food - Congratulations on the same arrival of the twins. Super exciting :) Great that you are staying on track.

Take care everyone

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld sorry about your migraine. Glad you feel better I’m getting better and managed 30 min of exercise. Eating was good.

@TeresaW1020 yaaay on the weight loss. It’s always fun to go to a meeting and lose. Studio. Pfttt. You can tell I’m not a big fan of change. If there’s a good reason..... have you tried your mustard yet?

@prisoner2food congratulations again on your new grandsons. A nice healthy weight for them. Wow your daughter has a lot on her plate. God be with her. That’s great that you are staying on track. It helps to have a clean environment

Day 3 of this week is done. I even counted out 10 bugles and said no to the Oreo cookie that dh handed me. Calories were in range and I exercised for a bit. Not very intensely I might add but I burnt some calories. Day 4 will include bookclub. I’ve already preplanned my day since I know the menu allowing enough for dessert should I decide I want some.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Morning!
    @trooworld I wish I lived closer to you , I would make you a migraine oil roller...It's totally taken me off any kind of pain killers...I am so sold on my Essential oils.

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on the Weight Loss...that's a win considering what time of the year it is...so I would say you are in charge and control of your health!!!

@prisoner2food Oh my goodness congratulations on the new additions to the family. I am overwhelmed thinking about your daughter and how full her plate is...I know my GGD, consumes a lot of my time. Feeding, changing diapers, washing bottles, washing clothes...let alone enjoying her..LOL So happy all is well, so sorry for the length of labor and C-section. I pray for quick healing for her.

@theslightedgeforever Good for you for staying on track...tell DH that was mean..LOL

@TrishasTime we are having rain today too!!, it's cloudy and wet...I like sunshine. LOL Glad you are enjoying the change in WW!!

Cbabie
  • prisoner2food
    Options
    Hope the pic works. They are coming home today. Been vacuuming and doing laundry. Amazing how much laundry a toddler makes!
    Still staying on track and trying to
    Drink more water
    Karen in BC
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

@prisoner2food _ How lovely, I smiled when I saw the A and B stickers. Is that to determine who arrived first? ( know it was a caesarean). What a wonderful addition to your family.

@cbabie - My sister is very into doterra oils and makes oils up for all sorts of ailments. She absolutely loves them.

@theslightedgeforever - It seems you are getting back on the wagon - well done with the preplanning for the bookclub meeting.

Hello @teresaw2010 - Where is @Trooworld?

Today it is sunny, I have the day off I think DH is painting ???? Well it could be just a wish on my part. I have walked with the dogs and inend to spend moving things back into the cupboard that he has just finished painting

Take care

Trish